Sign in to follow this  
Hog

New Striker in Jan....

Holt had a good season last year but many do and then never repeat it , he is ageing , overweight and no more wants to be at this club than flying , in fact after all summer mouthing off about how he wants out its a wonder he has not been labelled a binner yet .As for our strikers , they would be nothing special at Championship level  , there are better in that league now , Rhodes , Nugent  , Maynard  to name just three . We were powder puff again today , one Surman shot all that troubled their keeper , the next 4 games look certain defeats and by then we will be so deep in the sh1t we will never get out .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Holt had a good season last year but many do and then never repeat it , he is ageing , overweight and no more wants to be at this club than flying , in fact after all summer mouthing off about how he wants out its a wonder he has not been labelled a binner yet .
As for our strikers , they would be nothing special at Championship level  , there are better in that league now , Rhodes , Nugent  , Maynard  to name just three . We were powder puff again today , one Surman shot all that troubled their keeper , the next 4 games look certain defeats and by then we will be so deep in the sh1t we will never get out .
[/quote]

careful, you''ll be accused of being "negative" too!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Steady On..."]Never seen so much crap in all my life, do us a favour guys, don''t come to games and go and support Man United. Jesus.[/quote]

very constructive...are you happy with 2 goals in 5 games??..instead of critiscising other peoples viewpoints how about contrubuting some of your own?, after all this is a "forum"..

[/quote]

I''m not amazingly happy, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have the basis of a great team but a section of fans with the mental fortitude of a creme brulee. Have some friggin faith and man up!

This is by far the greatest threat our club has faced in recent years. It can be overcome.

[/quote]

so, whats your strikeforce for Liverpool (h)??

[/quote]

Proven Premier League strikers Grant Holt and Simeon Jackson

[/quote]

stretching that a bit with Jackson?!?....3 goals last season, 1 this?

[/quote]

3 more than James "sainted" Vaughan

[/quote]

well thats because Vaughan was injured for most of it I think you''ll find ?!?.

but herein lies the problem , if as you''re suggesting, we''re classing Jackson as a "proven " premiership striker as one of our first choice frontmen (remember he wasnt even on the bench at Fulham, when Vaughan was).....then that surely proves we''re in trouble?

[/quote]

Well, Holt and Jackson look like the best unit clearly. How many goals has Vaughan scored in the championship?

[/quote]

we can compare the relative qualities of Vaughan and Jackson all we like, I personally think Vaughan is clearly a better footballer but the fact is we should have the choice because they should BOTH be here to pick from......sending him out on loan was needless and even more so now knowing that we dont seem to have adequately replaced him.....to move him out of the 25 man squad and keep i.e Martin is madness.

[/quote]

Its 1 GOAL mate thats what you meant to say. 1 GOAL in 4 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. If you want to play the stats game then I''ll win. Jackson has proven himself to be a better footballer for Norwich consistently and Vaughan is being loaned out SPECIFICALLY becaus ehe''s an injury case, and tehrefore pretty useless over a campaign. Martin isn''t the root of all evil, even if you think he is. We will come good, but keep your season ticket at the ready to throw at Chris Hughton, eh.

[/quote]

well if you really want to go down the stats route then Vaughan has scored more goals in the Premiership than Jackson in his Everton days?....so i guess i win?!?. Yes loan him out to gain fitness if thats the reason but only if we get an adequate replacement in first......was a spurs academy player that didnt make the bench today who you had in mind??

[/quote]

Kanes a great striker and I''m sure he''ll prove it to the mentally weak ones present. Your just a stereotype mate, negative fan stereotype.

[/quote]

really?...one thats just spent 10 hours travelling to Newcastle and back today thats slightly concened that our lack of firepower after 2 goals in 5 games might make for a relegation scrap?

[/quote]

That your talking about relegation at this stage in the season is comical, you clearly can''t control your emotions. I think it''d take a longer drive than that to stop you and others being negative just for the sake of it. You''d moan if we were top of the table.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Holt had a good season last year but many do and then never repeat it , he is ageing , overweight and no more wants to be at this club than flying , in fact after all summer mouthing off about how he wants out its a wonder he has not been labelled a binner yet .As for our strikers , they would be nothing special at Championship level  , there are better in that league now , Rhodes , Nugent  , Maynard  to name just three . We were powder puff again today , one Surman shot all that troubled their keeper , the next 4 games look certain defeats and by then we will be so deep in the sh1t we will never get out .[/quote]

You are ridiculous, I want you to come back in a few months and realise you''ve just said Holt would be ordinary in the championship and NUGENT is better. You should be TARRED AND FEATHERS AND BRANDED for that so you can''t just hide away what you''ve just stated. Despicable.

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Steady On..."]Never seen so much crap in all my life, do us a favour guys, don''t come to games and go and support Man United. Jesus.[/quote]

very constructive...are you happy with 2 goals in 5 games??..instead of critiscising other peoples viewpoints how about contrubuting some of your own?, after all this is a "forum"..

[/quote]

I''m not amazingly happy, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have the basis of a great team but a section of fans with the mental fortitude of a creme brulee. Have some friggin faith and man up!

