Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

We support our local team ?

One of our favourite chants at Man U at the weekend, but when it come to Champions league fixtures like tonight... do you support your local team?

Do you watch the game entirely as a neutral, or always support an English team against foreign opposition.

So, just for tonight are you a Man U fan, a Real fan, or a Neutral ???? answers and reasons please.............

Good luck with the tenner. I''m tuned into Five Live right now. Despite hurling abuse at the reds at the weekend, I must say I would like them to beat Real. Simply the fact they are an English team.

I always used to support the English team up until about 5 years ago. When it got to the stage where it was always a couple of English teams in the semi''s and they were always playing each other I got fed up with the hype and coverage.

Now I support who ever is playing the nicer football. I loved watching Athletic Bilbao last year they were a joy to watch.

Davo

Neutral for me. The old European Cup I would have wanted Man U to win but I think these CL games are more about the individual players than the teams. It''s been interesting to see how Ronaldo has been kept quiet. Will he get more influential in the second half?

Not really bothered about who goes through tonight, suppose Man.U for English reasons.

And wow, Fergie doing a HT interview. He doesn''t like them at the best of times...

I think Mr Ronaldo is still shocked by the warm reception he recieved by the home fans...they want him back...and he wants to leave Real...

I couldn''t give a shiny shi*.. if united won the Champions League what bearing would it have on City? none at all...

None at all..and no chance of that now! City til I die, but I got to say that lot of people who like football will watch / listen.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I couldn''t give a shiny shi*.. if united won the Champions League what bearing would it have on City? none at all...

[/quote]

Why bother posting about it then?

And why on earth do you have an issue with people talking about other football, its really not a problem. Fine, this is a Norwich city forum. There are about 5 OT posts a week, and there is always someone on there who has a moan before it/if it gets moved. Its laughable. If you don''t care, why on earth have you bothered to post about it?

Ref got it right - Nani was looking for Arbeloar and deliberately flicked out his leg with intent to kick him.  ref saw it and got it right.  Nani should get hung out to dry by Fergie, not the ref.  But the media seem to have bought it as "poor ole Utd" already.  Look they are just a franchise now - they need pegging back!

Shame all the talk will be about the ref, thats never good. I have not seen the challenge myself as I a listening on the radio, but all the talk seems to be ''poor old Utd'' dreadfull decision etc.

Interesting though that in answer to my original question there definitly not universal support for an English club. I guess the world has changed..maybe we feel more european now? or we resent the corporate club ownership which exists today?

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]Interesting though that in answer to my original question there definitly not universal support for an English club. I guess the world has changed..maybe we feel more european now? or we resent the corporate club ownership which exists today?

[/quote]

My dislike of the English clubs is mainly to do with the media. It''s the over saturation of what used to be the "big 4". A few years ago before Man City come along and Liverpool descended into a mediocre Prem team that was all you ever heard about. No other club in the country mattered except those 4 teams at the top of the Prem. Frankly it put me off football for a while and it got to the stage where if Norwich wasn''t involved then I wasn''t interested. It''s a fair bit better now that those teams have been broken up by two others. Although the only reason why I pay any attention to the Prem is because we are there.

DAvo

Think it was harsh and ruined what could have been the beautiful game at its best, was game on at the time.

Yellow and green specs on then hey ho that''s the way decisions go, refreshing to see some go against them at old Trafford. The team with 11 men won.

[quote user="xymox"]

Yellow and green specs on then hey ho that''s the way decisions go, refreshing to see some go against them at old Trafford. The team with 11 men won.[/quote]Exactly right, can''t remember the last time I watched Man Utd play and not get a noticeable advantage from the officials, suspect it was another European tie, they''d have had two penalties tonight had it been against us in the Prem.SAF though... why doesn''t he do interviews when they lose, very disrespectful IMO.

Really? You should try. I don''t recommend watching England but watching the champions league can be absolute class. Think we should sign a few of the rm players wouldn''t mind a couple of the Man U ones too!

Heh champions league can be bit boring, but I suggest watching Bundesliga and La Liga once in a while as they play soo much more open game than in premier league. ( Well avoid Barcelona games, they are boring, if you have seen one you have seen them all)

Anyway as I''m not english I dont have any good reason to be on ManU''s side and Real Madrid was my fathers and grandpa''s team while they still lived so it has always been second team to cheer for with Norwich so you can bet I jumped from the couch when Modric made them even.

Also remember that every time english team loses there it is less money for players next season ^^

I was a neutral last and really enjoyed the game.

I agreed with Roy Keane that the ref made the right decision. The challenge was reckless and if you watch the replay, Nani actually kicks on after there is contact. But the media have mainly bought into the poor old united line.

"And why on earth do you have an issue with people talking about other football, its really not a problem."

make your mind up

ps jusy heard through the grapevine (so to speak) that Cornwall County Council had an emergency meeting overnight to discuss whether to make today into a day of mourning