Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Fear we're in trouble!!!

Never has a window offered so much but delivered so little. Our squad needed reinforcing and all we''ve done is replace on championship striker with another one! God help us if Bassong gets injured, and looks like the already knackerd other players, Tettey etc will just have to carry on, as shown on Saturday their back up is sub standard.

There is some validity in the OP''s point of view IMO.

It has been glaringly obvious from very early in the season that we were short of genuine Premiership talent in the striking department. Only Holt and Morison (a bit) approached the required level. Jacko has never been quite good enough for the Premiership and Kane was a complete flop.

From before Christmas many of us assumed that the problem would be addressed in the window by making some marquee signing that Hughton had lined up. I genuinely anticipated the aquisition of a class act. I believe others did.

After a naive and failed excursion into big-time Europe we are then to be found upping bids continuously on the very last day for an over-priced SPL striker whose club had no intention of selling or whose valuation we had no intention of matching.

I am happy with Becchio and looking forward to seeing Kamara in action, but I feel let down. The lack of activity before the window in dealing with this problem is inexplicable. A marquee signing should have virtually been in the bag by January 1st. We knew we had the money ready after all.

The interest in Curtis Davies was belated too and only seemed to arise when it became clear just how fragile we were at the back without Bassong. Something many of us had feared long before. Again, an offer was made on the very last day. A Curtis Davies should have walked through the Carrow Road gates early on in January, just as Lee Camp did.

It is a disappointing window because of all this.

If Bassong gets injured. We will be relegated. Need him fit & Ruddy back as soon as possible .... then we will stay up ... just

We''ve made it this far and we''re above the bottom three, we''re over halfway. Why can''t we see out the rest of the season?

If anything we''ve improved - bought in a decent backup keeper with Ruddy slowly making a recovery, we''ve bought in an in form goalscoring striker, and we''ve bought in another charismatic winger to give Pilks, Snoddy and Wes some competition.

Sure, we could have done better, and signed overpriced players and wasted all our cash today, or we could be sensible and see we''ve probably got enough to get us over the line and thrash out some excellent bargains in the summer (just like Tettey) with our hard earned cash.

Keep the faith.

I think we''re seriously in trouble.The main thing that has worried me is that McNally said "Every spare penny will go straight into the first team", yet we have effectively spent nothing this window? (think about it: Camp - loan, Kamara, loan, Becchio - Moro+1mill). We''ve actually made money in this window! [:$] He has tweeted a few hours ago saying "the remaining cash will be be spent in the summer window) - Hate to point out David, it might be too late then. We''ve had ample time (and the cash) to do business in the window too as from day one we showed interest in Hooper / Graham / RvW, but never showed any determination when it actually came to the quality and quantity of the bids, and now its too late. Appauling business, we can shake our heads and say "ahh well Hooper plays in Hooper league, we didnt really want him!", but lets face it, we did, badly. I bet Hughton / McNally / the club will look back on this at the end of the season and realise how poorly we have actually done this month in terms of transfers. Why have we never dropped the reputation of "Tight Norwich"? Reminds me of when we sold Flecky / Sutton / Ashton and either pocketed the cash and didn''t replace them or replaced them with a pile of cheap poo.Anyway, negativity over. Lets hope Bechs and Kamara have an immidiate impact so we can try and laugh off this transfer window. Roll on QPhaha

You''ve only got to have watched the matches this season to know we''re in trouble. Discounting QPR who will be too strong for us, fail to beat Fulham and I think the understanding of our perilous situation will finally begin to register more widely.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]You''ve only got to have watched the matches this season to know we''re in trouble. Discounting QPR who will be too strong for us, fail to beat Fulham and I think the understanding of our perilous situation will finally begin to register more widely.[/quote]

Thats nonsense in some games this season we''ve been far superior than last, just when we''ve been rubbish (mainly away) we''ve stunk. My worry is the pressure of being so dire away from home will put on our home form.

Or how about that the January transfer window offers a complete lack of value for money and selling clubs will always take the pee. I''m quite a cynical person normally but I genuinely believe McNally and Hughton worked as hard as they possibly could to get in a striker or two. Celtic seemed to value Hooper at about 8 or 9 million and he''s simply not worth that. I''d have loved RvW but simply because of his name.If no-one''s selling their strikers then we can''t buy them. We don''t have untold riches to splash around (Man Citeh bought no-one at all).If it helps people sleep at night, Villa bought a second-division French midfielder, Reading brought dribs and drabs, Southampton bought a Norwegian defender etc etc. Only really QPR splashed the cash and where does that normally get them?

If none of our keys players get injured then we should be fine. If we lose Bassong, Holt, Tettey, Garrido, Wes turner or Johnson for an extended period of time and I think we will find ourselves in deep trouble

We have taken points off Spurs,Arsenal and Utd with this ''ordinary'' bunch of players. Even if we didn''t sign anyone i think we would have survived.

We need 4 wins and a draw and safety should be ok. Looking at other clubs around us there aren''t to many players where i thought ''why didn''t we get him'' or ''he will improve them''.

I agree Morison''s Prozac if we lose 7 of our first 11 then we''ll be in trouble just like almost any other team in the division. Bassong staying fit is the real important one.