Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Does anyone really think that the club

.... is going to be wringing it''s cap and hoping that we can ''stay up'',

snivellin'' and being ever so ''umble in hope we can achieve 17th place ?

Or that we will continue where we finished last season

Fighting to finish as high up as we can ?

ps a clue might have been seen this afternoon when we equalised and and were still pushing on for the win

[quote user="City1st"]

ps a clue might have been seen this afternoon when we equalised and and were still pushing on for the win

[/quote]Superb this afternoon but Ricardo always gets nervous. After 58 years of watching City you''d think I would be used to it by now, perhaps I''m just a worry guts.

Sadly city1st the whingers and whiners will always find something to pick apart ''We didn''t take our chances-going down'' or the classic ''we didn''t win, those points will always count at the end!''.

Good to see they are not festering around today, perhaps there is not for them to pick apart today...

Superb this afternoon but Ricardo always gets nervous. After 58 years of watching City you''d think I would be used to it by now, perhaps I''m just a worry guts.

That''s a blow Ricardo. I am a mere apprentice to you and have only been watching City since 1972. I was rather hoping I was going to grow out of the nervous bit. [:)]

Shouldn''t be too much to worry about.

Johnson and Barnett have both improved immensely, Garrido is the left back we have needed (even last season) as is Bassong in the middle

Looking at today and knowing that we have Bennett(E), Butterfield and Tettey to come in along with Kane and it ain''t looking too bad.

Off the pitch the club is pushing on, so it''s time to be optimistic and time to enjoy being a City fan

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Superb this afternoon but Ricardo always gets nervous. After 58 years of watching City you''d think I would be used to it by now, perhaps I''m just a worry guts.

That''s a blow Ricardo. I am a mere apprentice to you and have only been watching City since 1972. I was rather hoping I was going to grow out of the nervous bit. [:)]

[/quote]It never goes away Beardy. But then you wouldn''t want it too would you?

but don''t all clubs aim to finish as high as they can?

i doubt wigan were saying, "well if we lose the next 2 games and finish the season on a draw, then that''ll get us 16th place."

it doesn''t happen, we are trying to be sustainable and yet still be competative in the prem, surely thats only sensible. 

" Good to see they are not festering around today, perhaps there is not for them to pick apart today... "

I''ll try .. Johnson. Utter c__p. No less than TWO shots blazed over the bar when all had to do was stroke it into the net. And it WAS him wasn''t it, who just stopped running and gave the Spurs player a free run on goal from which they scored... Lucky to be bailed out by the rest of the team, but he cost us 2 points. Of course he won''t care if those 2 pints relegate us, he''ll still have his fat paycheck. Get rid a.s.a.p.

"but don''t all clubs aim to finish as high as they can?"

clearly you have not been reading many of the threads on here

[quote user="Surfer"]

I''ll try .. Johnson. Utter c__p. No less than TWO shots blazed over the bar when all had to do was stroke it into the net. And it WAS him wasn''t it, who just stopped running and gave the Spurs player a free run on goal from which they scored... Lucky to be bailed out by the rest of the team, but he cost us 2 points. Of course he won''t care if those 2 pints relegate us, he''ll still have his fat paycheck. Get rid a.s.a.p.

[/quote]

LOL!!!

[quote user="Surfer"]" Good to see they are not festering around today, perhaps there is not for them to pick apart today... "

I''ll try .. Johnson. Utter c__p. No less than TWO shots blazed over the bar when all had to do was stroke it into the net. And it WAS him wasn''t it, who just stopped running and gave the Spurs player a free run on goal from which they scored... Lucky to be bailed out by the rest of the team, but he cost us 2 points. Of course he won''t care if those 2 pints relegate us, he''ll still have his fat paycheck. Get rid a.s.a.p.[/quote]Did you actually watch the game ?

[quote user="City1st"]

Johnson and Barnett have both improved immensely, Garrido is the left back we have needed (even last season) as is Bassong in the middle

Looking at today and knowing that we have Bennett(E), Butterfield and Tettey to come in along with Kane and it ain''t looking too bad.

Off the pitch the club is pushing on, so it''s time to be optimistic and time to enjoy being a City fan

[/quote]

He looks absolute quality. From what I''ve seen so far I think he has the potential to be the best since Bowen.

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Now I would have thought all the clubs in this league will be fighting to finish as high up as they can, and the outcome of the fight is a measure of the club''s ability as well as desire.

And old Bor would have been a little more chipper if that winning goal had come, but I never did think much of that Villas-Boas and he''ll be out of the door before they''ve unwrapped their Christmas presents (if Jews celebrate Christmas, I must say I don''t know about that.)

The question was what some on here think, rather than what the club''s approach is

do keep up 

[quote user="City1st"]

"but don''t all clubs aim to finish as high as they can?"

clearly you have not been reading many of the threads on here

[/quote]

clearly

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Blimey - have you got LDC round for tea tonight City 1st? :-)

Only kidding - good to see!...

Bor, Jews celebrate Hanukkah, not Christmas.  You could always read about it on the internet if you were that interested.Agree with City1st that certain players look much better for the threat of competition for places.

[quote user="Wiz"]Today I saw light in the tunnel and an end to my relegation fears.[/quote]A bit too soon for that Wiz. Lots of water to flow through the Bascule Bridge before we can be sure of that.

"Agree with City1st that certain players look much better for the threat of competition for places

err, don''t think I said that

[quote user="City1st"]

"Agree with City1st that certain players look much better for the threat of competition for places

err, don''t think I said that

[/quote]Why do you think "Johnson and Barnett have improved immensely"?

"Probably just the missus opening the curtains"

I hope that''s not some kind euphimism

I''m far more optimistic after the last 3 games (including the great win over Scunny ofcourse!)

To be honest we were the team in the ascendancy in the last 2 games and should of won both but I think most realistic Norwich fans would of taken a draw before todays game!

My only concern is that we''re weaker upfront than we were last season. We are relying on staying injury free. If we lost Holt and Morison for a length of time then we''d really struggle. In my opinion Wilbraham and Vaughen should still be at the club in order to have strength in numbers. Chris Martin in my opinion doesn''t come into the aquation cause he is nowhere near Premiership standard and heres hoping that the boy Kane is as good as what fellow Spurs loanee Naughton was for us last season!