Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

An ignore button (Pete)

Good point Laps, I would say though that I would have made the choice to ignore him and with that comes the consequence that the thread may not make as much sense, however from other forums which have the function, the main theme of the thread is not lost on the user if he chooses to ignore 1 or 2 posters who may be posting in it, or so it appears.

And like i said earlier, if i was to use the ignore function it would only affect how i saw the thread, this has no repercussions on others and if I didn''t like it and thought I was missing out on some good points then I could simply choose to un-ignore.

The system isn''t perfect, no system ever is, but I don''t see the harm in giving users the option if it is a fairly easy and cheap measure to implement.

This is pathetic, really.

Trolls do not give the forum ''atmosphere'' they get their kicks out of gullible idiots and people debating on how to deal with them. Undesirables like them do not deserve the attention!

Out with them!

[quote user="im spartacus"]i find it a bit sad that this board is such a big part of some peoples lives that they actually care about trolls[/quote]

Hooray and well said spartacus.[Y]

[quote user="im spartacus"]i find it a bit sad that this board is such a big part of some peoples lives that they actually care about trolls[/quote]

It is sad. And sadder still that some prefer to post about others than football.

I miss Pricey already.....

[:''(]

I find it arrogance in the extreme that someone with a different opinion or view from other more entrenched posters on here is always labelled a ''troll'' by those same posters.

I''d welcome an edit button if only just to blank the self appointed troll spotters. [:|]

It''s not that you have a different opinion,it''s because your opinion changes with the weather,and just as dramatically. If you weren''t sooooo manic people might not think you are on a wind up.

Saying that your presence on this forum is fun,if somewhat infuriating at times.

[quote user="MagicJimCanary2013"]What did I do wrong...... [:''(][/quote][:D] Splendid work!I''d also like to remind you that I am still manning the Forum Bullying Helpline if you would like to call me and talk about the big bad collective group of pixels that are causing you anxiety and upset.

[quote user="Herman "] Your presence on this forum is fun,if somewhat infuriating at times.[/quote]It''s rather like today''s snowfall.  Fun for an hour or so, then disruptive and annoying for the next few weeks until it buggers off for a while.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

Now there is a concept...

Instead of needing a button use the POWER OF YOUR MIIIIIIND and ignore them.

What do you do in "live" situations? What about if somebody starts a conversation that doesn''t interest you? BUTTON!!!! I NEED A BUTTON!!!!! I DON''T WANT TO LISTEN - BUTTTTTOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!

No, you ignore it, walk away, or maybe just engage someone else in a conversation that interests you.

[:''(]

[/quote]

Unfortunately Mr Edwards many of these wonderful posters have already lost the ability to reason, or work out the solution to such a simple problem. Perhaps a ''please tell me what to think as I can''t do it for myself'' button may assist them? Or a '' don''t make me read his post, pleeeeease don''t make me read his post'' button would be better ?

This is probably a very stupid question, but I am to technology what our "strikers" are to goalscoring, so what actually is an ignore button and how does it work? Does it work as a kind of blanket blacklisting so you can''t see threads or posts from particular posters? How is it different from just taking a decision not to look at such? Bear in mind that answers will need to  be very simple.

An ignore button - based on either user or keyword - was one of many items I put in a list when it was put forward that we might be finally getting some new forum software after 10 years. Still waiting...As for Nutty''s idea about donations to moderate - donate here and I might considerate it...

"As for Nutty''s idea about donations to moderate - donate here and I might considerate it..."

Sounds like a good idea.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]"As for Nutty''s idea about donations to moderate - donate here and I might considerate it..." Sounds like a good idea.[/quote]

Christ, to think of the self appointed troll spotters and binner hunters in control of moderation on here fair gives me the shudders.......this site would all be full of yes men to CT and his friends.

Hell, it would close within 1 week.

"Christ, to think of the self appointed troll spotters and binner hunters in control of moderation on here fair gives me the shudders.......this site would all be full of yes men to CT and his friends.

Hell, it would close within 1 week"

Funny, the factory owners used to say just that type of thing when trade unions started appearing.

Looks like you and your kind might be ''going out of bussiness''.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]An ignore button - based on either user or keyword - was one of many items I put in a list when it was put forward that we might be finally getting some new forum software after 10 years. Still waiting...

As for Nutty''s idea about donations to moderate - donate here and I might considerate it...
[/quote]

Hamlet Centre is another really worth while local charity worthy of support. So that''s the first two months sorted now. If you want help setting it up Pete then give me a shout....

[quote user="Wiz"]Christ, to think of the self appointed troll spotters and binner hunters in control of moderation on here fair gives me the shudders.......[/quote]I actually agree with Wiz on this...and he is a prime example of why it wouldn''t work.I mean, half of all posters would be banned on his first day...........only to be reinstated the next day and the other half banned! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]Christ, to think of the self appointed troll spotters and binner hunters in control of moderation on here fair gives me the shudders.......[/quote]

I actually agree with Wiz on this...and he is a prime example of why it wouldn''t work.

I mean, half of all posters would be banned on his first day......

.....only to be reinstated the next day and the other half banned! [;)]

[/quote]

Ho, ho, ho! Oh, what a little winker you are today Lappy. Ha, ha, ha!

Must be all that snow. Or suffink.........

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]Christ, to think of the self appointed troll spotters and binner hunters in control of moderation on here fair gives me the shudders.......[/quote]

I actually agree with Wiz on this...and he is a prime example of why it wouldn''t work.I mean, half of all posters would be banned on his first day...........only to be reinstated the next day and the other half banned! [;)]

[/quote]Ho, ho, ho! Oh, what a little winker you are today Lappy. Ha, ha, ha! Must be all that snow. Or suffink.........[/quote]

I certainly wouldn''t ban you if I was a mod Bly, but I would move your ramblings to your own sub-forum where you can riddle me this, riddle me that to your hearts content.

One lump!