Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Do not associate us with Celtic

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

The whole "Family" thing was born out of respect for so many of them making the trip down here midweek to celebrate Drury''s testimonial and for making it such a fantastic and memorable evening.

I think it''s run it''s course now.

[/quote]

I doubt many of them actually came down from Glasgow and their Achy Breaky Heart song was not worthy of any respect.
[/quote]

I didn''t take a survey but certainly all the Celtic fans that I spoke to that evening had made the trip down. And who said it was the Paddy McCourt song made them worthy of respect?

Birchfest - and if they read the thread they would see that no-one actually beleived that a hideous song like that was actually sung so I don''t understand what you are actually getting at.

[quote user="judderman"]Personally I think it''s pretty admirable that Unhinged Canary has other things to do in his life than watch the news or look on news websites. Sometimes I wish I lived a life that was less influenced by the media. If he needs to ask who someone is, there''s no need to have a go.
[/quote]

I guess it''s all a matter of balance. It''s probably a good idea to have some appreciation/understanding of what''s going on in the world. If we all ignored everything else and kept within our own little box, life possibly wouldn''t be quite as interesting. 

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="judderman"]Personally I think it''s pretty admirable that Unhinged Canary has other things to do in his life than watch the news or look on news websites. Sometimes I wish I lived a life that was less influenced by the media. If he needs to ask who someone is, there''s no need to have a go.[/quote]

I guess it''s all a matter of balance. It''s probably a good idea to have some appreciation/understanding of what''s going on in the world. If we all ignored everything else and kept within our own little box, life possibly wouldn''t be quite as interesting. 

[/quote]

Balance is what its all about.   I started switching off radios/tv''s whenever news comes on, about two years ago.  How many times do you have to hear something in a day?    What really p**ses me off is when they repeat the same interview twice in the same bulletin.     Having said that you have to look at or listen to the news once or twice a day to keep up with things, but every half hour, more than that, sometimes, is just too much information.  The media circus is just that............a circus - and not a very good one.  

[quote user="Stig"]Ignorance isn''t something I would be parading around, UC... Educate yourself or be quiet.

As for this thread, why is it some fans think we are closely knit to Celtic after one friendly? After this whole Hooper affair and the way Lennon went about it I thought that attitude would be null and void.[/quote]It''s not ignorance, it''s simple economics. Television & Newspapers cost money. Money which I''d rather spend elsewhere. As for being up to date with the current news, it''s not something that generally lifts your day is it? How often to you watch the news and feel good about the world?I''d wager not very often.....

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Unhinged, Lee Rigby was a drummer in the British Army who was beheaded outside Woolwich barracks in May by 2 British Muslims.[/quote]Thank you.I''ve also been away from work on long-term sick so I''ve not really spoken to anyone.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Dont think we''ll be seeing UC back in here.

How some people get through day to day life, I''ll never know[/quote]Wrong......It take''s more than a couple of pissy comments to get rid of me.I''ll live my life how I want, and I let others do the same.I asked a simple question and ''eventually'' got an answer. Some of you on here really need to find some better things to worry about.

Absolutely NO evidence whatsoever to support these ridiculous claims.

Is there any video footage on youtube? Is there any audio footage available on the internet?The answer to both of the questions is no. Infact I have seen claims that a Rangers fan started it...

It would have been incredibly easy to have filmed the song/s being sang and then uploaded it to youtube.

And yet...

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"]Dont think we''ll be seeing UC back in here.

How some people get through day to day life, I''ll never know[/quote]Wrong......It take''s more than a couple of pissy comments to get rid of me.I''ll live my life how I want, and I let others do the same.I asked a simple question and ''eventually'' got an answer. Some of you on here really need to find some better things to worry about.[/quote]

I think the point that everyone was trying to make is that how can someone, obviously with some working knowledge and access to the internet, can have gone about life during the past few months without knowing who Lee Rigby is and, even if they didn''t, thought it would be easier to log on to here, write a message and wait indefinitely for an answer from a bunch of anonymous strangers rather than type two words into a search engine.

Next thing you''ll be asking is "what''s this I hear about Prince Charles and Princess Diana having a baby?"

