Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Cup Tickets Going fast

I got 3 a few days ago as we had 3 season tickets between us. They went on general sale today and i managed to get 2 more for friends and family but was over half an hour on the phone starting in the queue at place 46 so they seem to be in demand this time

Much easier to buy them online, got mine in a couple of minutes half and hour ago.Will involve a round trip from Sheffield to Norwich time off work petrol etc, but the cheaper ticket prices compensate a bit.And...its villa!

[quote user="Mike hunt"]

Ah the plastic army is out in full force. I wonder where they were against Doncaster!!

[/quote]

Its Mungos mate Tarquin...

[quote user="Mike hunt"]

Ah the plastic army is out in full force. I wonder where they were against Doncaster!!

How''s cousin Mungo doing???

[/quote]

[quote user="Mike hunt"]

[/quote]

Bit of a childish remark, Did you follow the boys down to lg1 keep your S/T  going didn''t take the rebate, I know loads who did  many can''t make  cup matches due to work commitments.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well we were there against Scunthorpe let alone Doncaster and Spurs, but why open that debate again, people go to the games they want and can attend for whatever reason[/quote]

Discussion closed [Y]

I''m suprised a d1ckhead like you can watch any games, your balls must hang infront of your eyes or does Mummy come and hold them up for you?

[quote user="Harry"]I''m suprised a d1ckhead like you can watch any games, your balls must hang infront of your eyes or does Mummy come and hold them up for you? [/quote]

How dare you talk to my brother like that.  If you must know its me that holds his balls up........................

[quote user="Mike hunt"]

[/quote]Says the guy who obviously didn''t go to MK Dons at home last season...

I''ve been to many exceptionally unglamourous Norwich fixtures in the past, Walsall away on Tue. evening, Jan 26th being exceptionally dull, so will tell anyone who calls me a plastic fan to go & poke it. Besides, who are they to call anyone that?Are the people who went & watched the Olympics in London plastic athletics fans? What a load of squit.

To be fair... I think mungo has a point.... Where were these fans when it was a cold wet night against donny and spurs? Yet suddenly against villa we will no doubt have a full house!! And you can''t say it''s down to the massive five pounds difference in cost either!

They were at home because they didn''t want to go?

First off let me say I went. To all three cup games so far this season, will hopefully make it to Villa. And have been to every home cup game I can remember since I started attending games over 12 years ago.

But the last few years, in fact pretty much the last 12 years and I believe before that we have been rubbish in the cup. Even the first two rounds this season, boring games, not great performances. I actually felt disappointed after the Donny game, can''t remember ever feeling disappointed after a Norwich win before, but it was just dull and seemed a bit pointless because history tells us we''ll probably go out in the next round. But we didn''t, and Spurs was a fantastic game, going 1-0 down in the second half then winning it and saving a penalty to keep the lead is second only to 1-0 against Arsenal so far this season.

I cannot blame anyone for not being bothered about the last three cup games, or last seasons cup games (you may remember the attendance for Leicester at home in the FA Cup was higher than our normal cup attendance''s, i''m sure that was mainly down to the fact we''d won two cup games in a row), or the year before. The League one season was particularly disappointing when we decided not to bother with the JPT, it may not be important, but it would have been a cup final something that a large portion of Norwich fans haven''t seen their team in before.

Even though we''d won two rounds and had a home game against a decent premiership side, the £30 put a lot of people off, and rightly so. It was a silly price for a cup game after two 13K attendance''s in the previous rounds. And the fact we''ve reduced the price to £25 for a much bigger cup game shows that £30 was too much.

People have a right to choose which games they attend. We have been rubbish in the cup in recent years, League cup games are played midweek attendance often drops then anyway, obviously not by anywhere near that much, but price, timing, cup history, players on display (mainly ours, but also the other sides as well), cost for the Spurs game are all good enough reasons as to why many decided not to attend.

And I did attend.

Wont be able to come back for this one im afriad :/ But will be coming back for Man Utd this weekend ;)

People do have the right to choose what game they attend.... Your right!! People also have the right to judge others when they have done the dark and gloomy games that others simply can''t be bothered too!!

It is frustrating and it''s not a case of " I done this game and you didn''t" but I find my self travelling all over the country for years supporting through the good and bad however recently I struggle to get to certain games because of ticket issues ... You get there and the support is dull and lifeless due to the extras that have jumped on the bandwagon recently!!

There isn''t that many extras. Its not like we were half empty in League One and the Championship...

This bandwagon, plastics and glory hunting stuff is getting way out of hand. Yes i''m sure there are a few, but no more than a few hundred, and a few hundred out of 23000 or so Norwich fans (considering away allocation) shouldn''t effect anything... Why would the atmosphere created by the 25k (also considering away support may have been less on many occasions) in League One and Championship be ruined by a few hundred?

A Club like Norwich doesn''t have ''plastic'' fans. It has new fans and fans who vary in attendance for numerous reasons.

We are not a glamour club with excessive media exposure.

What is all this ''better supporter than you'' nonsense?

There are a lot of people who love NCFC who don''t get to attend for a lot of reasons a big one of which is the lack of capacity and the ability to go with friends and family.

A lot of these people went to the first two cup games, a large number of ST holders did not.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]A Club like Norwich doesn''t have ''plastic'' fans. It has new fans and fans who vary in attendance for numerous reasons. We are not a glamour club with excessive media exposure. What is all this ''better supporter than you'' nonsense? There are a lot of people who love NCFC who don''t get to attend for a lot of reasons a big one of which is the lack of capacity and the ability to go with friends and family. A lot of these people went to the first two cup games, a large number of ST holders did not.[/quote]

There is also the question of family budgets and limited funds.

I went to Donny and Scunny but refused to pay £30 for the Spurs game, £25 is good value for a quarter final though so I am going to this one but if we had Villa at home in the last round I still wouldn''t have gone at £30

BW wrote: People do have the right to choose what game they attend.... Your right!! People also have the right to judge others when they have done the dark and gloomy games that others simply can''t be bothered too!!

You, sir, have no right to judge anybody. We reside in a democracy, and people in this country have a choice, whether you like it or not. You want to judge others to and sit on a court jury, otherwise keep your stupid remarks and hitler attitude to yourself FFS.

This sneering at "plastic fans" is getting a bit repetitive. People should attend when they want and when they can. Most will be local and as likely as not support Norwich and should therefore be welcomed by "regulars". Anything that builds up the fanbase can''t be bad and a cup run which allows more non ST -holders to attend is a good way of doing that.

[quote user="jonH"]

This sneering at "plastic fans" is getting a bit repetitive. People should attend when they want and when they can. Most will be local and as likely as not support Norwich and should therefore be welcomed by "regulars". Anything that builds up the fanbase can''t be bad and a cup run which allows more non ST -holders to attend is a good way of doing that.

[/quote]

And asI have said before, None S/T holders should thank the none attending S/T holders for allowing them to use thier seat, and so doing help to increase the fanbase