Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Has Delia got lazy now we are in the Premiership??

What has happened to this UK''s best selling female chef. I remember the days when we were in need of some extra cash and Delia would go out and write another book, or get a new tv series. Ever since we have reached the promised lands i have heard very little about our great lady and her cookery books. When was the last time she actually released a book or had a tv show?

Has Delia hung up her apron now we are financially secure, wouldn''t every little extra bit of funding help? Or does the great lady deserve to retire and enjoy the dividends she receives from her shares? (out of curiosity does anyone know what dividends were paid out to shareholders last season)

[quote user="priceyrice"]What has happened to this UK''s best selling female chef. I remember the days when we were in need of some extra cash and Delia would go out and write another book, or get a new tv series. Ever since we have reached the promised lands i have heard very little about our great lady and her cookery books. When was the last time she actually released a book or had a tv show? Has Delia hung up her apron now we are financially secure, wouldn''t every little extra bit of funding help? Or does the great lady deserve to retire and enjoy the dividends she receives from her shares? (out of curiosity does anyone know what dividends were paid out to shareholders last season)[/quote]

Well now Pricey, I''m going to have one helluva good Christmas on the dividends from my shares.....

Oh....

[:''(]

Did you notice how much she was mentioned yesterday in the Front Row Marketing Services press release. This can only mean thatt he real reason for the partnership is that Delia is about to enter the American market, pretty soon there will be ''Delia cooks America'' featuring Grits with Creme Frais, Roadkill & Hummus plus the favourite USA dish Corndogs with Pesto.

I think she''s on TV this week - saw her mentioned in a trailer last night with Jamie Oliver. Don''t know what it''s called or which Channel - C4 maybe.

\she is getting on a bit and deserves to retire in my eyes, however christmas doesn''t really feel the same without having a Delia cookbook to buy as a present for someone! Judging by Smith Sr there are still plenty of years left in our lady yet though, you do have to wonder when and who she will sell her shares too, think i am right in saying she has no children, only a nephew?

Nutty, have the shareholders never received a dividend at all? What are they valued at these days?

[quote user="priceyrice"]\she is getting on a bit and deserves to retire in my eyes, however christmas doesn''t really feel the same without having a Delia cookbook to buy as a present for someone! Judging by Smith Sr there are still plenty of years left in our lady yet though, you do have to wonder when and who she will sell her shares too, think i am right in saying she has no children, only a nephew? Nutty, have the shareholders never received a dividend at all? What are they valued at these days?[/quote]

Ordinary shares do not pay a dividend.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="priceyrice"]\she is getting on a bit and deserves to retire in my eyes, however christmas doesn''t really feel the same without having a Delia cookbook to buy as a present for someone! Judging by Smith Sr there are still plenty of years left in our lady yet though, you do have to wonder when and who she will sell her shares too, think i am right in saying she has no children, only a nephew? Nutty, have the shareholders never received a dividend at all? What are they valued at these days?[/quote]

[/quote]

Till i believe dividends, if any, are normally available after dividends on preferred shares are paid, is that correct? I assume the club reinvests most of the money into the football side anyway and see no need to pay out dividends to those with ordinary shares. Have any dividends been paid to those with preferential shares, such as Delia and Co.

There''s never any dividends paid on ordinary shares Pricey. I''ve had mine for over 30 years and never received a thing. The last I heard was that the ordinary shares were worth £100 each but this is just a nominal value. However if you are tempted at that price Pricey I''ve got 25 we could talk about[:-*]

There are dividends paid on Preference Shares, don''t have any so don''t know what''s paid. I think Delia has some but I very much doubt she takes a divi! In fact I''m pretty sure she has taken nothing in all the years. I believe it''s been a oneway street from her purse to the club. Of course the keyboard warriors on here have tried to prove different. In fact posters like Tangie, The Butler and their ilk have tried to prove she has even lied about her investnents.