[quote user="lake district canary"]I may be wrong, but I thought the original Celtic/NCFC connection was because Lambert and Lennon were old buddies.   That connection has gone.  Celtic and their fans are trying to act like they are still a big club, but are struggling against the tide.   Champions League, yes, but then so are Shamrock Rovers..................

[/quote]

Shamrock Rovers aren''t in the Champions League and have also never been in the last 16.

[quote user="Celticfanman"][quote user="lake district canary"]I may be wrong, but I thought the original Celtic/NCFC connection was because Lambert and Lennon were old buddies.   That connection has gone.  Celtic and their fans are trying to act like they are still a big club, but are struggling against the tide.   Champions League, yes, but then so are Shamrock Rovers..................

[/quote]

Shamrock Rovers aren''t in the Champions League and have also never been in the last 16.[/quote]

I see I touched a nerve. I''m well aware they are not in it now.  They were a couple of years ago.   I meant the term "Champion''s League team" to refer to any team that can say it has been in the Champion''s League. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Celticfanman"][quote user="lake district canary"]I may be wrong, but I thought the original Celtic/NCFC connection was because Lambert and Lennon were old buddies.   That connection has gone.  Celtic and their fans are trying to act like they are still a big club, but are struggling against the tide.   Champions League, yes, but then so are Shamrock Rovers..................

[/quote]

Shamrock Rovers aren''t in the Champions League and have also never been in the last 16.[/quote]

I see I touched a nerve. I''m well aware they are not in it now.  They were a couple of years ago.   I meant the term "Champion''s League team" to refer to any team that can say it has been in the Champion''s League. 

[/quote]

Fair enough we aren''t as good a team as we used to be but we are still a big club.

This will be a tiny tiny proportion of the better behaved of the two big Glasgow teams.
I can remember Norwich fans singing "No surrender to the IRA" to Celtic fans when they came to Carrow Road for the Tim Shepperd testimonial, every club has morons.  

[quote user="Celticfanman"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Celticfanman"][quote user="lake district canary"]I may be wrong, but I thought the original Celtic/NCFC connection was because Lambert and Lennon were old buddies.   That connection has gone.  Celtic and their fans are trying to act like they are still a big club, but are struggling against the tide.   Champions League, yes, but then so are Shamrock Rovers..................[/quote]

Shamrock Rovers aren''t in the Champions League and have also never been in the last 16.[/quote]I see I touched a nerve. I''m well aware they are not in it now.  They were a couple of years ago.   I meant the term "Champion''s League team" to refer to any team that can say it has been in the Champion''s League.  [/quote]

Fair enough we aren''t as good a team as we used to be but we are still a big club.[/quote]

Ahh.... now that was kind of my point.  A big club. The point a lot of people in England is to ask because of the stature of their week in week out opponents, are Celtic still that big in relation to say....................Norwich?    More fans? Maybe.   More money?  I doubt that.   Better football??  That is debatable too.   Champion''s League?  So are a lot of clubs - including Leeds and Shamrock Rovers and other minnows.Are Shamrock Rovers a bigger club than Norwich because they have been in the Champion''s League?  No.Are Leeds a bigger club than Norwich because they got to the semi-finals of the Champion''s League? No.Are Celtic a bigger club than Norwich because of their history?  No.Its all about now.  Not anything else.  Right now Norwich are more of a power in football (admittedly partly because of the finances available in the premiership, as well as our football) than Celtic.   The Champions League for Celtic is a given - or should be - so that means very little.  You love your club like we do ours, but reality is reality and particularly with the demise of Rangers and Scottish Football in general, Celtic really aren''t in the same league (figuratively speaking) as most premiership sides.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Celticfanman"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Celticfanman"][quote user="lake district canary"]I may be wrong, but I thought the original Celtic/NCFC connection was because Lambert and Lennon were old buddies.   That connection has gone.  Celtic and their fans are trying to act like they are still a big club, but are struggling against the tide.   Champions League, yes, but then so are Shamrock Rovers..................[/quote]

We shall agree to disagree.

