Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

NOT Moaning and Criticising is a Small Club Mentality!

So, Charlie Wyett, who probably gets into games for free, is criticising Norwich supporters for moaning.

Radio Norfolk is doing the same.

If Liverpool had lost 5-0 to anyone with a performance like that they would be spitting feathers, the same as any other self-respecting set of fans. But not us......

Boo or show dissent at Carrow Road and we are soon shot down, why?

The money fans pay entitles them to complain and show dissent. I referred to the malleable Norwich mentality on another thread as to why we roll over and keep turning up however much the price goes up. We can show dissent all we like and should be less tolerant.

We came into this season unprepared. We have a collection of League 1/Championship strikers on Premiership wages and to make it worse we are not playing to the strengths they have.

Ricardo, in hindsight, summed it up today when conceding the first goal inevitably led to defeat with no plan B.

Expecting our supporters to be humble and not show dissent is the mentality of a small club.

Well Holt is a Premiership striker on Premiership wages. The other''s at worst are Championship strikers on Championship wages. The money we are talking about paying Hooper would be average wage at most Premiership clubs, for us it would make him the highest paid.

Ricardo, in hindsight, summed it up today when conceding the first goal inevitably led to defeat with no plan B.

We have not won a game once we have gone behind since Hughton took over and Ricardos analysis that the game was lost when we went 1-0 down was the gut feeling that proves this.

Todays performance was dire and comes on the back of an equally poor one last week to a team equally lacking in confidence and who lost to reading today. if the performances are not good enough shoud we just accept them??

I dont subscrbe to the lemming view that we will get relegated as a result - but do agree that the 3 league games have been woeful and we must improve

I agree.

Earlier in the season I have been bemused by some fans attitudes towards our players. Not bad attitudes, but extremely positive ones. It was like you can''t say a single bad word against any of our players because we beat Arsenal and Man.U.

There is of course a tendency to expect too much. But i''ve said before, a lot of what i''ve said in my opinion, has been based on what our players have done in the past. Moaning about Pilkington not being that effective, because we know he can play very very well. Holt not scoring when we know he can score a fair few. Hoolahan not scoring or directly assisting many when we know he can, Snoddy putting in poor balls when other times he puts in quality.

We should be, and are allowed to moan and complain. Within reason of course. I think when Radio Norfolk and Wyett, without having listened to exactly what they said saying fans shouldn''t moan are probably more referencing the over the top moaners.

Today was poor, last week was poor, West Ham was poor. Those three games, all winnable (Liverpool were only 5 points above us before today...) after losing three more understandably (WBA, well our run had to come to an end sometime, and Chelsea and Man.C, big shock) is just not good enough. And the worst part is, even if you ignore the results completely, is the performances in the last three league matches. Bar the odd spell (and we''re talking 10/15 mins tops in each game) we''ve just not looked like we''re a Premiership side, not looked like we''ve wanted it enough, and Hughton has not looked like he really knows what to do about it.

I think we can and will turn it around, but there is definitely reason to moan, complain and even worry.

I remember us sleepwalking into relegation under Chase.

I remember Blackpool hitting the skids.

No point in sitting on your hands because you''re afraid of being accused of panicking. Panicking is a confused stress reaction, I''m talking about seeing what is in front of you and acting positively.

I saw too little fight and belief in our players today which somehow reflected the obsequious comments of their manager towards the opposition. If you believe the opposition are better than you then you have lost before the whistle blows.

I saw players sacrificed on the altar of played out of position. I saw no-one getting into the hole to receive the ball from wide.

I saw players like Holt, hung out to dry by no service because the wide players only crossing options were to win fouls out wide then cross at free kicks.

I saw a defence set too deep for fear of Suarez''s pace and a disconnect to the forward players.

I saw a team who look to me they have lost faith in their coaches.

This is without the bigger picture of failing to set up a decent squad for the season or make better use of what was here. We have burnt out our best players and underplayed squad players so they are never on pace.

It''s a lash up. You don''t need to buy £10 million players. It is a team game and you need to blend a team with team spirit, confidence and belief.

