Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

First win after 14 games vs...?

In Worthington''s first season, we got out first win after 14 against Southampton.

This year, our 14th game is against... Southampton.

Spooky!

[quote user="a1canary"]In Worthington''s first season, we got out first win after 14 against Southampton. This year, our 14th game is against... Southampton. Spooky![/quote]

in 2005 we got relegated. In 2012 we will be ..........   SPOOKY

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="a1canary"]In Worthington''s first season, we got out first win after 14 against Southampton. This year, our 14th game is against... Southampton. Spooky![/quote]

[/quote]

Unless the Season ends on 31st December we wont!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we still have three points or thereabouts we will be.   [:D]     The dots were actually there to filled in by others though. I''m not predicting anything but it would be SPOOKY.

As someone else has pointed out elsewhere, it''s amazing we still had the chance to stay up on the last day of the season after going that long without a win.

I''m going for our first win to be against Stoke at home - not that that will be easy by any stretch. That will be game 10. Jeesus. We''re going down aren''t we... :(

[quote user="a1canary"]As someone else has pointed out elsewhere, it''s amazing we still had the chance to stay up on the last day of the season after going that long without a win. I''m going for our first win to be against Stoke at home - not that that will be easy by any stretch. That will be game 10. Jeesus. We''re going down aren''t we... :([/quote]

And with Worthy as manager!! How ever did it happen!

I''ll go for Saturday at The Bridge innit[:O]

Maybe, who knows. But they will be playing on the back of two big games. I hope we have a go because hopefully some players will be rested.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe, who knows. But they will be playing on the back of two big games. I hope we have a go because hopefully some players will be rested.

[/quote]

Ah but don''t forget that Grant Holt won''t be trying as he''ll be saving himself for the long drive up to Carlisle and his run out in the Peter Murphy testimonial the next day.

I really am worried this season about where our first league win will come from, honestly I''m thinking maybe Wigan at home Dec 15th and that''s going to make us miles off the pace, at this stage I''m just hoping that come "survival Sunday" next May we somehow might still be in with a shout.

[quote user="Twitchy"]I really am worried this season about where our first league win will come from, honestly I''m thinking maybe Wigan at home Dec 15th and that''s going to make us miles off the pace, at this stage I''m just hoping that come "survival Sunday" next May we somehow might still be in with a shout.
[/quote]

When we''re away to Man City[:(]

What about if we don''t win at all? Will this board still be here or will it have completely melted down?

Last game of the season, Man City away, what a day to record the first win. The players would be instant heroes. [:O]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]I really am worried this season about where our first league win will come from, honestly I''m thinking maybe Wigan at home Dec 15th and that''s going to make us miles off the pace, at this stage I''m just hoping that come "survival Sunday" next May we somehow might still be in with a shout.[/quote]

When we''re away to Man City[:(]

[/quote]Maybe they will have won the title by then and don''t give a fook, either that or yeah we''re fooked for sure.

Personally I just have a feeling we will get our first win at Villa Park. Failing that though we have Stoke at home and Reading away after that. If we cannot get a win (or even two) out of those three fixtures then we are obviously in real trouble.

In all seriousness, the win has to come from somewhere.  As has been said many times there just are no easy games.   Therefore you have to think that we can win any of the games as they come up.    No-one thought we would beat Spurs at WHL last season - and we didn''t do so bad this time.  A win is a win and we must not pick out games that look more winnable than others.  You have to look at it the way we did last season - you go into any game and try and win it.    I don''t really think Hughton is any different to Lambert in that respect.  You go into a match to try and win it.   Therefore, that match could be this Saturday at Chelsea.  Doesn''t matter who you are playing, or when.

You will want to beat those around you in the league, but ultimately, the points that will keep you up are the points that you get ''unexpectedly''.  Points are points wherever they come from. 

Also, it is too early for this "we''re going down" attitude.  Get up and fight with the team - support needs to be positive, loud and consistent.    I''d rather have a 3/4  filled ground of  positive supporters than a full ground that included 1/4  of  those that have given up already. The place rocks when the fans get going properly.  The alternative would be to put the 25% (or whatever)  doom mongers next to the away fans - then at least all the negative stuff would be coming from the same part of the ground............................

You reiterate what I''ve said LDC.  Every game is there to be won.

The problem in my mind is whether Hughton believes that.

[quote user="paul moy"]

You reiterate what I''ve said LDC.  Every game is there to be won.

The problem in my mind is whether Hughton believes that.

[/quote]

Nice we can agree on something PM.   Imo though, if Hughton didn''t believe every game is there to be won, he wouldn''t  have had the success he has had as a manager.     He is learning about the club still - I think he deserves a little more time and respect in order to be allowed to do his job.   All the anger in the world won''t change anything.   He has a job to do, the players have a job to do.  We all knew it was going to be a difficult season, regardless of who is manager, so the sooner we all get together and recognise this, the sooner Carrow Rd can become a more positive place to be.  All the anger does is lead to bitterness - which helps no-one. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Chelsea will win 6-0 at The Bridge[:(][/quote]

what about the game after that?  you obviously can predict the future, will wiz ever chill out?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Personally I just have a feeling we will get our first win at Villa Park. Failing that though we have Stoke at home and Reading away after that. If we cannot get a win (or even two) out of those three fixtures then we are obviously in real trouble.[/quote]

I too have a sneaky feeling we''ll win at the Vile.Someone on twitter said it would just be like Norwich to kick start the season at Villa Park! I hope we can shift more tickets...

Should have won 2nd game in against feckin'' QPR (and kept a clean sheet), but I''m thinking away at Villa is the big one. Or maybe a surprise at home to the Arse?

I agree that we shouldn''t pick out games we expect to win and those we don''t. Every team loses games that on paper they should win and wins games they ''should'' lose. There will be plenty of surprise results throughout the season.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Was it really that long? Thought it was a about 8 or 9[/quote]According to Statto.com it was the 14th game.