I think she has always had and always will have altruistic motives. I doubt she''ll ever walk away with her money back in her purse. That concept is so alien to some that they refuse to believe anyone could genuinely behave in such a way.

Delia is not past it at all.   She does not have to retire - why should she?   She is one of the main reasons why we are one of the best run clubs in the country, currently 8th in the top league.   I hope she stays as one of the mainstays of the club for many years.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Till i believe dividends, if any, are normally available after dividends on preferred shares are paid, is that correct? I assume the club reinvests most of the money into the football side anyway and see no need to pay out dividends to those with ordinary shares. Have any dividends been paid to those with preferential shares, such as Delia and Co.[/quote]

Preference B shares which i believe are what you are talking about Pricey have not had a dividend payout now for some 3 years. 

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Till i believe dividends, if any, are normally available after dividends on preferred shares are paid, is that correct? I assume the club reinvests most of the money into the football side anyway and see no need to pay out dividends to those with ordinary shares. Have any dividends been paid to those with preferential shares, such as Delia and Co.[/quote]

Preference B shares which i believe are what you are talking about Pricey have not had a dividend payout now for some 3 years. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There''s never any dividends paid on ordinary shares Pricey. I''ve had mine for over 30 years and never received a thing. The last I heard was that the ordinary shares were worth £100 each but this is just a nominal value. However if you are tempted at that price Pricey I''ve got 25 we could talk about[:-*]

There are dividends paid on Preference Shares, don''t have any so don''t know what''s paid. I think Delia has some but I very much doubt she takes a divi! In fact I''m pretty sure she has taken nothing in all the years. I believe it''s been a oneway street from her purse to the club. Of course the keyboard warriors on here have tried to prove different. In fact posters like Tangie, The Butler and their ilk have tried to prove she has even lied about her investnents.

I think she has always had and always will have altruistic motives. I doubt she''ll ever walk away with her money back in her purse. That concept is so alien to some that they refuse to believe anyone could genuinely behave in such a way.

[/quote]Ahh, but is there a mortgage on her Doll''s House?[;)]And if so, did she use Watling''s wallet to pay it off?[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

None of the directors owns any A preference shares. Smith and Jones jointly own 3,025 B preference shares; Foulger has 4,400. None of the other directors has any.

No IMO. She is enjoying the fruits of her labours gained from the investement she''s made in the club from all her previous books and tv shows. Even if she''s not produced a new book, there''s still the royalties coming in from the many books still available.

She''s entitled to enjoy the PL the same as the rest of us. Let''s remember without all those books and tv shows we might be here today.

Thankyou Delia

Delia is currently getting huge worldwide visibility from  lingering shots with accompanying background comments in every one of our Premier League matches.

As we become more successful in this league curiosity about our ''celebrity owner'' will grow exponentially - especially as she is a successful woman in what is still substantially a man''s world.  

Add to that the facts that we are becoming ''successful underdogs'' and are the only club in the prem with a  black manager who also happens to be secure, successful and respected, then the marketing and investment potentials arising from this worldwide profile could be enormous if correctly handled. Hence the link with Front Row.

I wonder if someone has been reviewing and updating that Deloitte report....

OTBC

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

No IMO. She is enjoying the fruits of her labours gained from the investement she''s made in the club from all her previous books and tv shows. Even if she''s not produced a new book, there''s still the royalties coming in from the many books still available.

She''s entitled to enjoy the PL the same as the rest of us. Let''s remember without all those books and tv shows we might be here today.

Thankyou Delia

[/quote]

+1

Its easy to spend other peoples money.

The simple fact is nothing short of spending hundreds of millions of pounds will improve our current position and confirm top 6 year on year.

Why would a gulf investor or Russian buy Norwich....its just not that flash to his mates (or close enough to West London) you might get a Reading scenario but even their not setting the world on fire.

I look at Bassong and i think to myself there is a defender who is worth his 30-40k a week to us....and I assume he is on that = money where mouth is.

Unless a local lad makes a billion I dont think we can have better owners, better to be sensible.