Excellent post GP[Y]

Realsistic criticism and moaning. Putting your point across in a way that will make others maybe re-think their own. The mark of a big club.

Mindless moaning and criticisng week in week out is the mark of a too big for their boots club. Wolves immediately spring to mind.

I''ve never been one to keep my temper when we''re treated to such platters of sh*t - and rightly so! I buy Norwich merchandise, I buy the tickets to games when I can... we as fans are what keep this club competing, we are the life blood... and we should let that be known in no uncertain terms.

BOOOO, F*CKIN'' BOOOOO...

Have you forgotten we were playing Liverpool today so we should NOT expect anything should we? Oh s*d that I am with you, we have every right to moan, we pay good money!!

I understand that people have a right to moan or keep quiet, I am more concerned that some people are prepared to rollover and take these inept performances with such negativity from a manager hell bent on being so negative.

I''m not sure that the players have bought into CH negative tactics anymore and confidence is at rock bottom!

As usual when there''s disappointment in results we see attempts to divide fans into groups. Mindless moaning is as bad as mindless heads in the sand. Ginger Pele set a standard on this thread that none of you moaners can aspire to. Wiz''s "F*ck off Hughton" post of yesterday being the most mindless so far from any point of view.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

As usual when there''s disappointment in results we see attempts to divide fans into groups. Mindless moaning is as bad as mindless heads in the sand. Ginger Pele set a standard on this thread that none of you moaners can aspire to. Wiz''s "F*ck off Hughton" post of yesterday being the most mindless so far from any point of view.

[/quote]

I still stand by that, he''ll relegate us......ergo..........he can FO!

[quote user="Wiz"]

And if you moan the ''head in the sand'' brigade call us trolls.

So be it![:|]

[/quote]

And if you don''t moan you are apparently a member of the "head in the sand" brigade. What about those of us who would rather have independent thinking than seek to align with others? What is the attraction of the herd to you Wiz?

Yesterday was poor. I was there to see it and have no hesitation in saying that it represented a step backwards. However, I did not see it as taking us to the edge of a precipice. I believe that we can and will return to the positives of October and November but that we have too many players who have dipped in form at the same time.

Panicking will get us nowhere and neither will complacency.

RP

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I still stand by that, he''ll relegate us......ergo..........he can FO!

[/quote]

And that''s a big club mentality isn''t it Wiz...

My support for the club will never be in question, but organisation, fitness, courage and commitment are prerequisites if those employed by the club want to avoid any criticism from me. Yesterday''s performance deserves to be criticised.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]We pay good money for football these days.

Everybody has a right to moan.
[/quote]

Indeed they do. They even have the right to moan mindlessly. But why is mindless moaning a big club mentality?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]We pay good money for football these days.Everybody has a right to moan.[/quote]

Indeed they do. They even have the right to moan mindlessly. But why is mindless moaning a big club mentality?

[/quote]I dont think many people have been moaning mindlessly. At least I didnt hear many people moaning mindlessly at Anfield yesterday..

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]We pay good money for football these days.

Everybody has a right to moan.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont think many people have been moaning mindlessly. At least I didnt hear many people moaning mindlessly at Anfield yesterday..
[/quote]

There''s been plenty of mindless moaning on this board together with another attempt to split the fans. You don''t think posting "f*ck off Hughton" is mindless then?

[quote user="Robert Parsons"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote] And if you don''t moan you are apparently a member of the "head in the sand" brigade. What about those of us who would rather have independent thinking than seek to align with others? What is the attraction of the herd to you Wiz? Yesterday was poor. I was there to see it and have no hesitation in saying that it represented a step backwards. However, I did not see it as taking us to the edge of a precipice. I believe that we can and will return to the positives of October and November but that we have too many players who have dipped in form at the same time. Panicking will get us nowhere and neither will complacency. RP[/quote]

