Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Team for Chelsea?

I think Hughton should be a bit radical and make a few changes for the game on Saturday - just to freshen things up as much as anything..RuddyR Martin  R Bennett   Bassong   GarridoTettey  FoxE Bennett   Butterfield   PilkingtonHoltSubs - Bunn, Barnett, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Morison

Hoolahan has to play instead of Butterfield, but it''s a good formation away from home with defesive stablility in Tettey and Fox and counter attacking pace in Pilkington and Bennett.

Honestly think that''s the way to go.Howson needs dropping for sure.  Bit harsh on Johnson but if Tettey is up to match fitness he is probably a better option.I too would have Hools in the hole instead of Butterfield.Definitely need to see Fox back in the side.It''s quite amazing how the average football fan can''t comprehend how important a passing anchor in midfield is.  Liverpool were top 4 easily when Xabi Alonso was ticking over their midfield...since he''s gone they have lost the plot.  Countless other examples but we really do miss Foxy sitting in there.  Would like to see Fox sitting in front of back four and just being a constant outlet for the back four (needed!) and Tettey to attempt to get forwards and support through the centre.If Bennett is up to speed id rather have him in than Snoddy and same goes for Pilks on the other side.Considering a brum fan was on here the other day saying how CH likes to play with two wingers and overlapping fullbacks i cant see why our full backs aren''t allowed to do this.

[quote user="Pabs"]I think Hughton should be a bit radical and make a few changes for the game on Saturday - just to freshen things up as much as anything..RuddyR Martin  R Bennett   Bassong   GarridoTettey  FoxE Bennett   Butterfield   PilkingtonHoltSubs - Bunn, Barnett, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Morison[/quote]

Sorry I meant this team couldn''t find quote button.

It looks as if Bassong and/or Pilks will be fit, from hints dropped by CH. With this in mind may team would be:

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Barnett Garrido

Bennett or Pilks, Butterfield, Tettey, Wes

Holt Jackson

I don''t think we can afford to play both natural wingers, Pilks and Benno  if there is only one striker to head any crosses - he would be marked out of the game. I also wonder if both Benno and Pilks are fully match fit, and able to last the full game. If I had to choose one of the two it would be Benno because he has demonstrated that he can get back to defend well.

I am not convinced by Jackson as a striker, but I admire the amount of work he gets through, and his pace which worries defences. With Holt and Jacko upfield, Chelsea may have to worry about leaving their defence too thin.

I think that Tettey is a better prospect than Johnson, and I would like to add to our firepower by including Butterfield. The latter likes to run at defences and can shoot with either foot. If he plays just behind the strikers, he could be our surprise packet, but only if match fit.

We have several players recently introduced or else coming back from injury, so the substitutes wil be important. Apart from Bunn, Howson has to be there, and Johnson, Bennett R, Snodgrass and Surman. In addition probably Morison, or Tierney.

Elliot Bennett and Pilks please..... ie:  Pacey wingers!!!!!!!!  ..... and Holt(or Morison) and Jackson.  Let''s get at them.

RUDDY

MARTIN BASSONG BARNETTor BENNETT GARRIDO

TETTEY FOX

HOWSON or BENNETT PILKINGTON

HOOLAHAN

Turner needs to be dropped as he''s been at fault for 6 goals in 3 matches. Hopefully he will improve and gain more confidence. I would give Garrido a chance to improve on the last game. Barnett has played well with Bassong so he may well keep his place although Bennett should be given a chance if Barnett struggles again.

Central Midfield isn''t working properly yet and I think Howson could be better employed higher up the pitch. Should we play one winger or 2? I''m not sure and much depends how fit Pilks is having not played for a while. I would definitely drop Surman and possibly give Snodgrass a rest. Jackson would be the ideal impact sub for the last 20 - 25 mins.

Hopefully Tettey will give our back 4 more protection and Fox''s passing game will open up opposing defences and create more chances.

