Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Saturday 5th January - VERY interesting.....

So we are playing at Peterborough on Sat 5th Jan with 5000 tickets sold. From the sound of it most fans like myself and my mates are going by train. The S C U M are playing at Villa and are taking 4000 and you''ve guessed it there train to Birmingham changes at PETERBOROUGH!!!

What a co-incidence!!!

And the Scummer Express will arrive in Peterborough about 3 hours before the Norwich fans as it''s still a long while to Birmingham from Peterborough.Of course if you wanted to be there three hours early to wave at the ten "Binners on Tour" then that''s your business.

Mr Chops,

Your avatar looks like Richard Bucket from Keeping up appearances.

LDC might take offence at all these avatar changes! ;)

[quote user="he likes paella "]Don''t worry mister chops I''m not talking about the fans like you with their flasks and wind up radio, plenty I know will be in Peterborough early to find a pub[/quote]Well you won''t find one on the train station platform.

[quote user="he likes paella "]Don''t worry mister chops I''m not talking about the fans like you with their flasks and wind up radio, plenty I know will be in Peterborough early to find a pub[/quote]

Charters, the bare on the river, is your best option. Quality ales and five minutes from the ground. Home and away supporters mix happily.

[quote user="fonejacker"][quote user="he likes paella "]Don''t worry mister chops I''m not talking about the fans like you with their flasks and wind up radio, plenty I know will be in Peterborough early to find a pub[/quote]

Charters, the bare on the river, is your best option. Quality ales and five minutes from the ground. Home and away supporters mix happily.[/quote]Some Posh fans recommended Charters, the converted Dutch barge on the river and also The Cherry Tree in Oundle Road, also about 5 mins from the ground.

It''ll be an all-day nostalgia fest this will...Old style football special type jam packed journey there and back, heaving terrace, c*ap view, three day queue at the burger bar, concrete latrine ( if you have the will to find it ), thousands of fans everywhere, pubs swimming in beer, sore throat on Sunday.Enjoy it while you can.......there won''t be many opportunities like this again !!

[quote user="paul moy"]Yes, Charters is a very nice bar with a good selection of real ales, Lord Horn.  [/quote]The food doesn''t look too bad either.  Any info about the quality of the barmaids Paul???? Cue PC brigade.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]It''ll be an all-day nostalgia fest this will...

Old style football special type jam packed journey there and back, heaving terrace, c*ap view, three day queue at the burger bar, concrete latrine ( if you have the will to find it ), thousands of fans everywhere, pubs swimming in beer, sore throat on Sunday.

Enjoy it while you can.......there won''t be many opportunities like this again !!
[/quote]

Well now Smithy i thought you made the most of the opportunities every week to drink when you are not even thirsty [<:o)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]It''ll be an all-day nostalgia fest this will...Old style football special type jam packed journey there and back, heaving terrace, c*ap view, three day queue at the burger bar, concrete latrine ( if you have the will to find it ), thousands of fans everywhere, pubs swimming in beer, sore throat on Sunday.Enjoy it while you can.......there won''t be many opportunities like this again !![/quote]

Well now Smithy i thought you made the most of the opportunities every week to drink when you are not even thirsty [<:o)]

[/quote]Tilly, I have been known to partake of the odd pint of ale but that aside this''ll be like those good ol'' days when footballers cycled in or paid thruppence on the bus..... threaded leather balls.......horsehair shirts......three quarter length shorts.....black boots....heads smothered in Brylcreem.....just a hearty handshake for the goalscorer.I think they should bring back heavy rope goal nets and square posts.....corner flags that fall over..... just for the day too.These modern nancy-boy players on telephone numbers have it far too easy.......

take away the music and watch the confusion amongst the happy clappies

Being a former Long distance HGV driver can anyone suggest a good reason Why the coaches leave Carrow road at 10-45 am when the whole trip is no longer than around 90 minutes or do we go via Derby 

[quote user="pete_norw"]Being a former Long distance HGV driver can anyone suggest a good reason Why the coaches leave Carrow road at 10-45 am when the whole trip is no longer than around 90 minutes or do we go via Derby [/quote]So we can all get p*ssed.A good enough reason in most peoples book [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="pete_norw"]Being a former Long distance HGV driver can anyone suggest a good reason Why the coaches leave Carrow road at 10-45 am when the whole trip is no longer than around 90 minutes or do we go via Derby [/quote]

So we can all get p*ssed.

A good enough reason in most peoples book [:D]
[/quote]

Well thats ok then, A perfectly good reason to set out early, just hope my Mrs never looks at pinkun, she might twig as to why I leave at 10am for a home match LOL 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="pete_norw"]Being a former Long distance HGV driver can anyone suggest a good reason Why the coaches leave Carrow road at 10-45 am when the whole trip is no longer than around 90 minutes or do we go via Derby [/quote]

So we can all get p*ssed.

A good enough reason in most peoples book [:D]
[/quote]

My sentiments entirely.........hic.......[B][B][B]

They just said on Anglia News that Tahn have only taken up 2900 tickets instead of the 6000 they could have had.The reason of course is that they are afraid of being left with piles of unsold tickets,which they would then have to pay for....and the fact that Scummers average away support this season is...........................650![:D]

its only interesting for us old school casuals who like to organise a meet before the game and sort out whats what... most of these happy clapping scarfies won''t have a clue what you are getting at... i am already in contact with there top boy and the calling cards are ordered from the printers..

" congratulations you have just met club canary"

Videogram footage from the 60s and before suggests that happy clapping scarfies pre-date your old school casuals by many decades!

It is, of course, less likely that they *predate* them.

Incidentally I''ve already slaughtered the entire populace of Peterborough and surrounds with wicked knives and a great big boomerang in advance of the match, so sorry to spoil your fun, Spartacus.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Videogram footage from the 60s and before suggests that happy clapping scarfies pre-date your old school casuals by many decades!

It is, of course, less likely that they *predate* them.

Incidentally I''ve already slaughtered the entire populace of Peterborough and surrounds with wicked knives and a great big boomerang in advance of the match, so sorry to spoil your fun, Spartacus.[/quote]Well that''s great that is....£18 up the swanee.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="GenerationA47"]Videogram footage from the 60s and before suggests that happy clapping scarfies pre-date your old school casuals by many decades! It is, of course, less likely that they *predate* them. Incidentally I''ve already slaughtered the entire populace of Peterborough and surrounds with wicked knives and a great big boomerang in advance of the match, so sorry to spoil your fun, Spartacus.[/quote]

Well that''s great that is....

£18 up the swanee.
[/quote]

Apparently some residents took shelter in local public houses while this slaughter took place so good to see you survived Graham [:P][;)]

never mind the populace of peterborough there firm is two bob anyway... me and my boys will be waiting for the binmen at the platform  all arranged sorry til your not invited once old bill always old bill you''d stick out like a sore thumb, and i ain''t avin no one mug me off ...