Robert, I have been accused of a great number of things on here over the years...running with the herd was never, ever, one of them.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]You will be flattered to know I have been keeping a record of your outlandish flip-flopping for when you next tried to start some kind of anti-Hughton crusade.Let''s look at your record on Hughton this season, shall we?All quotes are from this forum and are traceable by time and date.--------Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:56 PM:From Saturday, CH will have all my support as the new campaign begins, if God forbid we lose, Saturday night on here will not see me ranting, I suggest some of my detractors will behave somewhat different!Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:01 AM:Hughton is a coward! Effectivly telling OUR players they''re not good enough and you don''t attack at places like Fulham, Fulham ffs!These are the actions and words of a coward, and we need a brave strong leader with a backbone...........and gagging the players will work wonders for their morale..........and there goes the dressing room.MacNally needs to dump the 3 stooges quicker than a hot brick or face yet more, and even worse, humiliationWiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 15 2012 6:58 PM:The trouble is BB, Hoots has worked miracles with our sieve of a defence, give him time and he''ll get the attack sorted too. So shall we give him some time?Wiz wrote the following post at Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:18 AM:Grant Holts 3 year contract wrote:There''s also something about Hughton that leads me to think he''ll do very well for us. Just what I was thinking last night, he has an aura about him which demands respect. And 40,000 geordies plus 20,000 blue noses can''t all be wrong can they?Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:03 PM:Even if we''re relegated I''d be tempted to keep him, the guy just oozes class imo.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 06 2012 6:47 PM:Hang on in there mate, we played some nice stuff against a top European side today and if the worse comes to the worse, most Chumps side would settle for Houghton as their boss.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 20 2012 10:47 AM:The man is a clown.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:07 AM:I was wrong on Hughton, hands up, totally wrong, he was magnificent yesterday and dominated Wenger all through the 90 minutes. His team selection was bold and cunning, the players also responded well to his demands.Now on to Villa, the real acid test for me, I somehow feel he might just pass it.I won''t however apologise for passing an opinion, they were just that, an opinion, based on the relevant results at that time..........although I do apologise to Mr Hughton and indeed, this message board for the manner in which I delivered them.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:14 AM:The pro Hughton banner is easy, regardless of what I think, win or loose at Villa, he''ll still be here tomorrow, so why not back him? especially with the Villa game coming up.Wiz adopted a Chris Hughton avatar from Sun, Oct 28.Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!We''ve struck gold. ....again.At some point in December, the Hughton avatar and signature graphics were removed.Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Jan 01 2013 6:13 PM:“  Yellow Shirt wrote:The manager is an idiot.I look forward to his departure.” I wouldn''t go quite that far....but............

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:24PM:We look like a relegated club already.F*ck off Hughton and take your other two clowns with you.........no plan B again.

----------Did your medication run out again?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

You will be flattered to know I have been keeping a record of your outlandish flip-flopping for when you next tried to start some kind of anti-Hughton crusade.

Let''s look at your record on Hughton this season, shall we?

All quotes are from this forum and are traceable by time and date.

--------

Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:56 PM:
From Saturday, CH will have all my support as the new campaign begins, if God forbid we lose, Saturday night on here will not see me ranting, I suggest some of my detractors will behave somewhat different!

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:01 AM:
Hughton is a coward! Effectivly telling OUR players they''re not good enough and you don''t attack at places like Fulham, Fulham ffs!
These are the actions and words of a coward, and we need a brave strong leader with a backbone...........and gagging the players will work wonders for their morale..........and there goes the dressing room.
MacNally needs to dump the 3 stooges quicker than a hot brick or face yet more, and even worse, humiliation

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 15 2012 6:58 PM:
The trouble is BB, Hoots has worked miracles with our sieve of a defence, give him time and he''ll get the attack sorted too.
So shall we give him some time?

Wiz wrote the following post at Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:18 AM:
Grant Holts 3 year contract wrote:
There''s also something about Hughton that leads me to think he''ll do very well for us.

Just what I was thinking last night, he has an aura about him which demands respect.
 And 40,000 geordies plus 20,000 blue noses can''t all be wrong can they?

