• West Brom v Stoke – Home win,

keep Stoke in mix
  • Reading v Man Utd  - Away win, as Soton widen gap to bottom

• Norwich v Sunderland – Hone win,

maintain run, gap widens to all bar QPR, which is 11
  • Newcastle v Wigan – Home win,

grow gap on Wigan

And all these results very possible based on fixtures, here’s hoping

Can''t disagree with much there.Potentially a weekend where it could be extremely beneficial to us, depending on results, in fact it seems we have a vested interest in pretty much every game.Obviously its vital we win!

QPR V Villa id go for a draw if given the choice. Gap widens on both and QPR dont gain any confidence from a win. They have a good manager now and do have good players so the longer they struggle the better.

[quote user="willo"]

• West Ham v Chelsea Away Win – Keep bringing West Ham back, 3 losses on spin

• Arsenal v Swansea Home win – Keep Swans in touch

• Fulham v Tottenham  - Away win, as above for Fulham

• Liverpool v Southampton – Home win, gap bottom 3 increases

• Man City v Everton - Not bothered!!!

• QPR v Aston Villa – Home win, Gap widens to Villa, gap already 11 to Hoops

• West Brom v Stoke – Home win, keep Stoke in mix

• Reading v Man Utd  - Away win, as Soton widen gap to bottom 3

• Norwich v Sunderland – Hone win, maintain run, gap widens to all bar QPR, which is 11

• Newcastle v Wigan – Home win, grow gap on Wigan

And all these results very possible based on fixtures, here’s hoping

[/quote]

Can''t argue there but If Newcastle lose that will be 5 on the bounce only 2 points out of drop zone,Would be very intesting to see them in the scrap and see how Ashley deals with the Pardew Syndrome. And I will be looking for Vile to lose

In the premiership we always look down, not up.   Why do we want Liverpool to win when they are above us in the table?  If liverpool lose and we win we go above them  in the table.      The best results imo for everybody else''s games is draws.   It means if we win we get three points and everyone else only gets one.    Its a recipe for going up the table.   

I know its important to stay in the division, but if we could sometimes look up as well as down, we will see that Liverpool are a team we should want to lose so we an go above them if we pick up points against Sunderland.    

Also, Newcastle are just below us so why would we want them to win?  

There is no harm in looking up sometimes - but as I say, imo, draws all round on balance are the best results for all the other games.  

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Like others have mentioned: I JUST WANT US TO WIN OUR HOME GAME, not bothered with other results.[/quote]

I agree. But if, by winning, we could go above the only team to have beaten us at FCR this season, then I would be even happier.

LDC i''m only looking up, no reason to look down. If we win doesn''t matter what the teams below us do because they won''t be any nearer to us. Liverpool and Fulham not winning would be the two main ones. West Ham, Stoke and Swansea as well.

[quote user="lake district canary"]In the premiership we always look down, not up.   Why do we want Liverpool to win when they are above us in the table?  If liverpool lose and we win we go above them  in the table.      The best results imo for everybody else''s games is draws.   It means if we win we get three points and everyone else only gets one.    Its a recipe for going up the table.   

I know its important to stay in the division, but if we could sometimes look up as well as down, we will see that Liverpool are a team we should want to lose so we an go above them if we pick up points against Sunderland.    

There is no harm in looking up sometimes - but as I say, imo, draws all round on balance are the best results for all the other games.   [/quote]You can look up all you like but we are not realistically going to finish in front of Liverpool. Whereas any points unexpectedly gained by Southampton could be a direct threat to our Premier survival. A Southampton defeat is the ONLY result we should be hoping for.

Thats if you think we are in a relegation battle Ricardo, personally I think we''re in a mid table battle. Its where we finished last season, its where we will finish this season.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lake district canary"]In the premiership we always look down, not up.   Why do we want Liverpool to win when they are above us in the table?  If liverpool lose and we win we go above them  in the table.      The best results imo for everybody else''s games is draws.   It means if we win we get three points and everyone else only gets one.    Its a recipe for going up the table.    I know its important to stay in the division, but if we could sometimes look up as well as down, we will see that Liverpool are a team we should want to lose so we an go above them if we pick up points against Sunderland.     Also, Newcastle are just below us so why would we want them to win?   There is no harm in looking up sometimes - but as I say, imo, draws all round on balance are the best results for all the other games.   [/quote]

You can look up all you like but we are not realistically going to finish in front of Liverpool. Whereas any points unexpectedly gained by Southampton could be a direct threat to our Premier survival. A Southampton defeat is the ONLY result we should be hoping for.[/quote]

