Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Fantastic dealings in this transfer window.

Eight signings - Bassong, Tettey, Garrido, Butterfield, Snodgrass,  Turner, Whittaker, Bunn.   A good deal of strengthening done and several will be in the starting line up each week.  

Can we just get the transfer window out of our heads and carry on as good positive supporters.   Holt WILL score goals - he always has and always will - it is what he does.   He will have plenty of support from midfield with Snodders and Butterfield and the others.    I am frankly staggered at the noise made by afew  - who I believe are Norwich supporters -  but who just don''t seem to get it.   

Eight signings!!   Plenty of goals in there too.    Now can we get on with the season and supporting our team??

Agree. Good deals done early.

Too much hype over doing everything on deadline day.

That said, I would like a cheeky last minute striker

Sorry LDC, can''t share your optimism this time. We are very lightweight up front...and our attacking midfielder missed two sitters last week...a game we should have won. But we haven''t seen all eight of them yet...so there you go...imo not enough strikers sorry

It''s not over yet, but :

No first team players lost - Good - there was the suggestion of a cheeky double bid by Southampton for Holt and Hoolahan on twitter, but this might just be a daft rumour. No doubt that we have players other teams want, and we have kept them.

Only 3 strikers - Bad - What if 2 of them get injured ? How do you get any kind of decent striker in on an emergency loan ? Less of a problem if there is a lot of goals coming from the midfield, but we have to hope the main men up front stay fit unless there is something on the boil in the next 35 minutes.

Yep spot on LDC. I''ll be disappointed if we don''t add another striker, however, we are NOT "certainly relegated" as some posters have suggested. I think we will find it more difficult without another forward option, but the midfield are all capable of 6 or 7 goals each so we''re not going to be totally toothless as some seem to think. Definitely not the end of the world.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Eight signings - Bassong, Tettey, Garrido, Butterfield, Snodgrass,  Turner, Whittaker, Bunn.   A good deal of strengthening done and several will be in the starting line up each week.  

Can we just get the transfer window out of our heads and carry on as good positive supporters.   Holt WILL score goals - he always has and always will - it is what he does.   He will have plenty of support from midfield with Snodders and Butterfield and the others.    I am frankly staggered at the noise made by afew  - who I believe are Norwich supporters -  but who just don''t seem to get it.   

Eight signings!!   Plenty of goals in there too.    Now can we get on with the season and supporting our team??

Great post

[/quote]

Agree with Flecky.  We needed another goalscorer.  Holt will do well to get 10, Morrison seems scared of his own shadow, Jacko and Martin are not Prem class...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Sorry LDC, can''t share your optimism this time. We are very lightweight up front...and our attacking midfielder missed two sitters last week...a game we should have won. But we haven''t seen all eight of them yet...so there you go...imo not enough strikers sorry[/quote]

First time I''ve read that our strikers are lightweight!   [:)]  Holt would be pleased to hear you say that!

we have certainly strengthened midfield defence and keepers and overall teh squad has more strength in depth and meets mcnallys improve every transfer window criteria.

On that basis we are certainly not auto relegation fodder.

However we do have to improve our goal threat from the first two games and close season, where we are currently powder puff, and in morison jackson and holt we only have three strikers - that is definitely worse than last season.

Jackson plays in fits and starts, CH not fancy morison and holt takes until Oct to get up to match speed.

That hardly screams a better goal threat than last year - and has to last us until mid jan.

LDC, spot on. We started slow last season and gain momentum. We have added to those players, not lost. Vaughan & Wilbrham were not impact players yet we have Martin back, who did have a previous partnership with Holt in the lower leagues. Lambert just fell out with him, it could be rekindled, find some form and who knows.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"] That hardly screams a better goal threat than last year - and has to last us until mid jan.[/quote]
Are we not allowed to sign anyone when the window opens at the start of Jan then [;)]

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Agree with Flecky.  We needed another goalscorer.  Holt will do well to get 10, Morrison seems scared of his own shadow, Jacko and Martin are not Prem class...

[/quote]

I think Holt will exceed 10 - but I agree with all your other comments! We need 2 new strikers; have we not had any bids for Morison, Jackson or C. Martin?

