Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Edworthy, Stuart and Crow leave Norwich!

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~666237,00.htmlCan''t say I''m too suprised at Eddy and Stuart but disappointed about Crow. Thought the guy had potential

Glad Edworthy and Stuart are gone, and Crow must just not have enough at this moment in time...

I''m sure all three players will find new clubs quite easily.

im shell-shocked about crow, could have well been a great starlet for norwich, could this be the biggest mistake of worthys career?????

only time will tell.

Prehaps we do have enough strikers, but if mat sven goes

no complaints about the other two thou

I know we don''t have the chance to see how different players perform in training week in week out, but i feel that the decision about Danny Crow is very wrong.

NCFC''s academy and its young players are vital.  We don''t have the money to buy lots of players each season, and this is why the academy must be central to this clubs future.

It sends mixed signals to the other youngsters if a player like crow is ''let go'' even though he has had only 4 first team appearances.  

Joe Lewis also needs to at least be on the bench more next season.  He is apparently a fantastic young talent, but may have fallen foul of Worthington dislike of young players. After all, there was NO NEED to buy two more keepers last summer.

Eddy to slow, Stuart done nothing, but your right about Crow.  I know he''s been out on loan and suspect he has not done enough to make the cut at Home.  Looks like he has potential though.  Still, lets hope we get some money for him and put it towards a decent right back!!!

Now there a surprise Mr. Worthington has let Danny Crow go.

The boy is young and shows a little talent something Mr. Worthington does not not understand.

As long as run around like a headless chicken and away from any player, so you not have to tackle or pass the ball you are in for life.

My conclusions for this is that Mr. Worthington said not long a go "we will not stop playing are pass game" as like many of you I can not remember seeing Norwich passing the ball more 5 times together all season, just a big punt up the field and that’s after pulling everyone back in are penalty area.

I am sorry to say I think Mr. Worthington lives in dream world or he is just having a break down, someone does need to talk the man before he goes completely mad.

Well it wouldn''t be a proper end of season without a "who will we buy at right-back" debate. Personally I''d love to see Helveg stay.

Stuart I think we all saw coming, didn''t really add anything and his dispatch to the stands once Bentley was fit confirmed that.

As for Crow, I''m shocked. I saw him a couple of times and thought he looked really promising. I hope the lad has a cracking career.

Agree with the above; it''s sensible to let Eddy and Stuart go, but why Crow? IMHO, he showed more potential than both Jarvis and Hendo. Let''s just hope that Holt and Fleming follow.

Fact is, we don''t know the whole story. He might have been offered a contract and simply refused to sign it, perhaps wanting a higher wage or something. Perhaps - having tasted first team football at Northampton - he wanted guarentees of first team action which we couldn''t provide.

On the face of it, I''d agree with the majority - releasing Crow wasn''t a clever move. But I suspect some other factor is involved.

No real surprise about Stuart but are we a bit hasty with Eddy?   I was his biggest critic last season but he WAS OK in the championship.  What happens now if Helveg decides that Morten Olsen is right and he needs top flight football for one last appearance at a world cup?  In his shoes I would leave city to secure that privilege.  That leaves without a right back at all, buying two and hoping one pays off.   If Helveg leaves I would be happy with a new youngster and Eddy in the squad on a one year contract.

It looks unanimous about Crow though - neve saw much of him but he was prefered to Jarvis on a couple of occassions, scored well for the reserves and looked lively in his limited first team appearances.  He does look lightweight, but so did Hayes, and perhaps his injury is more serious than we know.  Does seem odd bearing in mind he was given a pro contract only this season?  A shame but if it frees up cash for a rightback, centre back or decent central midfielder bring it on.

OTBC 

Edworthy clearly wasn''t up to much this season, and as soon as Helveg settled it''s been clear he''s a class above, if a little too far above for the rest of the team at times!

Stuart looked ok in one game, but was never very impressive.

I''ve never seen Crow play, but as impressive as everyone seems to think he is, surely the management team know a little more than we do?! Why else send him out on loan, before releasing him?

Seems like worthy et al can''t do anything right at the moment. Maybe we should get Clive Woodward in, I''ve heard his first signing is going to be Martin Johnson as our new center half, with Johnny Wilkinson as the new right winger.

Chunky

Crow came on in place of Leon against Liverpool and completely changed the game. His first touch and movement opened the defence up and allowed Jarvis to work his magic.

I am appalled and angry at this decision. It''s not as if we don''t have the money to keep him, he can''t be on much.

I''ll say it again - I am angry.

Eddy and Stuart, I am not surprised, but Eddy would do a good job in the championship and would not have a signing on fee etc and our squad is tiny. If Helveg goes that''s two right backs we have to buy.

