Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report Fans Forum

Ricardo arrived at the Norfolk Lounge at 7.05 pm to partake of pre forum refreshment. Still no Peroni on offer so it was a pint a of Grolsch as a fair substitute. With Bowkett, McNally and CH in attendance we kicked of at about 7.35 with McNally re-iterating the aims of the club. Then on to Bowkett who revealed that the only aim this year was to retain Premiership status. He said relegation would mean a 75% reduction in turnover and also that we were in fact close to administration 3 yrs ago. (so Wiz was correct)On to questions and the first subject was ground expansion. Several people spoke of the advantages of increasing capacity but Ricardo got the impression that the board had cooled somewhat on this prospect. In a nutshell, the UEA research had shown demand was there but the technical problems were such that we were looking at several more years of Premiership income before anything was likely to happen.Questions were asked about the release of Vaughan on loan and CH explained that he felt he needed a run of competitive games to prove his fitness and he couldn''t guarentee that at CR. However if he had a decent season he would come back a better player. Next we went on to formations and CH said he preferred a flat four in midfield but was not rigid in this and was open to changing things as and when personnel and circumstances required. T be honest I was very impressed with CH throughout this evening and I didn''t get the impression that he was dogmatic about playing one up front etc. He also gave a convincing explanation as to why he subbed Jacko on Saturday. Then Bowkett answered the inevitable question about Lambert''s resignation. Apparently he flew back from the Isle of Man when Lambert gave him a 3 hour ultimatum to be allowed to talk to Villa. It seems Lambert couldn''t wait and just walked. We are taking Villa to a tribunal but the big news of the night was that Lambert is taking us to a tribunal claiming constructive dismissal and £2 million compo!!!! Interesting legal tussle ahead it seems.Following this there was more talk about the problems of fitting Wes into the system and although CH admired his attacking qualities there were other things to consider. The question was asked about whether we tried to get Naughton and the answer was the asking price was too much. No players have ever refused to come to Norwich and although there was a budget cap, there was no wage cap.At the end CH said although he was disappointed with the Fulham and Liverpool results he thought in the rest of the games we had played well and probably should have been a couple of points better off than we are now. This would have given a truer reflection of where we are as a team (Ricardo whole-heartedly agrees with that sentiment).In finishing CH said he was happy here and looked forward to bringing us better results.Hopefully I got most of the main points down but if I missed anything it was because the Grolsch is rather unkind on the bladder and Ricardo had to make two unscheduled visits to the starting stalls.

Whoops! forgot to mention that there were complaints about the Spurs ticket pricing. McNally said he understood but price was 40% cheaper than the league game and also all money would be going into the transfer budget.

I do enjoy your reports Ricardo, but what were your overall feelings? Were you convinced by them? Or would you rather be convinced by actions?

A good informative post regarding the Fan''s Forum :)

On the subject of our manager i too have this feeling that in Hughton we have ourselves a good manager that for one reason or another is still finding his feet, probably does deserve to have a win under his belt in the Prem already but for bad finishing!!!

I hope Hughton finds that magic formula to knit our squad back together and bring the performances and results we need to compete in this league... massive 3 or 4 games coming up!!! Otbc

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]I do enjoy your reports Ricardo, but what were your overall feelings? Were you convinced by them? Or would you rather be convinced by actions?[/quote]I have said before that I have been impressed with Bowkett and McNally. Those of us who have been to many AGM''s over the years will remember the amateur stuff from previous Chairmen and CE''s. I firmly believe we are in good hands with those two.  Bowkett said something that surprised me tonight about Delia and MWJ. He said that in proportion to their wealth they had backed the club to a far greater extent than any other owners in the Premier League.As to CH, he strikes me as a thoughtful and genuine guy. He is also a much better speaker than Paul Lambert ever was. I believe he will be a success at this club even if things are a bit hairy at the moment. 

Top posts mate, I''ll sleep on these thoughts - been a big night for the club. Wish I knew more about the situation we''re in!

Thanks Ricardo.  I hope that the critics of Smith & Jones take note of the weatlh propotionality stat - I have argued this before but to no avail.

However not yet as convinced as you on Bowkett and McNasty.  The Spurs pricing is potentially misreading fans current feeling towards cup competitions.  But the comment on Lambert strikes me as being theatre rather than necessary!  Was Bowkett composed when dropping that bombshell - this smacks of diversionary tactics to me.  However no sense of that from your measured report.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Thanks for the report Ricardo, any chance you could tell us why Jacko was subbed please?[/quote]Yeah, no problem, CH felt that the second goal just before half time had changed the game so that he had no choice but to go a bit longer and try to get more crosses into the box. He felt Holt and Morison would therefore be the more effective combination. If that great chance just after the break had gone in instead of hitting our own player he might have been proved right.

cheers for that Mr R, well done

"Apparently he flew back from the Isle of Man when Lambert gave him a 3 hour ultimatum to be allowed to talk to Villa. It seems Lambert couldn''t wait and just walked."

