Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Our worse top flight start...EVER!

That''s it. You''ve convinced me. I''m sending back my season ticket and I''m going to step off the nearest tall building.

You actually revel in this don''t you? Look at the avatar and the constant doom-mongering, I''m beginning to think that you enjoy it more when things aren''t going well and there is a name for people like that.

How can you hush it up? It''s there in black and white

We still have another 32 games although I suppose it''s too easy to jump on the ''doom and gloom'' bandwagon isn''t it?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]How can you hush it up? It''s there in black and white We still have another 32 games although I suppose it''s too easy to jump on the ''doom and gloom'' bandwagon isn''t it?[/quote]

There will be some try, just by attacking me and trying to deflect the reality of this.

No, people attack you because you are a troll idiot.QPR and Liverpool have also had their worst starts ever, theres a lot of it about.And frankly its just another boring stat trotted out by Sky Sports to stir the pants of tedious doom-mongers.

[quote user="morty"]No, people attack you because you are a troll idiot.QPR and Liverpool have also had their worst starts ever, theres a lot of it about.And frankly its just another boring stat trotted out by Sky Sports to stir the pants of tedious doom-mongers.[/quote]
You mean it doesn''t mean we''ve had our worst start ever? Great! :D Blimey, I almost panicked then!

So what if we''d have had our best ever start? Would we be thinking we''d be in the running for Europe? No, thought not....

Load of nonsense really. Under Worthington we did not win til the 14th game so c ome back to me after 14 games if we haven;t won and then it will be our worst start. Worth noting that despite not winning a game til the 14th game and not winning away all season that season survival was still in our own hands on the last day of the season so it just goes to show that we should not be panicking about not winning after 6 (or even 8) games.

Looking at our fixtures I think we will have at least 3 wins after 14 games. If we haven''t then I will start to panic.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"][quote user="morty"]No, people attack you because you are a troll idiot.QPR and Liverpool have also had their worst starts ever, theres a lot of it about.And frankly its just another boring stat trotted out by Sky Sports to stir the pants of tedious doom-mongers.[/quote]
You mean it doesn''t mean we''ve had our worst start ever? Great! :D Blimey, I almost panicked then!
[/quote]Glad to be of help[Y]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Load of nonsense really. Under Worthington we did not win til the 14th game so c ome back to me after 14 games if we haven;t won and then it will be our worst start. Worth noting that despite not winning a game til the 14th game and not winning away all season that season survival was still in our own hands on the last day of the season so it just goes to show that we should not be panicking about not winning after 6 (or even 8) games.

Looking at our fixtures I think we will have at least 3 wins after 14 games. If we haven''t then I will start to panic.

[/quote]
Haha, it wouldn''t be about the panic then. It would be about WHY THE BLOODY HELL HAVE WE ONLY WON THREE GAMES IN FOURTEEN!

[quote user="Timmah"]

That''s it. You''ve convinced me. I''m sending back my season ticket and I''m going to step off the nearest tall building.

You actually revel in this don''t you? Look at the avatar and the constant doom-mongering, I''m beginning to think that you enjoy it more when things aren''t going well and there is a name for people like that.

[/quote]

Its interesting watching the way people have reacted to the start of this season. Some people shove their heads in the sand and let 3 draws gloss over the fact that we are playing badly. Some people go to the other extreme and start calling for heads.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, definitely makes life more entertaining!

[quote user="Vazzza"][quote user="Timmah"]

[/quote]

Its interesting watching the way people have reacted to the start of this season. Some people shove their heads in the sand and let 3 draws gloss over the fact that we are playing badly. Some people go to the other extreme and start calling for heads.Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, definitely makes life more entertaining!

[/quote]For me its not about head in sand, more incredulity at the monumental stupidity of wanting a manager sacked after just 6 games.Of course people are concerned, but I fail to see how some of these flappers can actually function in real life, on a daily basis.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Vazzza"][quote user="Timmah"]

[/quote]

Its interesting watching the way people have reacted to the start of this season. Some people shove their heads in the sand and let 3 draws gloss over the fact that we are playing badly. Some people go to the other extreme and start calling for heads.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, definitely makes life more entertaining!

[/quote]

For me its not about head in sand, more incredulity at the monumental stupidity of wanting a manager sacked after just 6 games.