ROBFLECK wrote:

Sorry LDC, can''t share your optimism this time. We are very lightweight up front...and our attacking midfielder missed two sitters last week...a game we should have won. But we haven''t seen all eight of them yet...so there you go...imo not enough strikers sorry

First time I''ve read that our strikers are lightweight! Holt would be pleased to hear you say that!

Yes you can laugh all you want, but he''s not gonna score 17 goals again,..neither is Morrison...imho Tell me your options when one of them gets injured? What do you think of Martin as a prem striker against Kompany or even Caldwell... Sorry...but...no go

I reckon most PL managers and defences have thought out a way of playing him ...hardly looked prodigous against QPRse did he? I''m sorry, I can''t give you a 100% answer, but I don''t think so mate. Unless he scores 5 in the next eague cup game against Doncaster

kick it off - half the season has gone by then - do we want to possibly play catch up due to a poor decision??

Blah seems to have grasped it - best post on here all night

Can''t share anyone''s optimism tbh. I feel pretty fed up. There is no guarantee whatsoever Holt will score enough goals this time, especially being 31. Moro looks disinterested at the moment and that''s now a big worry for me, Jackson has a great work rate but he''s not got the goals in him on a regular basis and as for Martin, he simply isn''t good enough. Then if we get injuries, then we will be f*cked. It is early days yet but it''s not looking good in my opinion. Just saying.

kane finally gives the squad a much better balance; for that thanks should go to morison for staying and to the club for significantly improving the goalkeeper, back 4 and midfield options.

How many of the signings will come off is as always impossible to tell but kane tips the balance in giving us a much better structured squad.

CH now has to transform this potential into performance - starting today

COYY

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]Before you joined this board, did you by any chance work for a newspaper in North Korea or China?

Before you joined this board, did you by any chance work for a newspaper in North Korea or China?

Classic brilliant Mr Chops...

About time some one added some balance to the postings, we have signed good players and some like Snodgrass who IMO has the potential to improve greratly with Prem experience and score goals for us. It`s not all doom and gloom because no big name striker has been signed, we are a better team than last season so get behind the lads and support them!

Tettey - Surplust to requirements by an average French side

Butterfield - unproven and potentially injury prone.

Whittaker - most rangers fans glad to see the back of him. ( that''s a Scottish 3rd division side)

Kane - unproven teenager. Why not use our academy players?

Garrido - couldn''t get a game at lazio and kept out the man c team by the mighty Michael ball.

Bassong - relegated from the premier league with two clubs. Coincidence? Probably not.

Bunn - pointless signing when we have two of England''s hottest young keepers in reserve

Snodgrass and Turner are the only two signings that really improve out squad. Our transfer dealings in short have been pathetic for a premier league club. The least ambition in the premier league deserves to be rewarded with relegation.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Eight signings - Bassong, Tettey, Garrido, Butterfield, Snodgrass,  Turner, Whittaker, Bunn.   A good deal of strengthening done and several will be in the starting line up each week.   Can we just get the transfer window out of our heads and carry on as good positive supporters.   Holt WILL score goals - he always has and always will - it is what he does.   He will have plenty of support from midfield with Snodders and Butterfield and the others.    I am frankly staggered at the noise made by afew  - who I believe are Norwich supporters -  but who just don''t seem to get it.    Eight signings!!   Plenty of goals in there too.    Now can we get on with the season and supporting our team??

[/quote]

Before you joined this board, did you by any chance work for a newspaper in North Korea or China?

[/quote]

Ahh-sohle.....

Did you go to CR and see Garrido and Bassong play last week Lincoln? I assume you didn`t because if you had you would not be quite so eager to label them pathetic! If you did go and hold the same view then you have not got much of a clue to be honest.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Did you go to CR and see Garrido and Bassong play last week Lincoln? I assume you didn`t because if you had you would not be quite so eager to label them pathetic! If you did go and hold the same view then you have not got much of a clue to be honest.[/quote]

Yes I went and thought QPR were awfull. Let''s see how they far today shall we?