Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Morison Forest bound??

Heard from a friend who is a Forest fan, that they are getting Steve Morison from us in January, fee has been agreed at 2 million. Anyone else heard this?

I would be amazed if this has been agreed unless we have already got another striker lined up for January. Selling Morrison would leave us very short of cover/competition for the big fella up top (even taking into account that it looks like Harry Kane will be back with us)   

I''d say out of our strikers, Jackson is more likely than Moro to be out of the door. Morison is being used. Fair enough as a sub, but he is getting some game time.

Even if we get rid of one striker, we still need to 100% have someone in line. We''re too light up top as it is.

If Morison is being sold and i cant see any rumours of this anywhere other than on here, then i''d expect two new strikers in January seeing as C.Martins days look numbered, as does Vaughans and Jackson is currently further down the pecking order than Morison.

I can''t see Hughton selling Jackson yet. He used him alot when we were playing 4-4-2 and he was playing very well. It was just unfortunate that the we weren''t picking up the results and we switched to 4-5-1. I know that Morison has been used more since but they have only been sub performances when we have needed to hold on to the ball and Morison nearly joined Forest on loan before the August deadline.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]If Morison is being sold and i cant see any rumours of this anywhere other than on here, then i''d expect two new strikers in January seeing as C.Martins days look numbered, as does Vaughans and Jackson is currently further down the pecking order than Morison.[/quote]

Go on some Forest sites and you will see for yourself.

wasnt one of the summer rumours that morison said no to them? and to be honest £2m isnt enough

without a replacement its a bad move - even with one i dont this its too sensible - we are do well with the lone striker, if holt fails to fire can jackson do that role? no, and if the new player fails to fire too then we have no alternative.

two striker in then I will feel happier letting any of the current three going for a fee.

I would not be surprised if Mr Morrison did want to leave after the appauling way he has been treated by a small section of our fans, who are also well represented on this board, shame on you! But surely not for only £2mil particularly in the January window which is always a more expensive time to go shopping!

i''d take 2 million for Moro... if we have someone else lined up (already signed?) then the 2 million could go to strengthening other areas.

How can scoring 10 Premiership goals lower his value?

I''m sure the ''undisclosed'' fee was supposed to be about £2.5 million, so you''d be happy to sell him for £2 million? Makes no sense...

Jackson, Martin, Vaughan are more likely to leave Han Morison, who scored 10 goals in half a season in the premier league last season.

I love the fans love for Jackson who has only had a good run for us for a month after the sunny home game back in championship, two seasons ago.

Think someone made a fair point about Shane long and Morison, saying the return in goals per game put Morison ahead of long.

Morison scores goals. Vaughan looked sharp in per season but none of the other strikers have shown enough to be prem. strikers. I expect one or two new strikers as I expect jacksons contract not to be renewed and Martin to move on. Kane will return to spurs and Vaughan may be here for one more year.

Ridiculous talk by some of our fans there is a lot more deadwood, average players that need to be replaced before Morison.

He scored 8 goals in half a season...

He''s scored 10 PL goals altogether, one this season, one against someone in the second half of last season, possibly two, but probably only one.

And Smooth, Morison''s problem is that he''s direct competition for Holt. Jackson isn''t. And Martin isn''t here/good enough and Vaughan is injured again and not here.

If Hughton signs direct competition for Holt, then getting rid of Jackson wouldn''t make sense, as presumably that competition would be someone who fits the one man up top role, is probably good in the air etc. Jackson offers something completely different. Although he needs to score.

Ginger for me a two pronged attack of Morison and holt would be a feared strike force in the prem. if we get balls in the box then these two will attack the ball and disrupt defences as they did last season.

I can never see Jackson being a starting striker in this division or for this team. We will look at a striker with pace, size and genuine ability in front of goal from Europe. Yes I would expect that player (s) to be better than holty and hence Morison drops further down the pecking order. But there is no way Jackson is above Morison, he just does not score.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Yes I`m agreeing with you Ginger dear, his value must be well over £3.5mil. in my humble opinion.[/quote]

Really? I suppose in the desperation of the Jan window someone might pay it but on the last years showing, they''ll regret it

[quote user="Norfolk n Good"][quote user="canarygirl"]Yes I`m agreeing with you Ginger dear, his value must be well over £3.5mil. in my humble opinion.[/quote]

Really? I suppose in the desperation of the Jan window someone might pay it but on the last years showing, they''ll regret it[/quote]

Quite simple, less than a year and a half ago, we bought a player with no Premiership experience and 7 international caps, for £2.5 million, now we have a player with 20 international caps and 10 goals in 46 premiership games, but 10 of those from this season were sub appearances (with at least two being for about 5 mins) and i''d say about 15 last season as sub. So you''re looking at around 10 goals in 20ish starts.

Moro isn''t at his best at the moment, and we need better than what he is currently offering, but he can be that better. And if we are going to sell him, there is no way £2 million is enough.

I can see where you are coming from Ginger Pele. But I would seriously consider £2 million for Moro if (and this is the big if) a replacement was coming in.The facts are that we bought Moro for £2.8 million in 2011. He will be 30 in August next year and also in the final year of his contract. Moro''s form has also deserted him of late. He has only scored 2 times since the start of February deservedly falling behind Wilbraham in the pecking order at times last season. I like Moro as a player but things clearly aren''t working here and I think it may be best for all parties if he has a fresh start.

I probably haven''t phrased that particularly well. I mean he will be in the final year of his contract from next August

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]£2m ?!?!?Bite thier arms off, he is about as much value as a bag of pick and mix [/quote]

Did you go to Eaton dear?

I''m excited about a couple of fresh faced and hungry strikers coming in (probably from the continent) and to following all the rumours and links to previously unheard of ''stars'' snd ''goalmachines'' which are bound to start before very long.

I also hope that Hughton brings in some reinforcement for Tettey and Johnson as the switch to our current formation and strategy has proved revolutionary but we are light in defensive midfielders (not sure all of us would class Foxy as an ideal man to fill that aggressive role).