Of course people are concerned, but I fail to see how some of these flappers can actually function in real life, on a daily basis.
[/quote]

How can you say that with our fantastic recent record in that area?  Fans turned against Worthy and we got Grant. Fans turned against Grant and we got Roeder. Fans turned against Roeder and we got Gunn.

Who wants stability when we can have upheaval and the lottery of whether the next one works out any better? [;)]

So Wiz, will you be heading the ''Hughton out'' march at the Arsenal game?

Maybe you should get a giant banner done, and lay it out on the middle of the pitch for everyone to see. You could also add *And Delia at the bottom, kill two birds with one stone...

Basically if we keep starting with the Leeds trio in midfield and the headless chicken Jackson up front then we are basically facing the drop end of.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Vazzza"][quote user="Timmah"]

[/quote]

Its interesting watching the way people have reacted to the start of this season. Some people shove their heads in the sand and let 3 draws gloss over the fact that we are playing badly. Some people go to the other extreme and start calling for heads.Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, definitely makes life more entertaining!

[/quote]For me its not about head in sand, more incredulity at the monumental stupidity of wanting a manager sacked after just 6 games.Of course people are concerned, but I fail to see how some of these flappers can actually function in real life, on a daily basis.[/quote]

How can you say that with our fantastic recent record in that area?  Fans turned against Worthy and we got Grant. Fans turned against Grant and we got Roeder. Fans turned against Roeder and we got Gunn.

Who wants stability when we can have upheaval and the lottery of whether the next one works out any better? [;)]

[/quote]Roy Keane is available.I''m just saying.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Haha, it wouldn''t be about the panic then. It would be about WHY THE BLOODY HELL HAVE WE ONLY WON THREE GAMES IN FOURTEEN!

[/quote]

Perhaps the fact that we played Gary Doherty as a striker until we got Ashton might just explain things. We have many better strikers here than Doherty at the moment so 3 points is unforgiveable IMO.

Funny how it''s ok to compare with history regarding what happened when fans ''turned against'' previous managers, but NOT when comparing Hughton''s start with other starts![;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Fans turned against Gunn and we got What''shisname?[;)][/quote]More a case of McNally taking out the trash[;)]

[quote user="Timmah"]

[/quote]

You are either alluding to a deep seated psychological issue which needs to be addressed or something beginning with the letter ''C''

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Fans turned against Gunn and we got What''shisname?[;)][/quote]

More a case of McNally taking out the trash[;)]
[/quote]

McNally! Now that is an interesting one. He''s never had to handle anything but unbelievable success since he''s been here. How long will it be before we hear McNally Out? How much good will has he banked from the fans? How long before he becomes an integral part of little ol'' Norwich?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Fans turned against Gunn and we got What''shisname?[;)][/quote]More a case of McNally taking out the trash[;)][/quote]

McNally! Now that is an interesting one. He''s never had to handle anything but unbelievable success since he''s been here. How long will it be before we hear McNally Out? How much good will has he banked from the fans? How long before he becomes an integral part of little ol'' Norwich?

[/quote]You know what you have just done, haven''t you?Oh well, it will give him a rest from Hughton / Delia bashing.

A good anecdotal reminder Beau.  Also, there is a lot of evidence that changing managers may make a very shortterm difference but ordinarily makes little or no long term difference to the team''s performance.   I accept that Lambert was a very extraordinary exception to that but the greater truth is that the team what it was under Worthy and it was the fourth successor who turned it round.

McNally is not stupid.  He appointed Hughton for various reasons and to a plan.  If he stops believing in Hughton then things will happen but he sees the man regularly and has much more idea than us.  We have no choice but to leave it in McNally''s hands and see how it develops but given McNally''s ability, I''m actually content with that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Fans turned against Gunn and we got What''shisname?[;)][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And there''s the rub. Hughton was very much McNally''s appointment, creating a bit of a conundrum for those who have deified our Chief Executive so far. If Hughton is such a disaster the buck stops at an inconvenient place.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know what you have just done, haven''t you?

Oh well, it will give him a rest from Hughton / Delia bashing.
[/quote]

But was Hughton a McNally appointment or was he Delia''s man?

Just asking.

[:|]