Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

6 games until half way...

Before I get this started I would just like to make clear that my hope for Norwich City this season is far and above the drop zone. However I feel that getting to 40 points is what we must do before assessing again and seeing just how high up we can finish. It is interesting therefore to note that we are just 5 points away from the 20 mark and we have 6 games until the half way point in the season (19). Our next 6 games are: Southampton away, Sunderland home, Swans away, Wigan home, Albion away and Chelsea at home. After beating Man United and Arsenal at home (and Spurs in the cup) could anyone really say for certainty that we wont win (or at least remain unbeaten in the 3 home games? I predict that by the time the Chelsea match finishes we will have 25/26 points. A prediction which re-affirms my belief (since season start) that we will be absolutely fine. Here''s to 3 points at Southampton! OTBC

Point at Southampton. 3 against Sunderland. 0 at Swansea. 3 against Wigan. 0 against WBA and Chelsea.

7 points my prediction. Making it 22 points at the halfway stage. I''d have broken wrist for that at the start of the season. Onwards and upwards!

We have to be realistic - and that means we have to recognise that no-one is going to enjoy playing against us because of our record.   That gives us an advantage imo that will make these games close.   I think we can carry on in the same vane with home wins and away draws.  Chelsea at home may be the exception, but I agree with the op that 9-10 points is a realistic possibility - only if we maintain the performances as we have been - and hopefully score one or two more in the process. 

5 pts. Would take a win and 2 draws from Southampton, Wigan & Sunderland. If we lose against Southampton it puts more pressure on winning against Sunderland and Wigan. If we can get to 20 pts by the end of those 6 games I''ll be fairly content (though still a nervous Canary as always!) lol.

I would really love to see us beat Sunderland and put the Martin O''Neill mythology to rest.

The whole Lambert mentor thing and resultant crap performance really aggravated me last season.

If they weren''t playing QPR I''d be hoping we''d be their third defeat in 8 days and the end of O'' Neill at FCR, poetic justice.

I would be overjoyed to beat Southampton who are on a mini-run of their own and to get our 1st away win of the season. I''d take a point right now though

12 points - I know I''m an optimist !

Southampton 0 - Norwich 2

Norwich 3 - Sunderland 0

Swansea 2 - Norwich 0

Norwich 3 - Wigan 1

West Brom 1 - Norwich 2

Norwich 1 - Chelsea 2

I predict we''ll be on at least 22 points and in the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup by Christmas.

Oh.. and that there''ll still be people on here moaning[;)]

No reason to suggest we won''t keep our unbeaten run for a while yet, other than the fact all good runs come to an end, but who''d have said after Liverpool and Chelsea game we''d go on a 6 (league) game unbeaten run, playing Arsenal, Man.U and Everton away? Not losing 3 out of those 6 would have been acceptable.

Southampton away, Sunderland home, Swans away and Wigan at home are all very winnable at the moment, and if we stay as solid as we have been I really don''t think we''ll lose any of those. WBA away could be tricky, they are doing very well at the moment, but you feel they have to start falling at some point, surely they can''t keep it up much longer?

The post Xmas double, is just ridiculous. Who decided it''d be a good idea to make us play Chelsea and Man.C just after Christmas? Its not fair. But we''ve beaten Arsenal and Man.U, so no reason why we can''t do it again. And to be honest at the moment our game plan seems to work best against the big teams, our best performances have been against Arsenal, Man.U and second half Everton. We were good against 10 man Villa but wasted so many chances. Stoke at home, well was just us keeping them out really, Reading away we were never really in control, but had some decent counter attacks and could have won. But we step up our game against the big sides.

And I sent you a text mate, you get it?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No reason to suggest we won''t keep our unbeaten run for a while yet, other than the fact all good runs come to an end, but who''d have said after Liverpool and Chelsea game we''d go on a 6 (league) game unbeaten run, playing Arsenal, Man.U and Everton away? Not losing 3 out of those 6 would have been acceptable.

Southampton away, Sunderland home, Swans away and Wigan at home are all very winnable at the moment, and if we stay as solid as we have been I really don''t think we''ll lose any of those. WBA away could be tricky, they are doing very well at the moment, but you feel they have to start falling at some point, surely they can''t keep it up much longer?

The post Xmas double, is just ridiculous. Who decided it''d be a good idea to make us play Chelsea and Man.C just after Christmas? Its not fair. But we''ve beaten Arsenal and Man.U, so no reason why we can''t do it again. And to be honest at the moment our game plan seems to work best against the big teams, our best performances have been against Arsenal, Man.U and second half Everton. We were good against 10 man Villa but wasted so many chances. Stoke at home, well was just us keeping them out really, Reading away we were never really in control, but had some decent counter attacks and could have won. But we step up our game against the big sides.

