Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

2013/14 season ticket prices

10% price rise for adults in the lower Barclay (6% if you opt of Academy donation).Renew before the first deadline and if Norwich City stay in the Premier League then season ticket prices for 2014/15 are frozen.More details here

Despite the potential increase in TV revenue,

I expect an increase, unfortunately

limited supply of seats and a high demand for them

I would like the club to think longterm and not price some fans out of the stadium 

We fill our ground, don''t think anyone could not expect an increase.

I''m going to have a pretty steep increase, U21 to Adult.... Think i''m going to have to take over payment from my Grandad, not fair him paying for my adult season ticket really.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There will be an increase. Or at least that was what was said at the AGM.

[/quote]

All sorts of specific increases last season, depending on early payment or not, and the various categories, but generally it was around 11 per cent. And, despite the idea that we have been holding prices down, a Guardian survey showed that if you excluded the top six or so clubs (plus some London prices) we were very much at the top of the group of small to medium-sized clubs such as WBA, Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Reading and Wigan.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

All sorts of specific increases last season, depending on early payment or not, and the various categories, but generally it was around 11 per cent. And, despite the idea that we have been holding prices down, a Guardian survey showed that if you excluded the top six or so clubs (plus some London prices) we were very much at the top of the group of small to medium-sized clubs such as WBA, Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Reading and Wigan.

[/quote]

Yes compared to these club''s we''re not so cheap for season tickets anymore. But I wouldn''t be surprised if the differential between season tickets and casual tickets has increased at our club!!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are saying are tickets are average price then

[quote user="T"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are saying are tickets are average price then

[/quote]

T, I have to trust these Guardian figures. But if they are generally right then Everton and Villa are also both cheaper than us this season both at the top and the bottom of the ranges, which is what I was looking at in comparison to those clubs listed in my earlier post, while Fulham, QPR, Newcastle, Man Utd and Man City all have a cheaper bottom price than us. Their top prices, of course, are way above. But only five clubs - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham - have both a higher bottom and a higher top price than us.

Given all that, I would say it is hard to work out what "average" is.
What is true, assuming the general accuracy of those Guardian figures, is that our prices are certainly not cheap by overall PL standards.

The average increase seems to be around 10%.Looks a bit steep when set against the huge wedge of cash we''ll be getting next year if we stay in the Premier League. Despite Mr McNally blatherings in the accompanying blurb about the Club''s relationship with the fans being a kind of '' co-operative '' it looks to me as though they''re still after our last penny as always......

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We fill our ground, don''t think anyone could not expect an increase. I''m going to have a pretty steep increase, U21 to Adult.... Think i''m going to have to take over payment from my Grandad, not fair him paying for my adult season ticket really.[/quote]

Think I''ve heard it all now. You mean to say you get in for nothing?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]The average increase seems to be around 10%.

Looks a bit steep when set against the huge wedge of cash we''ll be getting next year if we stay in the Premier League.

Despite Mr McNally blatherings in the accompanying blurb about the Club''s relationship with the fans being a kind of '' co-operative '' it looks to me as though they''re still after our last penny as always......
[/quote]

They will squeeze us until we are dry and every last pip has been extracted.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]The average increase seems to be around 10%.

Looks a bit steep when set against the huge wedge of cash we''ll be getting next year if we stay in the Premier League.

Despite Mr McNally blatherings in the accompanying blurb about the Club''s relationship with the fans being a kind of '' co-operative '' it looks to me as though they''re still after our last penny as always......
[/quote]

Haven''t they heard about the double-dip recession? I guess when you are "earning" several hundred thousand pounds per year, it doesn''t bother you too much.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We fill our ground, don''t think anyone could not expect an increase. I''m going to have a pretty steep increase, U21 to Adult.... Think i''m going to have to take over payment from my Grandad, not fair him paying for my adult season ticket really.[/quote]

[/quote]I can''t believe you wrote that on here, GP. Take my advice and think before you start hammering away on the keyboard.No wonder you get so much flak....

If we want top flight football and for our club to be debt free, then we must expect to pay top dollar for it without a rich benefactor helping us out. To see our club competing with some of the best players in the world without selling our soul, is worth every penny.

[quote user="lappinitup"]If we want top flight football and for our club to be debt free, then we must expect to pay top dollar for it without a rich benefactor helping us out. To see our club competing with some of the best players in the world without selling our soul, is worth every penny.
[/quote]

But would you compromise your food intake to see it?