Whatever happens, we have to stop shipping goals and start converting more of our chances.

[quote user="swjf50"]Forgot to add HOLT''s name to that line up. Morison to come on if Holt tires.[/quote]

Shouldn''t that be ''tyres''.

[quote user="Pabs"]I think Hughton should be a bit radical and make a few changes for the game on Saturday - just to freshen things up as much as anything..RuddyR Martin  R Bennett   Bassong   GarridoTettey  FoxE Bennett   Butterfield   PilkingtonHoltSubs - Bunn, Barnett, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Morison[/quote]That, but Howson for Butterfield.

[quote user="Pabs"]I think Hughton should be a bit radical and make a few changes for the game on Saturday - just to freshen things up as much as anything..RuddyR Martin  R Bennett   Bassong   GarridoTettey  FoxE Bennett   Butterfield   PilkingtonHoltSubs - Bunn, Barnett, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Morison[/quote]

I agree apart from Barnett for Bennett. Creativity and threat as well as defending our suspect defence.Please no more 4-4-2!

4231 for me.                 RuddyMartin  Barnett Bassong Garrido          Tetty       Howson    Bennett  Butterfield   Pilkington                   Jackson Switch to 442 if needed during match.

[quote user="lake district canary"]4231 for me.                 RuddyMartin  Barnett Bassong Garrido          Tetty       Howson    Bennett  Butterfield   Pilkington                   Jackson Switch to 442 if needed during match.

[/quote]Hmmmm.I went to the cup game midweek, and while I thought that both Tettey and Butterfield caught the eye, I am not so sure they are quite ready. Tettey more so than Butterfield though.

Start them and sub them when they run out of steam. It''s not a game we expect anything from so why not have a go.

[quote user="paul moy"]Start them and sub them when they run out of steam. It''s not a game we expect anything from so why not have a go.[/quote]If thats in reply to my post (The quote button is your friend lol) then I''d agree with Tettey, but Butterfield still looked a bit away from being fully match fit.

I''ve assumed that both Bassong and Pilkington are still injured otherwise I have both in the team. Think the midfield needs shaking up.

Ruddy

Garrido - Barnett - R Bennett - R Martin

Snodgrass - Tettey - Fox - E Bennett

Hoolahan

Holt

[quote user="morty"]I thought that both Tettey and Butterfield caught the eye, I am not so sure they are quite ready. Tettey more so than Butterfield though.[/quote]I think we have plenty of midfielders chomping at the bit to get a game so I think Butterfield is one who can be eased back rather than rushed after a long time out.

Tin hat time. If Bassong is not fit.

Barnett has looked good this season ........... when he''s played with Bassong. Unfortunately he has looked as good as he did last season, when he was frozen out, when playing with Turner. I do not think Turner and Barnett should play together and I feel R Bennett should play ........... but with Turner, not Barnett. It''s about time Turner repaid a bit of the faith shown in him by the manager and I feel that at least his experience would be more beneficial for Bennett than having, perhaps, Barnett playing with little confidence, which he would have if things went badly early on, next to him. Additionally to make other changes to the defence and move Martin to centre back could be counter-productive. He is probably doing better at full back than most people expected ..... if it''s not broke don''t mend it, leave him there.

If Bassong is fit, and I really hope he will be, then it''s Bassong and Barnett for me. 

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Bassong Garrido

Bennett Tettey Fox Pilkington

Hoolahan

Morison

[quote user="Wiz"]Does it matter what team? anything less than scum''s 9 nil defeat at Manure will do.[/quote]

really does get on my ***s when people say manure, I HOPE they don''t know how disrespectful it is, and they''re just ignorant.

Otherwise, what ****heads!

Anyway, my chosen team would be;

=============Ruddy

Martin-------Barnett-----Bassong------Garrido

------------------Tettey----Fox-------------------

Snoddy --------------Hoolahan----------Pilks

---------------------------Holt-----------------------