And I sent you a text mate, you get it?[/quote]Yeah I did mate. Saving my phone credit so I''ve got enough for Wednesday night...WBA is a goer. Will chat about it Thursday/Friday [Y]

As runs in the Prem go, the next 6 games are pretty good so it would be disappointing if we don''t get at least 6 points to take us to 21 points after 19 games, and I always feel that a point a game should be enough for safety.  We can realistically aim for 9-10 points though.  It''s a big help to pick up a point away from a performance that wasn''t great such as Villa and Reading.

Has anyone else noticed we play Chelsea twice before we play ManC for this first time ?

I think Southampton may be the hardest of the recent run of games, because they''ve just hit a lot of form, in contrast to Reading, Villa, Stoke and Everton who weren''t doing particularly well before we played them, and Arsenal and Man Utd who we performed brilliantly against, but will feel they should have done better.They''re coming into some form, have their tails up, and they''re at home. BUT, if we can keep their great attacking players quiet - I really think they are a very good attacking threat with Ramirez, Lambert, and Lallana amongst others - I think we can get some joy against their defence. Especially Clyne who has made some headlines going forward but has also been at fault for several goals. Hopefully Pilkington can dominate him down our left.

I believe we will go to Swansea and beat them, after all we went there last season and disrupted their play, if you get at them they had no Plan B and I don''t see them changing their approach.  Regarding the other games before Xmas apart from WBA where we generally do quite well lets get 5 wins.  That would be nice but depends on keeping first team fit.

quote user="It''s Character Forming"

Has anyone else noticed we play Chelsea twice before we play ManC for this first time ?

Thanks for doing the legwork here ICF - when I saw we were playing Chelsea again by the half way point I was trying to figure out who we hadn''t played. I think ManCini''s backers have thrown some cash at the PL again - scared if they play us too soon we''ll have knocked them out of the race for the top!!!  [;)]

The Sunderland match could be very interesting. If they lose to QPR tonight (and with the ''Arry bounce must be a good chance) and if we beat them convincingly Sunday, it could be M''ON''s last game in charge - schadenfruede?

[quote user="Grant Holt 3 year contract"]Before I get this started I would just like to make clear that my hope for Norwich City this season is far and above the drop zone. However I feel that getting to 40 points is what we must do before assessing again and seeing just how high up we can finish. It is interesting therefore to note that we are just 5 points away from the 20 mark and we have 6 games until the half way point in the season (19). Our next 6 games are: Southampton away, Sunderland home, Swans away, Wigan home, Albion away and Chelsea at home. After beating Man United and Arsenal at home (and Spurs in the cup) could anyone really say for certainty that we wont win (or at least remain unbeaten in the 3 home games? I predict that by the time the Chelsea match finishes we will have 25/26 points. A prediction which re-affirms my belief (since season start) that we will be absolutely fine. Here''s to 3 points at Southampton! OTBC[/quote]Bumpity bump. I predicted that we''d be on 25/26 points at the end of Chelsea (h). We will be on 25 with a win against Wigan! Fantastic win yesterday.

Absolute pleasure to re-read this thread! 2 points ahead of my hope of 20 as well:):) More points in the next 3 please! Great to see we''re ahead of last season as well:) Really want us to better last season''s results for CH as much as anyone else..22 games left and 18pts to that magic 40 (though we''ll probably need less).. 6 wins to go!!

"However I feel that getting to 40 points is what we must do before assessing again and seeing just how high up we can finish"

eh ?

that is absurd

[quote user="City1st"]

"However I feel that getting to 40 points is what we must do before assessing again and seeing just how high up we can finish"

eh ?

that is absurd

[/quote]No it isnt. Getting to 40 points mean we''ve guaranteed safety and then when we reach the mark we can see just how high up we can finish.

nonsense !

teams have been relegated with 40 points and more

why would ''guaranteed safety'' make any difference to seeing how " high up we can finish" ?

to achieve 40 points or any other randomly selected total is done by winning games, so how is the method of achieving 40 points any different to the method of finishing as high as we can

and

how is trying to finish as high as we can going affect trying to achieve 40 points ?

i think he means as fans...

Some impressive results, and records this year. But,l lets not get carried away, until we have the benchmark of 40pts... and seeing how quickly that comes.

of course... If we was players/managers you would expect, that their only thought is the next match and preparing for that.

An interesting thread particularly looking back after 4 of the 6 games. It shows that most of us myslef included underestimated out success i suupose because weare naturally cautious

The worry for me is that we hit 40 points early and start thinking that is all we need do just as we appeared to do last season. The way we are playing we should now reassess our target and kick on for a European spot.  

5 points ahead of what I would have settled for! Hopefully get even more from the next 2 games. The quicker we get to 40 the better and the higher we are the better come January as we''re more attractive to potential signings too

[quote user="Surfer"]12 points - I know I''m an optimist ! Southampton 0 - Norwich 2 Norwich 3 - Sunderland 0 Swansea 2 - Norwich 0 Norwich 3 - Wigan 1 West Brom 1 - Norwich 2 Norwich 1 - Chelsea 2[/quote]

Well Surfer, we''ve already got 10 of them, and if your last 2 predictions are right (seeing as you have had a 50% success rate) then, we should exceed your optimism[;)]