Shamrock Rovers aren''t in the Champions League and have also never been in the last 16.[/quote]I see I touched a nerve. I''m well aware they are not in it now.  They were a couple of years ago.   I meant the term "Champion''s League team" to refer to any team that can say it has been in the Champion''s League.  [/quote]

Fair enough we aren''t as good a team as we used to be but we are still a big club.[/quote]

Ahh.... now that was kind of my point.  A big club. The point a lot of people in England is to ask because of the stature of their week in week out opponents, are Celtic still that big in relation to say....................Norwich?    More fans? Maybe.   More money?  I doubt that.   Better football??  That is debatable too.   Champion''s League?  So are a lot of clubs - including Leeds and Shamrock Rovers and other minnows.Are Shamrock Rovers a bigger club than Norwich because they have been in the Champion''s League?  No.Are Leeds a bigger club than Norwich because they got to the semi-finals of the Champion''s League? No.Are Celtic a bigger club than Norwich because of their history?  No.Its all about now.  Not anything else.  Right now Norwich are more of a power in football (admittedly partly because of the finances available in the premiership, as well as our football) than Celtic.   The Champions League for Celtic is a given - or should be - so that means very little.  You love your club like we do ours, but reality is reality and particularly with the demise of Rangers and Scottish Football in general, Celtic really aren''t in the same league (figuratively speaking) as most premiership sides.  

[/quote]

Just find Scottish football pointless atm. There is only going to be one winner of the league at present due to Rangers demise but even then its a two horse race. Very boring.

Mind you the Prem is turning out to be a four horse race at best, getting boring!

The rest of the league is actually very competitive and there is a lot more youngsters playing now. Most leagues are 2 to 3 horse leagues at best.

"Most leagues are 2 to 3 horse leagues at best."

Very true, This is the nature of modern day football with the majority of the teams competing to be the best of the rest. The problem for scottish football now is that it''s a 1 horse race and until that changes players wont see the league as a good career move.

As I see it there are some contradictions with Celtic and the SPL at the moment. For just about as long as I can remember it has been between Rangers and Celtic as to who is going to be top dog with the other being second with this going in cycles.Once every now and again an outsider breaks into this game such as Aberdeen under Ferguson. Whilst there may be good competition amongst the other clubs it is rare for other than Celtic or rangers to be on the top of the pile. The financial demise of rangers has changed that so it is now a one horse race with Celtic not having to break into a sweat to win the league with this position likely to remain for years to come. This means of course that celtic can now afford to devote more time and energy into Europe and it can be no coincidence that their results have improved of late. The SPL sadly though has ceased to be of much interest outside Scotland and this in turn has reflected upon the performances of the National team. add to this the demise of top Scottish players not that many years ago most top English sides has several Scottish players, this is a rare occurrence now  though they do pop up in the championship. Celtic are a massive club but in a very small pool and if the trend continues then in financial terms the bottom half of the EPL will look much more attractive than playing for Celtic

Scotland just doesn''t have the population to have a league that can be considered the equal to the top leagues in Europe.

Thus is reflected by Euefa giving less champions league spots to the SPL compared to other leagues.

Celtic are a massive club, anyone thats says otherwise are delluded. Scottish league and international football is in a massive slump. That is not an unfair reflection. And I genuinely fear for the game North of the boarder as I can see it only getting worse should independance occure.

As for the premier league, I''d say we are looking at a much more even playing field this season.

Can Moyes replicate Fergie? - surely not in his first season? Jose returning good or bad? Wenger to finally splash the cash! Will it be enough to buy the title? Can Pellegrini revitalise Man City? Or can Spurs slip in un noticed this year and get champs league footie again?

On top of that you have Liverpool who always have the potential, Everton who have, under Moyes, looked threatening.

Most leagues have a much clearer defined top two. Barca vs Real for example. Not sure about Italy mind you.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]It''s not ignorance, it''s simple economics. Television & Newspapers cost money. Money which I''d rather spend elsewhere. As for being up to date with the current news, it''s not something that generally lifts your day is it? How often to you watch the news and feel good about the world?[/quote]
I''m similar, basically go out of my way to avoid most news as it either brings me down, or has an ulterior motive behind it so can''t be trusted - So not interested for either reasons.  However, couldn''t avoid the Lee Rigby murder it was major news.
I wouldn''t call it ignorance to not being aware, plus it prevents being easily brainwashed by the media - Very powerful organisations!