It is difficult to say what is realistic.   To me it means looking at where we are now.   Liverpool just above us Newcastle just below us.   We don''t know if Liverpool are going to shoot up the table, but if we win and they lose we go above them. That''s going up the table.  Week by week that is what I want to see.      There will always be teams doing better than us and always teams doing worse than us.    If we  maintain our form and even improve by adding afew goals occasionally we will be moving up the table - and challenging the teams above us for places.  That is what football is about.    As I said draws all round is the best for us - gives us the best opportunity to go up the table.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thats if you think we are in a relegation battle Ricardo, personally I think we''re in a mid table battle. Its where we finished last season, its where we will finish this season.[/quote]It doesn''t matter what you or I think Ginge, there is plenty of time for a bad run of form or injuries to alter the picture. We are in a relegation battle until it is mathematically impossible for us to go down. We certainly aren''t safe in Dec 2012. Counting chickens is best left to chicken farmers.

Completely agree with Ricardo there, apart from the big 4/5 every single team can get involved in the scrap imo. So just focus on your own games I believe is best

On Nov 24 I came up with the rest of the seasons results on BBC predictor - FWIW here''s this weekend results forcast :

1 - 2 West Ham v Chelsea

2 - 0 Arsenal v Swansea

1 - 1 Fulham v Tottenham

3 - 1 Liverpool v Southampton

1 - 1 Man City v Everton

2 - 1 QPR v Aston Villa

2 - 1 West Brom v Stoke

1 - 4 Reading v Man Utd

3 - 0 Norwich v Sunderland

3 - 0 Newcastle v Wigan

So agree with most of what was suggested as ideal results...

I''m afraid Ricardo that I''m with LDC on this.

If our ambition is just to scrape into 17th place each season, then I feel very sorry for the club and supporters!

Remember the 1st season we were in the premiership - we were the "king of the castle" at Christmas! That''s ambition.

We''ve beaten 2 of the Champions League teams so far this season, ever since CH has got the team playing his way. Who''s to say that WE can''t carry on up the league? Are we so self deprecating that we don''t believe that we have the right to be here (something that Lambert picked up on when he kept banging on about "we have earned the right to be here").

So whilst I agree with most of the OP wishful thinking, I would change the following 3:

• Liverpool v Southampton – Draw - puts Liverpool below us (we finished above them in our 1st season)

• QPR v Aston Villa – Draw - gap widens to both QPR & Villa (and dents Villa''s confidence for the COC)

• Newcastle v Wigan – Draw - keeps us above Newcastle (which would be very satisfying for CH)

[quote user="lake district canary"]In the premiership we always look down, not up.   Why do we want Liverpool to win when they are above us in the table?  If liverpool lose and we win we go above them  in the table.      The best results imo for everybody else''s games is draws.   It means if we win we get three points and everyone else only gets one.    Its a recipe for going up the table.   

There is no harm in looking up sometimes - but as I say, imo, draws all round on balance are the best results for all the other games.   [/quote]

The teams behind us are far to near for comfort, our first priority is to stay up, when we feel confident about that we can start worrying about overtaking teams above us in the league, for now I certainly want Saints to be driven downwards

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

I''m afraid Ricardo that I''m with LDC on this.

If our ambition is just to scrape into 17th place each season, then I feel very sorry for the club and supporters!

Remember the 1st season we were in the premiership - we were the "king of the castle" at Christmas! That''s ambition.

We''ve beaten 2 of the Champions League teams so far this season, ever since CH has got the team playing his way. Who''s to say that WE can''t carry on up the league? Are we so self deprecating that we don''t believe that we have the right to be here (something that Lambert picked up on when he kept banging on about "we have earned the right to be here").

So whilst I agree with most of the OP wishful thinking, I would change the following 3:

• Liverpool v Southampton – Draw - puts Liverpool below us (we finished above them in our 1st season)

• QPR v Aston Villa – Draw - gap widens to both QPR & Villa (and dents Villa''s confidence for the COC)

• Newcastle v Wigan – Draw - keeps us above Newcastle (which would be very satisfying for CH)
[/quote]This has absolutely nothing to do with ambition. It has to do with what results would benefit us most at this time and in a possible relegation threatened future. You have to remember that there is no guarantee that our good form, injury free run etc will continue for the whole season. Should the unthinkable happen and we become embroiled in the relegation fight and Southampton pip us for 17th spot by 1 point how would your wish for a draw against Liverpool sit in that respect?No, we should wish for the worst possible results for the likely relegation candidates everytime. It''s a no brainer.

Ricardo, I appreciate where you are coming from - however, the same applies to every team in the premiership

If we can get a net gain of 2 points from all the teams around us, by definition that helps propel us up the league.

