Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Redmond

This thread has made me extremely happy - Redmond has looked like a real livewire in all of the preaseason I have seen and bits I have read.  He is energetic, backs his own ability (sometimes this can hinder his overall game, e.g. trying to pass 1 man too many, not delivering early) but it is fantastic to watch and he will get that down.Obviously his confidence has been boosted by his Premier League switch and again by this performance - lets hope he continues to impress and Hughton and the team can coach him through the tougher parts and keep that desire alight.

o.k., it was only against the sweaty socks, but Redmond''s was the best performance from a young English player for many a long year.

Taken off after the 6th goal, thankfully, England were never the same force after he went off.

Harry Kane came on and continued to disappoint.

Roy Hodgson was in charge for tonights game, after the demise of Stuart Pearce, and the difference in team selection and tactics etc. was immense. Pearce should never be allowed near a football team again. I was his biggest fan as a player, but as a manager he''s the pits. He had a face like a smacked arse, or he''d been kicked in the nuts, in the post match interview.

Anyway, a good interview and a Man of the Match bottle of champers for our Nathan. Well done lad.

Very impressed with Redmond tonight, performance of high quality, man of the match, can''t ask a lot more than that. Spoke very well in the interview at the end of the game too, sounds quite down to earth.

Only annoying element was how desperate the commentators were to fawn and coo over Sterling, largely at the expense of Redmond who (on this showing) is just as good + an end product.

Exciting times.

IMO - redmonds performance should make hodgy reconsider his choice of zaha, it won''t, but it should.

IMO i think redmond is a better all round player, now that may just be my yellow tinted glasses, but he can play on either wing or in the hole. the only reason I can see why he would choose zaha is 1) age could have something to do with it, is zaha 21 compared to redmonds 19?

and 2) zaha had a very excessive pricetag for woys fav team.

Woy has said that there were some lads in that side who are "banging" not "knocking" on the door for a call up to the 1st team, surely Redmond must be one of those after that performance??!!

In all fairness Zaha is a really good player and was a handful during the charity shield.

As mentioned earlier on this thread Michael Owen was wetting himself over Sterling who continually made bad choices throughout the match whereas Redmond was without doubt man of the match.

Keep that level of performance up and Pilks will be warming the bench for some time.

Went to the last friendly and all though Redmond wasnt on long he showed the passion and the hunger to win the ball and go for a run with it...this is the sort of player Norwich needed to add to the team and I look forward to the start of the season. Lets hope we develop him in to the exciting player he can be. Also a big well done to him to join a mid table premiership team, where he will play games and get better and one day he will be able to join a top four team. I think other players should follow his lead unlike Zaha who wont play at Man utd!

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]IMO - redmonds performance should make hodgy reconsider his choice of zaha, it won''t, but it should. IMO i think redmond is a better all round player, now that may just be my yellow tinted glasses, but he can play on either wing or in the hole. the only reason I can see why he would choose zaha is 1) age could have something to do with it, is zaha 21 compared to redmonds 19? and 2) zaha had a very excessive pricetag for woys fav team.[/quote]

Zaha is a very, very exciting prospect. He''s tall, strong and very pacey. He''s got all sorts of tricks in his locker to beat a man (or several men) and he''s also got great vision and awareness.

His final ball and decision making needs improvement but the raw ability and potential is there for him to be one of the best attacking players in the game. And that''s why Man Utd have paid all that money for him.

Not saying I don''t rate Redmond because I do. I think he''ll be a terrific player. But if you haven''t realised it yet I don''t think it''ll be too long until you realise how good Zaha is.

After witnessing his performances for us and the couple of u21 games I''ve seen this year -> for me he must start on saturday!

[quote user="Fletch"]

Went to the last friendly and all though Redmond wasnt on long he showed the passion and the hunger to win the ball and go for a run with it...this is the sort of player Norwich needed to add to the team and I look forward to the start of the season. Lets hope we develop him in to the exciting player he can be. Also a big well done to him to join a mid table premiership team, where he will play games and get better and one day he will be able to join a top four team. I think other players should follow his lead unlike Zaha who wont play at Man utd!

[/quote]

Zaha starred for Man U in pre-season and looked good in the Community Shield, he will get games this year at Man U and there aren''t many better players to learn the skills of a winger from than Giggs.

Redmond looked very bright yesterday, but Scotland were truely awful and made no effort to stop him and Sterling (who was also very good) from having masses of freedom on the wings - that will probably be Redmond''s easiest game all season. I really hope he starts on Saturday as to give Norwich an outlet on the left side of the pitch, otherwise Norwich will be looking to do all their attacking down Everton''s left handside. That is the side Everton love to counter down, keeping the ball as far away from Baines as possible is probably a good tactic.