As for Crow, if he was good enough to come off the bench at Middlesboro Worthy must, at the very least have considered him one for the future. We all know we are not short of strikers, but what happens if any of them decide to go. The likes of Crow would be a useful player to have on the bench and must be cheap. Also, as someone else said, what sort of signal does it send to the other youth team players?

Am I the only one that isnt surprised at Crow going? I am surprised that Henderson isnt going too but then he is on a longer contract I think.

Again its being put down to Worthington being an idiot - good one.

I too was impressed by Crow when he played but the fact of the matter is he didnt overly impress on his loan move. If he was quality then he would have at least challenged for a starting burth whilst there - he didnt. I do think he has got a bright future though but I think he needs regular football.

Its a bit like the Hayes situation. He could be a great player but only once he has been playing in a situation where he stands to actually get a start. Whilst McKenzie, Ashton, Svensson, Jarvis (yes lets not forget Jarvis) and Huckerby are at the club Crow doesnt really stand a chance.

As for Lewis, I keep bringing this up but he was 15 in the 2003-2004 season so he is only 16-17 now. He needs a loan spell I think to get some league experience. But it is right that we have three keepers at the club at one time. Otherwise you could have a keeper injured in training and then another in a reserve match and end up with signing Daryl Sutch to play in goal again!

I too liked the look of Crow. I''ll be very angry if he''s let him go and keeps hold of Hendo. Crow, in his 3 first team substitute appearances has looked like giving you more than Hendo''s looked like giving you in 4 years.

Hendo has to go in the inevitable cull of this summer... surely.

i will add my name to the Crow fan club. i also thought the lad looked as though he had potential. this is a slightly mystifying decision by worthy. i do hope he consults his coaching staff when making these decisions, and hope it doesnt prove to be a mistake. having said that, of all the players he''s released during his time in charge, none of them have come back to haunt him by becoming a huge success elsewhere. as for stuart and edworthy, i cant argue against worthy''s decision to release them both.

I would just like to add to my last statement.

Crow as a player would not have progressed staying with us. Its a shame but blatently obvious. Just look at what happened to Coote.

He was supposedly the new and young Iwan, he never challenged for a first team spot and when he finally got the chance his oppertunity to learn had been missed.

Players like Crow need to be able to be within a shot of a first team berth or they wont progress. He needs to be somewhere that can offer him an oppertunity of first team football not just a longshot, after four players get injured etc.

I have a feeling that the decision was as much his as it was the clubs. Just look at how well Hayes has come along since he got regular professional experience. I think it is the best move for both parties.

Crow isnt likely to be challenging for a first team spot any time soon and we have more youngsters coming through the ranks behind him. For him its best that he finds a situation that he has more of a chance in.

With regard to Eddy its either

a) personal issue with NW. No one can comment on the contract offer. It may have been derisory and understandably rejected by ME.

b) Having played him in about 30 games NW has decided that not only is ME not good enough for the Premier, he''s not good enough for the 2nd tier either.

Either a) or b) reflects poorly on NW in my opinion.

Or option c) Worthy considers him our 2nd choice right back and ME isnt prepared to be 2nd choice for a championship team + worthy would rather have a year to blood a young right back as cover to Helveg (if he stays).

I can''t believe he''s released Crow. From what i''ve seen he''s a far better player than Jarvis and Henderson. He came on against liverpool and i thought he conducted himself very well. He may not have done very well at  the cobblers but look at the players round him (no offense). A good player is only as good as the players round him. As for the other two, no big surprises. OTBC

looking into the future, i can understand fullly the releasing of Stuart and Eddy because of age, but i cant see why crow has gone, im not happy at all.....

...... once again, this is probably going to be the biggest mistake of worthys career!

(Remember mills............)

I cannot undersatnd why the Crow release is causing such a stir other than being another excuse to have a go at Worthy.  He may go off and do a reasonable job for a lower league team but thats not the point - we need him to be able to develop into a Championship or Premiership player.  I cringe when people talk about players going off to be successful at places like Barnet - so what?  If we fill the team with players who can do well at Barnet we''ll end up another two divisions down.  Some players look fantastic at Academy and reserve level and then hit a plateau that''s just life, others seem to plateau and then come good later.  Crow may be one of these but somehow I doubt it - he reminds me of Cureton (might do well at a lower level but never good enough for the top flight).  I agree that Hendo looks to have slipped away and will almost certainly be released at the end of his contract unless some miracle occurs - Crow was at the end of his contract, isn''t good enough, so he''s gone.

Ok - to the people that are defending the release of Crow, ask yourselves this. Why do we not have any youngsters coming through (Ok, there''s Shackell, but he''s the big exception and it took 32 games for him to play)?

A) Is it because they will never get a game because Worthington doesn''t have faith in them, or he prefers his old boys club?

B) Is it because our academy is poorly run?

C) Is it because every single young player we have isn''t good enough for professional football?

I''m hoping it''s not C.

And if it is B or A, then it doesn''t look too good on the Coaches does it?