Does rather blow a large hole in some of the ridiculous squeaks elsewhere in this forum on this matter. Not sure if lambert was on a huge salary so any compensation to us might not be that big either.

"I have said before that I have been impressed with Bowkett and McNally. Those of us who have been to many AGM''s over the years will remember the amateur stuff from previous Chairmen and CE''s. I firmly believe we are in good hands with those two"

my sentiments exactly - I would have loved to have seen their treatment Fry of when he came wheezing up the stairs at Carrow Rd hoping to get his podgy little hands n a few more quid for CMS

" Bowkett said something that surprised me tonight about Delia and MWJ. He said that in proportion to their wealth they had backed the club to a far greater extent than any other owners in the Premier League."

perhaps someone could remind us all who it was claimed numerous times that those two were actually ''stealing'' money from the club

[quote user="ricardo"].As to CH, he strikes me as a thoughtful and genuine guy. He is also a much better speaker than Paul Lambert ever was. I believe he will be a success at this club even if things are a bit hairy at the moment.  [/quote]He may be a better speaker than Lambert, but is he a better manager Ricardo? I think not, but only time will tell.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Thanks Ricardo.  I hope that the critics of Smith & Jones take note of the weatlh propotionality stat - I have argued this before but to no avail.

However not yet as convinced as you on Bowkett and McNasty.  The Spurs pricing is potentially misreading fans current feeling towards cup competitions.  But the comment on Lambert strikes me as being theatre rather than necessary!  Was Bowkett composed when dropping that bombshell - this smacks of diversionary tactics to me.  However no sense of that from your measured report.

[/quote]Bowkett seemed serious about it and more or less said "bring it on" (the tribunal). He also said Lambert has walked out on every club he has managed but even so he was still happy for the 3 yrs success we had.. He is just disappointed that PL ended it the way he did.

[quote user="Steady On..."]Why do you refer to yourself in the third person like the rock?[/quote]

I think I have explained this before. Being a Gemini, I''m never too sure of which one I am.

[quote user="ricardo"]Bowkett seemed serious about it and more or less said "bring it on" (the tribunal). He also said Lambert has walked out on every club he has managed but even so he was still happy for the 3 yrs success we had.. He is just disappointed that PL ended it the way he did.[/quote]Remind you of somebody called Robbie ?

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Was it a true fans forum or the David McNally Show?[/quote]Sounds like it was the usual window lickers comedy show to me, but what else do you expect?

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Was it a true fans forum or the David McNally Show?[/quote]

Turn up and you might find out.

"Sounds like it was the usual window lickers comedy show to me, but what else do you expect?"

so why read the thread ?

[quote user="ricardo"]

On to questions and the first subject was ground expansion. Several people spoke of the advantages of increasing capacity but Ricardo got the impression that the board had cooled somewhat on this prospect. In a nutshell, the UEA research had shown demand was there but the technical problems were such that we were looking at several more years of Premiership income before anything was likely to happen.

[/quote]

Thanks, Ricardo. That rather seems to confirm what I posted after McNally''s webchat a couple of weeks ago that the language was markedly less bullish on the subject than in the past - we might  look at some kind of expansion after we had become established in the Premier League (whatever that means) rather than we would definitely look at an extra 8,000 seats  if we stayed up this season.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Was it a true fans forum or the David McNally Show?[/quote]

Turn up and you might find out.[/quote]Exactly.Good report, and pretty much how I saw it[Y]

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]I''ve been to other events with McNally speaking and he only ever tells fans what he wants them to know not what they want to know[/quote]So what was it that you wanted to know, that he wouldn''t tell you about?

[quote user="City1st"] 

so why read the thread ?

[/quote]It''s entertaining. You lot can be quite funny when you''re trying to be serious.

"You lot can be quite funny when you''re trying to be serious"

unlike yourself who appears quite serious even when you are trying to be funny

Really hope Bowkett can back the Lambert 2 mill thing up cos everyone has scooped it up already, BBC Sky etc. if not we are gonna like the fooking laughing stock not for the first time.

[quote user="Steady On..."]Why do you refer to yourself in the third person like the rock?[/quote]I think I mentioned this before.  When is was Junior School we had an English teacher who did the same when he got annoyed with misbehaving pupils...it scared  the shit out of us.