Sign in to follow this  
Hog

New Striker in Jan....

I think in unless we spend some significant money on another striker in Jan we could be in trouble, sounds like we are making all the chances but the entire team is being let down by our strikers....

It was very clear that this was the problem that needed to be sorted before the window closed, The fact that it wasn''t could well see us relegated.

We should have gone for Rhodes. And before anyone comes out with the £8 million price tag, IF it was that price that would be including various perfomance related add on''s that had we payed would have meant he was doing the job.

From what i saw today it was not just about the strikers but more about final delivery into the box, it was shocking today, the movement off the ball was poor. When we do get a rare chance then we totally fluff it ala harry last week and surman today. Our set pieces last week mostly went straight into the wall and today it was restricted to corners and every time we were well beaten in the air. for the 1st time in 3 years i am concerned by what i see. I think the team is confused after such a shift in style and management approach and we need to get that 1st win very soon or its 2005 all over again

I cant remember us scoring a direct free kick since Pilks at Villa last season in the league! Considering these are meant to be top class players earning ridiculous money, it is very poor. I am confident that given free kicks from the edge of the box for a season I would score a minimum of 3!! I do not earn anywhere near that and do not train daily under top class coaches!!

it angers me that we''re talking about a new striker in Jan when most of us could see (apart from the "we were the 7th highest scorers in the premier league" brigade), that we blatantly needed one this summer. The worst bit is is that much of this is self-inflected by Hughton when he allowed Vaughan to leave without any/adequate replacement. He had all pre season to find this out and after shipping out the one striker who looked sharp in pre-season then saw us draw blanks in our final 3 games before the season started.  If we get relegated this season, it will haved happened in no small part at 11.00 clock on August 31st.....and Houghton will have to shoulder much of the blame in compiling such an unbalanced ,midfielder heavy, squad

[quote user="Steady On..."]Never seen so much crap in all my life, do us a favour guys, don''t come to games and go and support Man United. Jesus.[/quote]

very constructive...are you happy with 2 goals in 5 games??..instead of critiscising other peoples viewpoints how about contrubuting some of your own?, after all this is a "forum"..

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Steady On..."]Never seen so much crap in all my life, do us a favour guys, don''t come to games and go and support Man United. Jesus.[/quote]

very constructive...are you happy with 2 goals in 5 games??..instead of critiscising other peoples viewpoints how about contrubuting some of your own?, after all this is a "forum"..

[/quote]

I''m not amazingly happy, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have the basis of a great team but a section of fans with the mental fortitude of a creme brulee. Have some friggin faith and man up!

This is by far the greatest threat our club has faced in recent years. It can be overcome.

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

I''m not amazingly happy, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have the basis of a great team but a section of fans with the mental fortitude of a creme brulee. Have some friggin faith and man up!

This is by far the greatest threat our club has faced in recent years. It can be overcome.

[/quote]

so, whats your strikeforce for Liverpool (h)??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Proven Premier League strikers Grant Holt and Simeon Jackson

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

stretching that a bit with Jackson?!?....3 goals last season, 1 this?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

3 more than James "sainted" Vaughan

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well thats because Vaughan was injured for most of it I think you''ll find ?!?.

but herein lies the problem , if as you''re suggesting, we''re classing Jackson as a "proven " premiership striker as one of our first choice frontmen (remember he wasnt even on the bench at Fulham, when Vaughan was).....then that surely proves we''re in trouble?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

but herein lies the problem , if as you''re suggesting, we''re classing Jackson as a "proven " premiership striker as one of our first choice frontmen (remember he wasnt even on the bench at Fulham, when Vaughan was).....then that surely proves we''re in trouble?

[/quote]

Well, Holt and Jackson look like the best unit clearly. How many goals has Vaughan scored in the championship?

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, Holt and Jackson look like the best unit clearly. How many goals has Vaughan scored in the championship?

[/quote]

we can compare the relative qualities of Vaughan and Jackson all we like, I personally think Vaughan is clearly a better footballer but the fact is we should have the choice because they should BOTH be here to pick from......sending him out on loan was needless and even more so now knowing that we dont seem to have adequately replaced him.....to move him out of the 25 man squad and keep i.e Martin is madness.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we can compare the relative qualities of Vaughan and Jackson all we like, I personally think Vaughan is clearly a better footballer but the fact is we should have the choice because they should BOTH be here to pick from......sending him out on loan was needless and even more so now knowing that we dont seem to have adequately replaced him.....to move him out of the 25 man squad and keep i.e Martin is madness.

[/quote]

Its 1 GOAL mate thats what you meant to say. 1 GOAL in 4 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. If you want to play the stats game then I''ll win. Jackson has proven himself to be a better footballer for Norwich consistently and Vaughan is being loaned out SPECIFICALLY becaus ehe''s an injury case, and tehrefore pretty useless over a campaign. Martin isn''t the root of all evil, even if you think he is. We will come good, but keep your season ticket at the ready to throw at Chris Hughton, eh.

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its 1 GOAL mate thats what you meant to say. 1 GOAL in 4 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. If you want to play the stats game then I''ll win. Jackson has proven himself to be a better footballer for Norwich consistently and Vaughan is being loaned out SPECIFICALLY becaus ehe''s an injury case, and tehrefore pretty useless over a campaign. Martin isn''t the root of all evil, even if you think he is. We will come good, but keep your season ticket at the ready to throw at Chris Hughton, eh.

[/quote]

well if you really want to go down the stats route then Vaughan has scored more goals in the Premiership than Jackson in his Everton days?....so i guess i win?!?. Yes loan him out to gain fitness if thats the reason but only if we get an adequate replacement in first......was a spurs academy player that didnt make the bench today who you had in mind??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well if you really want to go down the stats route then Vaughan has scored more goals in the Premiership than Jackson in his Everton days?....so i guess i win?!?. Yes loan him out to gain fitness if thats the reason but only if we get an adequate replacement in first......was a spurs academy player that didnt make the bench today who you had in mind??

[/quote]

Kanes a great striker and I''m sure he''ll prove it to the mentally weak ones present. Your just a stereotype mate, negative fan stereotype.

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Kanes a great striker and I''m sure he''ll prove it to the mentally weak ones present. Your just a stereotype mate, negative fan stereotype.

[/quote]

really?...one thats just spent 10 hours travelling to Newcastle and back today thats slightly concened that our lack of firepower after 2 goals in 5 games might make for a relegation scrap?