Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

MOTM vs Spurs

Excellent performance, shame we couldn''t hang on for the win, but nothing to be ashamed of today (thank god!!).
The lads left it all on the pitch tonight and were only undone by a moment of magic. 
My MOTM would be Holt or Snoddy, thought both were superb.
Honourable mentions to Bassong, Turner, and Wessi too. Thought Bunn looked like a different Keeper today, was much more assured so maybe bringing Camp in has given him a kick up the a$$ if nothing else, but really thought he was very, very good tonight.

Bunn, hands down, won us the point tonight. At least 3 goal-bound saves. I agree though, the signing of Camp has probably given him a bit of an edge

The entire team looked full of confidence and we looked sharp - which was good to see. We just need to get a win to get a run ticking again!

Holt? Really? Thought he was a big weak link tonight, the number of times he was given the ball into his feet by Hoolahan or Snodgrass and then promptly gave the ball away.

I don''t expect wonders as he is playing up front on his own, but he has to hold up the ball better than he did tonight - was the main reason Norwich couldn''t get out of their half.

Snodgrass was excellent at times, as was Hoolahan.

Oops, forgot Johnson, he had one of his better games today. When he is on form he''s a helluva player, but when he''s off form he looks more like a rugby player!! Fortunately he was on it today. Tettey good too but to be honest, it''s hard to pick fault with anyone, Pilks was awesome too.

snoddy was great in the 1st half, but wasnt given the chance to get forward much in the 2nd.

my motm is bassong, he put in a great shift from start to finish on his return from injury.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Holt? Really? Thought he was a big weak link tonight, the number of times he was given the ball into his feet by Hoolahan or Snodgrass and then promptly gave the ball away.

I don''t expect wonders as he is playing up front on his own, but he has to hold up the ball better than he did tonight - was the main reason Norwich couldn''t get out of their half.

Snodgrass was excellent at times, as was Hoolahan.[/quote]

What colour is the sky on your planet? Guess you weren''t at the game. Holt was magnificent tonight. I''m not even going to explain why as you are wrong in so many ways.

Bassong or Turner.

Both were immense at the back though Turner rarely gets as much credit as he deserves because people have only got eyes for Bassong.

Honourable mentions for various others. Though it wasn''t one of Hoolahan''s better games and Garrido was the weakest link in defence.

Snodgrass MOM for me. Scooby, I was at the game and echo Bethnal''s comments. You''re easily pleased if you think Holt was "magnificent" tonight!

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Holt? Really? Thought he was a big weak link tonight, the number of times he was given the ball into his feet by Hoolahan or Snodgrass and then promptly gave the ball away.

Snodgrass was excellent at times, as was Hoolahan.[/quote]

What colour is the sky on your planet? Guess you weren''t at the game. Holt was magnificent tonight. I''m not even going to explain why as you are wrong in so many ways.[/quote]Holt was ok last night until he poleaxed the "sh!t Kyle Naughton", needless yellow gained. Snodgrass MOTM for me closely followed by Bunn.

For me was turner tettey or wes,  bunn,  snod and bassong close too.

Dont get the MOTM claims for Holt though,  he put himself about much more than he has in recent games but simply not enough from him for me - link up play not as good as he can be and sttill struggling to hit the target.   He needs some competition - adn becchio is not it.

[quote user="kick it off"]Oops, forgot Johnson, he had one of his better games today. When he is on form he''s a helluva player, but when he''s off form he looks more like a rugby player!! Fortunately he was on it today. Tettey good too but to be honest, it''s hard to pick fault with anyone, Pilks was awesome too.[/quote]

Interesting how opinions differ. As usual Pilks played well for 30 mins but particularly in the second half was non existent.Has scored some good goals but for me is not involved enough and gives little support to Holt.

MOM was Turner who looked rock solid. In the first half Spurs were there for the taking and we should have scored at least one more. Second half completely different. Did they up their game or was it Hughton''s tactics to sit back and hold on to the lead for 45 mins. For example Bunn was time wasting quite early in second period. In the last 30 mins it was fairly obvious Spurs pressure would lead to an equaliser.