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:03 PM:
Even if we''re relegated I''d be tempted to keep him, the guy just oozes class imo.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 06 2012 6:47 PM:
Hang on in there mate, we played some nice stuff against a top European side today and if the worse comes to the worse, most Chumps side would settle for Houghton as their boss.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 20 2012 10:47 AM:
The man is a clown.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:07 AM:
I was wrong on Hughton, hands up, totally wrong, he was magnificent yesterday and dominated Wenger all through the 90 minutes. His team selection was bold and cunning, the players also responded well to his demands.
Now on to Villa, the real acid test for me, I somehow feel he might just pass it.
I won''t however apologise for passing an opinion, they were just that, an opinion, based on the relevant results at that time..........although I do apologise to Mr Hughton and indeed, this message board for the manner in which I delivered them.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:14 AM:
The pro Hughton banner is easy, regardless of what I think, win or loose at Villa, he''ll still be here tomorrow, so why not back him? especially with the Villa game coming up.

Wiz adopted a Chris Hughton avatar from Sun, Oct 28.

Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:
Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.
I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!
We''ve struck gold. ....again.

At some point in December, the Hughton avatar and signature graphics were removed.

Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Jan 01 2013 6:13 PM:

“  Yellow Shirt wrote:
The manager is an idiot.
I look forward to his departure.”

I wouldn''t go quite that far....but............

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:24PM:
We look like a relegated club already.
F*ck off Hughton and take your other two clowns with you.........no plan B again.

----------

Did your medication run out again?

[/quote]

I''m impressed.........I don''t actually care...............but I am impressed![|-)]

Up until yesterday we had played 24 league games at Anfield winning on only 4 occasions and sharing the points another 5 times. In the light of those stats and the respective form of the teams I wasn''t expecting much from the match. The longer we were able to keep it at 0-0 the higher our chances would become so when we conceded twice in the first half it was pretty obvious that the game was done and dusted. My only concern thereafter was that we would not do any further damage to our goal difference. Unfortunately that proved to be more of a hope than an expectation.Our defence had tightened up considerably after our miserable start to the season and Sebastian Bassong is obviously a key factor in that. With him playing we had a bit of a chance but without him a Liverpool win was always on the cards. We set our stall out not to concede early because if you can stay in the game until the final quarter you always have a chance of nicking something. This strategy worked well against Arsenal and Man U and of course with us scoring the first goal in those games it made things much easier. The formation that Chris Hughton uses works like a dream in those circumstances but when we go a goal down it seems to me to be pointless to plough along hoping for a bit of luck but not changing our approach. Perhaps we were spoiled by Paul Lambert because almost every time he went for it by changing formations or going three at the back it seemed to come off. Admittedly its not working for him at Villa but at least you used to feel that there was a plan B if things started to go wrong. Sadly I don''t get this feeling with the present set up. If we go one up I feel we can get something from any team in this leauge. If we go one down it becomes almost certain that we can kiss our ar$e$ goodbye.We need another striker but IMO we could still do with another quality defender and midfielder and maybe further experienced goalkeeper cover. If yesterday shew us anything it was that when key personnel are absent we tend to look very weak

[quote user="Wiz"] 

I''m impressed.........I don''t actually care...............but I am impressed![|-)]

[/quote]Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:03 PM:Even if we''re relegated I''d be tempted to keep him, the guy just oozes class imo.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Well Holt is a Premiership striker on Premiership wages. The other''s at worst are Championship strikers on Championship wages. The money we are talking about paying Hooper would be average wage at most Premiership clubs, for us it would make him the highest paid.[/quote]Holt a Premiership striker...dream on Bullwinkle. If he was he would have a lot more than four goals this season and please don''t go on about this so called ''New System''.

Rudolph Hucker''s earlier post on this thread was a very good summation of our current situation. I''ve seen some poor performances away from home over the years and that one was up there with the best of them. I didn''t expect anything from the game but the manner of the capitulation was very disappointing. Following our recent displays, in particular, against Newcastle and west ham, the trend is worrying.