I would understand the "no brainer" sentiment if we were still under Lambert''s gung-ho approach - but under CH the whole atmosphere seems to have changed - we''ve become solid - something we have not been for many years - and being that solid will ooze confidence throughout the team, squad, and club.  Whilst keeping the relegation candidates at bay, I believe we should also be trying to keep those around us within reach and then look to overtake them.

Last year we ended up 12th, much to the amazement of the football "experts". If we end up believing their drivel, that we are relegation material, then it could become self prophetic.

As mentioned above, I feel very confident that our "new" more solid Norwich, will more than hold their own this season and that we should be looking to do more than "doff our cap" to the rest of the premier league teams

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

Ricardo, I appreciate where you are coming from - however, the same applies to every team in the premiership

If we can get a net gain of 2 points from all the teams around us, by definition that helps propel us up the league.

I would understand the "no brainer" sentiment if we were still under Lambert''s gung-ho approach - but under CH the whole atmosphere seems to have changed - we''ve become solid - something we have not been for many years - and being that solid will ooze confidence throughout the team, squad, and club.  Whilst keeping the relegation candidates at bay, I believe we should also be trying to keep those around us within reach and then look to overtake them.

Last year we ended up 12th, much to the amazement of the football "experts". If we end up believing their drivel, that we are relegation material, then it could become self prophetic.

As mentioned above, I feel very confident that our "new" more solid Norwich, will more than hold their own this season and that we should be looking to do more than "doff our cap" to the rest of the premier league teams

[/quote]As am I, ABC. However, what with getting on for  60 seasons at CR under my belt I am very aware of how quickly things can change for the worse. I''ve seen the club sail close to disaster more than once and anything that puts our survival in jeopardy is a no go area for me. It''s all going along swimmingly at the moment and the last three seasons have seen the longest sustained success in our history. I think I have seen enough to know that this won''t continue indefinitely.  Relegation is never more than a season away so hoping for safety first is not something to be sniffed at.

[quote user="willo"]

• West Ham v Chelsea Away Win –

Keep bringing West Ham back, 3 losses on spin
[/quote]First one not gone to plan - W Ham have beat Chelsea 3-1

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="willo"]

• West Ham v Chelsea Away Win –

Keep bringing West Ham back, 3 losses on spin
[/quote]First one not gone to plan - W Ham have beat Chelsea 3-1[/quote]It won''t be the last. If forecasting was that easy there would be no bookies and we would all be millionaires. 

[quote user="Surfer"]On Nov 24 I came up with the rest of the seasons results on BBC predictor - FWIW here''s this weekend results forcast :

1 - 2 West Ham v Chelsea

2 - 0 Arsenal v Swansea

1 - 1 Fulham v Tottenham

3 - 1 Liverpool v Southampton

1 - 1 Man City v Everton

2 - 1 QPR v Aston Villa

2 - 1 West Brom v Stoke

1 - 4 Reading v Man Utd

3 - 0 Norwich v Sunderland

3 - 0 Newcastle v Wigan

So agree with most of what was suggested as ideal results...[/quote]

2 out of 7 for Saturdays results.

What is it with the top teams ?

As much as don''t care for Man Utd, I really hope they or Tottenham win the title this year.

The arrogance of Man City, Chelsea (Arsenal?) thinking all they need to do is prance around the park like it''s a glorified 5-a-side pick up game ...

Hence I dont think anyone should fear playing these guys... and maybe the other teams have realized that...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Man.U better win.[/quote]Todays results show the futility of wishful thinking and the reason why we need to continue to do the business ourselves. Looking up the table is all very well but our focus should be on getting to 40 points as quickly as possible. Fortunately Southampton lost although very nearly nicked a point, while QPR v Villa was probably the best result for us.Now lets see Reading and Wigan beat and ourselves take 3 points for another happy Sunday.

I have pretty much guaranteed a Reading win, because i''ve bet on Man.U to win... (Boylesports had a nice 2/1 odds for new customers, pretty good compared to the 2/5 kind of odds you can fins elsewhere.)

Thats the only reason I want Man.U to win. And i''d rather they won the league than Man.C. They may spend a fair amount of money themselves, and have a huge amount of so called plastic fans, but Fergie certainly knows how to manage a team, what he''s done at that club is pretty fantastic.

Not a terrible day for us though. Southampton losing and Villa-QPR draw were the two that did go our way and were probably the most important ones to go our way.

If Reading lose to Man Utd then and Wigan don''t win on Monday I''ll be very happy with the weekends other results.

A win for us tomorrow will be extra nice!