SDP - there''s a little caveat regarding 2014-15 season ticket prices being frozen. It assuumes that NCFC remain in the Premier League and, secondly, it excludes Lounge ticket holders. The £1,000 plus Season Ticket is only a season or two away!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]I can''t believe you wrote that on here, GP. Take my advice and think before you start hammering away on the keyboard.No wonder you get so much flak....

[/quote]

Why can''t you believe I wrote that?

You have no idea how it works do you? You don''t know me or my Grandad. If you did, you''d know that he''s never wanted me to pay. I bought him and me Spurs away tickets, and despite me saying many times I didn''t want him to give me any money, I had it covered, he still gave me the money for the tickets. I offered to pay for my ST when I first got a job at 16. He said no. When I first went to U21 I offered again, he said no.

What exactly is wrong with a grandparent paying for their currently unemployed student Grandsons U21 season ticket? Like I said, now its going to be an adult ticket, i''m going to pay. In 3 months I won''t be a student anymore. There is a big difference. I''m quite shocked at yours and Webbo''s response to be honest. What horrible lives you must live where everyone in your families has to pay for everything themselves. You have no idea about my finances, my parents finances or my Grandad''s finances.

[quote user="lappinitup"]The Nelson will be the losers....only eleven pints now instead of twelve! [:''(]
[/quote]

Sorry but i must have missed your tenure at the bar. [;)]

Exactly GP.

It''s best some people just shove off about family matters. I doubt GP mugged his Grandad and told him to pay for his ticket "or else"...

[quote user="GMF"]SDP - there''s a little caveat regarding 2014-15 season ticket prices being frozen. It assuumes that NCFC remain in the Premier League and, secondly, it excludes Lounge ticket holders. The £1,000 plus Season Ticket is only a season or two away![/quote]Quite.Norwich''s bad run of results could not have come at a worse time for NCFC''s marketing team. It''s a

reminder that the potential for relegation is very much still there. £530 to

watch Championship football would be painful for fans.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]The Nelson will be the losers....only eleven pints now instead of twelve! [:''(][/quote]

Sorry but i must have missed your tenure at the bar. [;)][/quote]

I''m a secret drinker. I hide them under the table in the corner. My grandson fetches them! [:$]

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]If we want top flight football and for our club to be debt free, then we must expect to pay top dollar for it without a rich benefactor helping us out. To see our club competing with some of the best players in the world without selling our soul, is worth every penny.[/quote]

But would you compromise your food intake to see it?[/quote]

Of course not, but savings can be made elswhere, like haircuts or the wife''s bingo and so on....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]If we want top flight football and for our club to be debt free, then we must expect to pay top dollar for it without a rich benefactor helping us out. To see our club competing with some of the best players in the world without selling our soul, is worth every penny.
[/quote]

But would you compromise your food intake to see it?[/quote]

Of course not, but savings can be made elswhere, like haircuts or the wife''s bingo and so on....

[/quote]

Good thinking! But I''m bald and the wife hates bingo. Next?

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Why can''t you believe I wrote that?

You have no idea how it works do you? You don''t know me or my Grandad. If you did, you''d know that he''s never wanted me to pay. I bought him and me Spurs away tickets, and despite me saying many times I didn''t want him to give me any money, I had it covered, he still gave me the money for the tickets. I offered to pay for my ST when I first got a job at 16. He said no. When I first went to U21 I offered again, he said no.

What exactly is wrong with a grandparent paying for their currently unemployed student Grandsons U21 season ticket? Like I said, now its going to be an adult ticket, i''m going to pay. In 3 months I won''t be a student anymore. There is a big difference. I''m quite shocked at yours and Webbo''s response to be honest. What horrible lives you must live where everyone in your families has to pay for everything themselves. You have no idea about my finances, my parents finances or my Grandad''s finances.[/quote]Why are you shocked ? I''m afraid it''s you who doesn''t know how it works, at least how it works on the '' Pink -Un '' messageboard.Your rant tells me you''ve completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick here GP. I''m not the least bit interested in anyone''s finances/ circumstances and it''s nice for you that you have a relative who buys your ticket. I don''t know why you think I live a miserable existence where I expect everyone to pay everything themslves? I buy tickets for my sons sometimes - and a lot else besides -and I expect they appreciate it too.The point I was trying to make is that not so long ago you left this site in a dramatic ( short ) farewell because you were fed up with people always having a go at you. I said at the time that you often laid yourself wide open by things you said on here which is exactly what you''ve done now by telling everyone that you''ve been getting into matches on a freebie!!. Just by saying that you''ve invited yet more ridicule. I''m sure others on here get their season tickets paid for but they''re sensible enough to keep it to themselves. In view of your previous problems on here wouldn''t that have been best ?It was just a word to the wise, that''s all....