Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Is Hart actually THAT much better than Ruddy?

The Media seem to think so, but im not convinced. I can also see him going back to Everton before 2014/2015 season after Tim Howard hangs up his boots!

Made a world class save in Fergie time, header going into the top left corner (looking from penalty spot) and then again  from a shot from the edge of the box. Also with the England GK coach being at Norwich, how long will Hart have left before he loses his #1 spot?

I absolutely agree with this.Hart plays behind better defenders (although on Bassong and Turners performances today....) and plays for a top of the league team.Ruddy pulls off world class save after world class save.

Agree too. Recently hart has looked much more vulnerable whereas Ruddy has really come on this year. Man U didn''t have many chances but there were a couple late on. The save from Bassong''s header was top class as was holding on to that shot. Both as good as a goal in my book

Quite simply Hart doesn''t have to deal with the pressure Ruddy does.

Bassong, Turner are forming a great CB partnership, Garrido, Whittaker, Tettey and Johnson rounding off a great defensive unit.

But they aren''t at the same level as the Man.C defence. Of course Hart is a great keeper, and he makes top saves. But he doesn''t have the same pressure, he doesn''t have to make as many saves, he hasn''t had to worry about defensive errors like Ruddy has.

Ruddy has improved so much, I don''t think I ever got on his back like some, especially in the Championship and even early last season, but he wasn''t the best GK then, nervous and made a few mistakes. But now he just gets everything right, is he to blame for any of our goals this season? I can''t remember any, he might not be completely faultless for all, but I don''t remember any big errors. He''s just eradicated that from his game, looks confidant and the defence i''m sure are more confidant with a GK like him behind them.

Swap Ruddy and Hart, who do you think the media would be playing up so much? I''ve heard a few say Hart is the best in the world...

More than happy for him to have the honour of being selected, but let''s keep him safe on the bench as number 2 until we''ve made it through this season eh?

in answer to the OP, NO Ruddy is better BUT I dont want him playing for England.

Man Utd will be looking for a keeper in january, wouldnt surprise me if Fergie is thinking of Ruddy after today and I want to keep him here

United spent 19 million on a keeper, I doubt they''ll be looking for a new one in January. Can''t be too selfish and wish he can''t play for England, I imagine Ruddy would be very proud to play for his country and he fully deserves to get that chance.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

The Media seem to think so, but im not convinced. I can also see him going back to Everton before 2014/2015 season after Tim Howard hangs up his boots!

Made a world class save in Fergie time, header going into the top left corner (looking from penalty spot) and then again  from a shot from the edge of the box. Also with the England GK coach being at Norwich, how long will Hart have left before he loses his #1 spot?

[/quote]Ruddy IS a better keeper than Hart but won''t get a look in because Norwich aren''t a fashionable side.As for him going back to Everton I would imagine they wouldn''t have a chance of signing him after he spent most of his time on the bench or on loan last time he was there.

If Ruddy keeps up his current form, if MOTD keep showing little clips of him, he keeps getting praised and if the media in general keep praising him, I think he is the one player we really need to worry about keeping (pardon the pun) in the summer.

Obviously I want him to do well, but it really wouldn''t surprise me, actually it would surprise me if one of the ''big boys'' DIDN''T try to sign him in the summer.  The most likely candidate perhaps being Arsenal.

If we stay up and with the extra money we will be getting next year, it would put us in a strong position to keep hold of him. 

Obviously as things stand, Ruddy seems very happy with us and I am over the moon that he wears a Norwich shirt and is playing so well so I am going to enjoy and celebrate that.

One thing I know, is that the days of us selling good players for a relative pittance are long gone.

Ruddy just signed a 4 year contract, so I can''t really see him going and if he did we probably get quite a lot for him. I don''t think I''d be too worried if he does goes, Bunn seem like a capable replacement. But as I said, I don''t think Ruddy will go.

Not while he''s playing in Scotland, most of his opposition are Championship standard at best. Newcastle didn''t even want him as back up after very successful spells with us and Celtic. If we let Rudd out on loan for two seasons of regular football, and then let him go that would be a strong message about his ability. Of course there is the chance Newcastle sold him because he wanted to go because he knows he''s better than back up but needs the games to prove it.

He stepped up his game against Barca, as did the whole Celtic team. IF they were playing teams like Barcelona every week, or the top English teams, or even the teams that these top teams play regularly and often have a hard time against, how do you know he''d be good enough?

As long as Forster is in Scotland there is no way on earth he will become better than Hart or Ruddy. He''s playing for the best side, in a low standard league.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

It was important rather than world-class. The save from Young in the first-half was better.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Not while he''s playing in Scotland, most of his opposition are Championship standard at best. Newcastle didn''t even want him as back up after very successful spells with us and Celtic. If we let Rudd out on loan for two seasons of regular football, and then let him go that would be a strong message about his ability. Of course there is the chance Newcastle sold him because he wanted to go because he knows he''s better than back up but needs the games to prove it. He stepped up his game against Barca, as did the whole Celtic team. IF they were playing teams like Barcelona every week, or the top English teams, or even the teams that these top teams play regularly and often have a hard time against, how do you know he''d be good enough? As long as Forster is in Scotland there is no way on earth he will become better than Hart or Ruddy. He''s playing for the best side, in a low standard league.[/quote]

Ah ok, I must have imagined his Champions League performances against Barca. [:D]

[quote user="Xavi- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]I think that when both are on form Hart is a better keeper but at the moment Hart is struggling a bit while Ruddy is flying.[/quote]

Totally agree, but I cant for the life of me see why Ruddy isnt being given more friendly game time for England, so that should he have to step up and be number one in a major tournament for any reason he isnt going to be like a rabbit caught in the headlights. England just never learn their bloody lesson.

How many times has he played against Barcelona?

You have clearly not read my post.

Yes he played well against Barcelona, twice. But Ruddy has played well against Arsenal, Spurs, Man.U, wasn''t that bad against Chelsea. And thats this season, he had the whole of last season playing well against Premiership opposition week in week out. If you think Forster is going to be better than Ruddy and Hart based on one or two games, then you are very very odd indeed. Are we better than Manchester United because we beat them? Pilks must be a better winger than Valencia and Young because he scored. Thats pretty much what you are saying here.

I dont believe he is

It will be an interesting 6-18months. Plenty of english keepers have been lauded (Robinson, Carson, Kirkland, Hart, Green etc etc etc) and all had brief flashes of excellence with huge periods of inconsitency - Robinson is a good keeper but can only get a monthly contract now.

Who knows if Harts bubble has burst, (his performance against Sweden was shocking even before that header - if that had been green he would have been crucified) what Ruddy has is weekly exposure to great player s(unlike forster) and a growing stature - hart i wobbling and has been for a while and only now being picked on by the media; if he cant turn it around in 6 months the door will increasingly open to Ruddy...