Sign in to follow this  
Billabong

Pilkington Punture Ordeal

Poor old Pilks, stuck by the roadside for hours, waiting to be rescued!

Good to see him using his initiative though and watching a Batman film, while he waited those lonely hours.

I wonder if there was any part of the Batman film, where Batman explains to Robin, that when the Batmobile gets a puncture, all you need to do is undo 5 bolts & get the spare wheel out of the boot?

Can''t even change a tyre?? Call yourself a man, pah? :)Should have had Holty in the car. He would have had a full set of Toyo''s on it before you could say "My car''s a bit wobbly when I go above 70"!

It is somewhat ironic considering Holty''s past job, maybe he should offer a short course on basic tyre maintenance and fitting for the rest of the squad!

Was definitely a Land Rover, read it again. Vaughan was driving the Porsche...

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Herman "]A Land Rover 4x4 can''t get over a pothole? Shoddy![/quote]

Considering he was driving a Porsche...
[/quote]

What I.S said....

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Herman "]A Land Rover 4x4 can''t get over a pothole? Shoddy![/quote]Considering he was driving a Porsche...[/quote]

What I.S said....

[/quote]Soz should read properly instead of a quick skim.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a golfing buddy of mine a couple of weeks ago. I asked Ralph what he was doing over the next couple of days. He said he was spending some time with his two grandsons teaching them how to change a tire on the car as well as how to do a proper wax job. I said that''s great and asked how old his grandsons were. He said they were 23 and 21. That seemed rather sad to me. Perhaps there''s a market opportunity there for the video games developers to come up with a game of car chases where the car breaks down and the only means of escape is to repair it.

Before you continue taking the p%ss out of Pilks, did he carry a lump hammer?  I only mention this because I got a puncture on the front left of my Espace about two years ago, and although I jacked it up properly I could not get it the wheel off the hub.  Had to resort to calling the RAC, and survive the taunts of some of Hull''s finest.  The RAC bloke on turning up said in a condescending manner "one tap and I''ll have it off".  31 very heavy blows of his lump hammer later he finally budged it and got it off.  I suppose the only lesson really is to regularly take off the wheels just in case I get another puncture, but there really aren''t enough hours in the day for that!

[quote user="York Canary"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Just heard the news God I hope Pilks is okay after that ordeal my thoughts are with his family.[/quote]

lmao

[/quote]Indeed York as did I when I seen the hot off the press NEWS on the front page..............Saturday can''t come quick enough I feel.

Not wishing to over dramatise my amazement but just finished watching those amazing people in the paralympics to look at this story on the PC and it''s only served to re-enforce my disgust at profesional football and the material worlds those associated live in. It makes me ashamed to be a follower of football in general.

Can''t change a tyre incase he gets his t-shirt dirty? The fact that it justified a story in the first place and to be described as an ordeal?

I thought that what we had witnessed over the last month would change the mindsets, outlooks and perceptions of the sporting and non-sporting community for a long time. It turns out it couldn''t even bring someone to change their tyre.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Not wishing to over dramatise my amazement but just finished watching those amazing people in the paralympics to look at this story on the PC and it''s only served to re-enforce my disgust at profesional football and the material worlds those associated live in. It makes me ashamed to be a follower of football in general.

Can''t change a tyre incase he gets his t-shirt dirty? The fact that it justified a story in the first place and to be described as an ordeal?

I thought that what we had witnessed over the last month would change the mindsets, outlooks and perceptions of the sporting and non-sporting community for a long time. It turns out it couldn''t even bring someone to change their tyre.

[/quote]

Wow some people take things a bit seriously. Kids don''t get taught how to change wheels these days, I only know because I got my dad to show me, perhaps they should make it a compulsory part of your driving test?

Pilks I doubt was actually concerned about getting his t-shirt dirty, but even if he was, so what? He pays for the RAC so its his right to call them.

We live in a world of convenience more and more.

If we have money and can easily pay someone else to do the job, why should we do it ourselves?

This is the attitude of most today and I completely agree with the ''changing a tire should be on the drivers test'' idea.

I suppose part of the problem here is , if he did his back in changing the tyre and reported back to training unable to play wouldn''t be good.

However, his other option is to think before he tweets (where have we heard that before talking of tyre''s) and not tell the whole world he couldnt be arsed to change his own tyre !

The upside is if he cracked his Alloy he needs a new one so he might just try to get his goal bonus in the next match.

The obvious solution would have been to take his shirt off.  I''m sure he''d have had at least half a dozen of Norfolk''s finest ladies stopping to offer him assistance. [;)]

Apparently, Man. Utd. employ one or more handymen whose job it is to be at the beck and call of their squad to undertake any jobs they are not capable of doing. It was reported in one newspaper that Rooney called a handyman out to change a lightbulb as he had no idea how to do it and another player, I can''t recall who, called the handyman out because he couldn''t work out why the lead on his new electric razor (with two pins) wouldn''t fit into a three-pin electrical socket. The poor little loves.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

Apparently, Man. Utd. employ one or more handymen whose job it is to be at the beck and call of their squad to undertake any jobs they are not capable of doing. It was reported in one newspaper that Rooney called a handyman out to change a lightbulb as he had no idea how to do it and another player, I can''t recall who, called the handyman out because he couldn''t work out why the lead on his new electric razor (with two pins) wouldn''t fit into a three-pin electrical socket. The poor little loves.

[/quote]Strange they don''t need a ''handyman'' help park the porpoise in their illicit extra martial affairs.  [8-)] 

Some of you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? A light-hearted story about a slightly comedic story involving one of our players during the international break when there''s not a lot of other Norwich-related stories going on? Can''t see the problem myself! The tweet about the shirt seemed to me to be laughing at himself and as though he was trying to make a joke out of it - pretending that he did know how to change a tyre, the only thing stopping him was his shirt (rather than the actual reason)!

If anything, I''d say it''s quite nice to see one of our players being able to tweet about it in a fairly humble and slightly self-mocking way.

Having said that, the use of the word "lefted" in the caption to the first picture is slightly less suitable for the homepage of the pink''un!

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="York Canary"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Just heard the news God I hope Pilks is okay after that ordeal my thoughts are with his family.
[/quote]

lmao

[/quote]
Indeed York as did I when I seen the hot off the press NEWS on the front page..............Saturday can''t come quick enough I feel.
[/quote]

Likewise mate, likewise. Really dragging now..

You would think a football player, with an average IQ [IQ of a football player that is] , watching a Batman movie would get some inspiration.

Batman oooodles initiative, practicality, problem solving and is always full of ideas and strategies.

Perhaps it''s just me but until English footballers wise up and grow up, England''s chances of winning a World Cup are about as likely as Pilks finding his spare wheel in his boot!

Unfortunately money has often taken away the need to use ones initiative and look at alternative options.

How good would it have been, if Pilks had said - "I''ve never had to change a wheel before but I was stuck in the middle of nowhere and decided to give it a go! - "only 5 wheel nuts, the spare was in the boot and I was back on the road in 10 mins"

Pilks would have looked like a winner!

Instead........... Pilks looked like an Immature,predictable, overpaid, English, footballer, with no idea. No wonder England win Jack sh*t!

Right, so we''ve gone from a light-hearted story about a Norwich player puncturing his tyre and calling a serviceman for help to judging the state of football in general, particularly how all (yeah right) English footballers are selfish lazy and incompetent?
Some people on here drive mu fu***ing crazy with their level of stupidity.