This is by far the greatest threat our club has faced in recent years. It can be overcome.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

but herein lies the problem , if as you''re suggesting, we''re classing Jackson as a "proven " premiership striker as one of our first choice frontmen (remember he wasnt even on the bench at Fulham, when Vaughan was).....then that surely proves we''re in trouble?

[/quote]

Well, Holt and Jackson look like the best unit clearly. How many goals has Vaughan scored in the championship?

[/quote]

we can compare the relative qualities of Vaughan and Jackson all we like, I personally think Vaughan is clearly a better footballer but the fact is we should have the choice because they should BOTH be here to pick from......sending him out on loan was needless and even more so now knowing that we dont seem to have adequately replaced him.....to move him out of the 25 man squad and keep i.e Martin is madness.

[/quote]

Its 1 GOAL mate thats what you meant to say. 1 GOAL in 4 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. If you want to play the stats game then I''ll win. Jackson has proven himself to be a better footballer for Norwich consistently and Vaughan is being loaned out SPECIFICALLY becaus ehe''s an injury case, and tehrefore pretty useless over a campaign. Martin isn''t the root of all evil, even if you think he is. We will come good, but keep your season ticket at the ready to throw at Chris Hughton, eh.

[/quote]

well if you really want to go down the stats route then Vaughan has scored more goals in the Premiership than Jackson in his Everton days?....so i guess i win?!?. Yes loan him out to gain fitness if thats the reason but only if we get an adequate replacement in first......was a spurs academy player that didnt make the bench today who you had in mind??

[/quote]

Kanes a great striker and I''m sure he''ll prove it to the mentally weak ones present. Your just a stereotype mate, negative fan stereotype.

[/quote]

really?...one thats just spent 10 hours travelling to Newcastle and back today thats slightly concened that our lack of firepower after 2 goals in 5 games might make for a relegation scrap?

[/quote]

That your talking about relegation at this stage in the season is comical, you clearly can''t control your emotions. I think it''d take a longer drive than that to stop you and others being negative just for the sake of it. You''d moan if we were top of the table.

[/quote]

well you said that you could see "light at the end of the tunnel", when i asked you what your strikeforce would be for our next game ,the fact that you mentioned Jackson,I''m afraid says it all......referring to the other post on this thread, which other Premiership side would he get into?!?!?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well you said that you could see "light at the end of the tunnel", when i asked you what your strikeforce would be for our next game ,the fact that you mentioned Jackson,I''m afraid says it all......referring to the other post on this thread, which other Premiership side would he get into?!?!?

[/quote]

Well when he scored against QPR I guess you were shouting about how crap he was then? If he scores against Liverpool next week I''m guessing you''ll just fold your arms in disgust? Get behind the team, you and the rest of your cronies, your an embarressment.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Too late in January anyway. Groundhog day.[/quote]Hopefully some of the legwetters will take note of this and finally stop blubbing that we didn''t get Jordan Bloody Rhodes or CMS!!!!

A small percentage might even get behind the team..

IMHO the game yesterday was crying out for Holt and Jackson to be brought on at c. 65-70 mins.

If we''d have not sent Vaughan on loan I would have brought him on instead of Jackson. No I don''t think Vaughan is the saviour, but his pace would have caused Newcastle''s defence problems in the latter stages.

Like I said I don''t think Vaughan is the saviour, the messiah or whatever. But I fail to see the benefit in sending him on loan and keeping Martin and bringing in Kane.

Vaughan would have given us something upfront that we don''t have, pace.

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well when he scored against QPR I guess you were shouting about how crap he was then? If he scores against Liverpool next week I''m guessing you''ll just fold your arms in disgust? Get behind the team, you and the rest of your cronies, your an embarressment.

[/quote]

well like i said ,I was there today "getting behind the team" as you say (were you?) , as i will whoever wears the yellow shirt, but at the same time i''ve the right to highlight where we''ve got a big problem this season.......if that makes me an "embarrassment" to you, then you''re just going to have to get over that one?!?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]IMHO the game yesterday was crying out for Holt and Jackson to be brought on at c. 65-70 mins. [/quote]But the supply to the forwards wasn''t up to scratch so I''d argue either one of Holt and jackson (leaving Morison on) and Pilkington were the substitutions we needed with circa 30 mins left. If bassong hadn''t been injured then Moro off on 60, Holt and Jackson both on + Pilks.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]IMHO the game yesterday was crying out for Holt and Jackson to be brought on at c. 65-70 mins. [/quote]But the supply to the forwards wasn''t up to scratch so I''d argue either one of Holt and jackson (leaving Morison on) and Pilkington were the substitutions we needed with circa 30 mins left. If bassong hadn''t been injured then Moro off on 60, Holt and Jackson both on + Pilks.[/quote]

I''d have taken Moro and Surman off.

We definitely needed to get 2 strikers on the pitch earlier than we did. Moro was living off scraps, Newcastle''s defence dealt with him fairly easily, often crowding him out.

Two strikers on the pitch, getting in the right positions, in the box, would have given us a better opportunity to score against Newcastle IMHO.

A bit of bravado perhaps, but with 5 or so minutes left had we still been trailing, we could have gone to 3 at the back and pushed Garrido forward to play on the left of midfield.