Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="whoareyou"]He''s been immense whilst we have been on this unbeaten run.Although he hasn''t scored many, he''s created space for others to do so. He also seems to have cut out that annoying habit of looking for a free kick all the time when he would have been better to go for the ball. He plays that card less often but more effectively now.[/quote]I think he''s handed that mantle (with aplomb) to Snoddy now. [:D]

[quote user="ellis206"]According to a few on here he wasn''t going to cut it in the Championship, then the premiership last year and this year he was blatantly happy to sit back and not make an effort now he has his 3 year contract......

Holt is one of the best strikers we''ve ever had, some people on here are the thickest posters we''ve ever had :)[/quote]Yes? You rang?

We certainly have had some great centre forwards in my time including Ron Davies, Ted McDougall and Robert Fleck but Holt must be the greatest.

I''ve always thought that one of the first and smartest decisions Lambert made was making him captain. He identified Holt had leadership qualities which made him an even better player.

Thanks Holty for great memories of skill and character and indeed some great laughs at your antics on the field home and away. Fantastic!

[quote user="Kathy "]He looks good in black.........[;)][/quote]

They do say black makes you look slim. [:D]

[quote user="jedi"]I''m sorry Zema when did I say I was a good player? But playing ability has no bearing on whether a opinion is correct or not, so what''s your point?? I didn''t say Holt is a shit passer. So I''m at a loss what your problem is against my original post? Or is this how this board works, you''ve got under 200 posts your either ipshit fan or wrong on everything you say!! Great post though your clearly a very clever bloke, hat tip to you sir.[/quote]

Contradiction..........look this up in the dictionary, then look at your first comment, Lionel Messi!!

Guess he`s 31 now? Yet he`s just getting better and better. Given that he`s never relied on pace, i think he`s got years left in him as a top Prem striker- which,given his goals, all-round game, cleverness and decision making is what he now definately is. 

Chill out mate. A tongue in cheek comment and you jump straight down his throat. No wonder people moan about the tone on here sometimes. How about I look out for all your posts from here on in and pick holes for no reason.

How about it being a comment on the black away strip, which I rather like as well. Or do I need your permission first?

Right back to feeling good about the world.

Quote "Really sorry but WTF does this have to do with football"

Quite a bit in my opinion - shirt colour etc has always had a

psychological effect.  Remember Man Utd''s grey disaster - they changed

shirts at half time? White is traditionally seen as a "weak" colour (as

is yellow). Black is a strong, dominant colour - personally I think we

look a more intimidating force away from home wearing the all black

outfit and Holt in particular looks much more powerful dressed in all

black than yellow and green.  Cardiff also changed their shirts

to be red because of the perceived "lucky" attribute of that colour and

its resonance in the far east

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "]He looks good in black.........[;)][/quote]Really sorry but WTF does this have to do with football?[/quote]
Lighten up FFS!

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "]He looks good in black.........[;)][/quote]

Really sorry but WTF does this have to do with football?
[/quote]

Lighten up FFS!

[/quote]

Take no notice Kathy as he is another one of those people who loves to sit behind a computer screen acting as moderator and being critical but when he is in the same room as you can only offer an odd glance with nothing to say.

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "]He looks good in black.........[;)][/quote]Really sorry but WTF does this have to do with football?[/quote]
Lighten up FFS!
[/quote]No I''m not going to "lighten up ffs".Had it been someone outside of your little group of friends who think they control this messageboard the comment would have been jumped on and the poster vilified by the usual suspects..Double standards at it''s very finest.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Kathy "][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "]He looks good in black.........[;)][/quote]Really sorry but WTF does this have to do with football?[/quote]

Lighten up FFS!

[/quote]

Take no notice Kathy as he is another one of those people who loves to sit behind a computer screen acting as moderator and being critical but when he is in the same room as you can only offer an odd glance with nothing to say.

[/quote]Hahaha [:D] Says the person who didnt say anything either and instead chose to mumble to his friends instead...

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "]He looks good in black.........[;)][/quote]Really sorry but WTF does this have to do with football?[/quote]
Lighten up FFS!
[/quote]No I''m not going to "lighten up ffs".Had it been someone outside of your little group of friends who think they control this messageboard the comment would have been jumped on and the poster vilified by the usual suspects..Double standards at it''s very finest.[/quote]
Anybody got any spare happy pills for Grant Holt''s 3 year contract?

However many people does that make who think they control the message board.

[I]Pete could auction off one day a month for EACH...

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Kathy "]He looks good in black.........[;)][/quote]Really sorry but WTF does this have to do with football?[/quote]
Lighten up FFS!
[/quote]No I''m not going to "lighten up ffs".Had it been someone outside of your little group of friends who think they control this messageboard the comment would have been jumped on and the poster vilified by the usual suspects..Double standards at it''s very finest.[/quote]And yet you were more than happy to contribute to this totally football-related thread (prior to its move to the correct forum) with no objection to its existance.  Personally it doesn''t bother me whatsoever but that certainly smacks of "double standards" to me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Fast becoming my favourite striker of all time, In fact he may already be that.

[/quote]

There will only ever be one Ron Davies. Now him and Holty would be an awesome duo up front.

[quote user="Real Dr Craftys alphabet"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Fast becoming my favourite striker of all time, In fact he may already be that.

[/quote] There will only ever be one Ron Davies. Now him and Holty would be an awesome duo up front.[/quote]

Can''t agree Crafty. For me once Holty proved himself in the Prem he surpassed what Ron Davies did for us. Of course Davies was the best centre forward in Europe after he left. I''m glad we have a proper hero now. Us old boys don''t always look back and see the whole picture.