I think QPR will beat us comfortably. In my opinion, Harry will have the players more motivated and more positive than our team. They''ll get a goal and that''s game over. Fulham then becomes a real six pointer. Lose that and our odds with Ladbrokes for the drop will considerably shorten.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

You will be flattered to know I have been keeping a record of your outlandish flip-flopping for when you next tried to start some kind of anti-Hughton crusade.

Let''s look at your record on Hughton this season, shall we?

All quotes are from this forum and are traceable by time and date.

--------

Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:56 PM:
From Saturday, CH will have all my support as the new campaign begins, if God forbid we lose, Saturday night on here will not see me ranting, I suggest some of my detractors will behave somewhat different!

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:01 AM:
Hughton is a coward! Effectivly telling OUR players they''re not good enough and you don''t attack at places like Fulham, Fulham ffs!
These are the actions and words of a coward, and we need a brave strong leader with a backbone...........and gagging the players will work wonders for their morale..........and there goes the dressing room.
MacNally needs to dump the 3 stooges quicker than a hot brick or face yet more, and even worse, humiliation

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 15 2012 6:58 PM:
The trouble is BB, Hoots has worked miracles with our sieve of a defence, give him time and he''ll get the attack sorted too.
So shall we give him some time?

Wiz wrote the following post at Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:18 AM:
Grant Holts 3 year contract wrote:
There''s also something about Hughton that leads me to think he''ll do very well for us.

Just what I was thinking last night, he has an aura about him which demands respect.
 And 40,000 geordies plus 20,000 blue noses can''t all be wrong can they?

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:03 PM:
Even if we''re relegated I''d be tempted to keep him, the guy just oozes class imo.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 06 2012 6:47 PM:
Hang on in there mate, we played some nice stuff against a top European side today and if the worse comes to the worse, most Chumps side would settle for Houghton as their boss.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 20 2012 10:47 AM:
The man is a clown.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:07 AM:
I was wrong on Hughton, hands up, totally wrong, he was magnificent yesterday and dominated Wenger all through the 90 minutes. His team selection was bold and cunning, the players also responded well to his demands.
Now on to Villa, the real acid test for me, I somehow feel he might just pass it.
I won''t however apologise for passing an opinion, they were just that, an opinion, based on the relevant results at that time..........although I do apologise to Mr Hughton and indeed, this message board for the manner in which I delivered them.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:14 AM:
The pro Hughton banner is easy, regardless of what I think, win or loose at Villa, he''ll still be here tomorrow, so why not back him? especially with the Villa game coming up.

Wiz adopted a Chris Hughton avatar from Sun, Oct 28.

Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:
Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.
I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!
We''ve struck gold. ....again.

At some point in December, the Hughton avatar and signature graphics were removed.

Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Jan 01 2013 6:13 PM:

“  Yellow Shirt wrote:
The manager is an idiot.
I look forward to his departure.”

I wouldn''t go quite that far....but............

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:24PM:
We look like a relegated club already.
F*ck off Hughton and take your other two clowns with you.........no plan B again.

----------

Did your medication run out again?

[/quote]

[/quote]

And so you should be.

Everyone expects us to lose games. It is inevitable. The supporters travelling to our away games put in a lot of time and effort and spend much hard-earned money. We do not expect to have the best or most skilful players. What we do expect, however, is 100% commitment and effort from the first to the last whistle. A desire to play and die for the shirt. This was certainly not evident yesterday. The impression was let''s turn up, fulfil the fixture, go through the motions and get out of there. We will still trouser our £20 or £30K per week so what''s the problem? It was just not good enough. In future, it is right to expect far, far more.

Take one player as an example. Whatever his ability Elliott Bennett is a good pro and a trier. He doesn''t rock the boat, in fact he is very supportive to the squad despite being frozen out. He would have relished his chance yesterday and given his all but.......

Imagine being a predominantly right footed player who''s prime asset is pace to go around people an being played on he left with no 40 yard balls to run onto. He like others must have been frustrated to hell.

The last square pegs in round holes manager who did such daft things to the incredulity of fans: Glenn Roeder!