Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Chill Out!

Take time out and start having some consideration for other posters.   We are all guilty from time to time of getting involved in little or larger spats on here.   However, some of it recently is getting well OT.    I''ve tried to comment on several recent posts but comment is getting completely lost in the pathetic ramblings of certain posters.    The in fighting is spoiling things.   A little bit is understandable - but the balance is going to far towards one side.    We have one or two recent  trolls who are baiting ceratin posters - and there are some older posters who quite frankly should know better.

Come on lads, just think before you have a go.     Bly is one that gets picked on - even though his threads are often harmless and  good for discussion.  You can''t get more than afew posts in before the thread is spoilt.    Its getting ridiculous.    Who cares if a thread is on the same subject as another?   Sometimes a thread will appear similar but will have a slightly different slant to it that will take a discussion in a different direction.  

I suspect we all like to think we are entertaining and funny sometimes - and there''s nothing wrong with that - but  jokes sometimes go too far.  Certainly old rivalries are going too far at the moment.   So please can we all think about it?    Don''t be taken in by trolls and if you are cetain posters who attack another poster just because they are posting - you are spoiling it for others - and actually,  it''s quite sad.

Live and let live - as long as you are not spoiling it for others.   Comment on other posters on the merit of their posts, not on your prejudice about the poster. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Take time out and start having some consideration for other posters.   We are all guilty from time to time of getting involved in little or larger spats on here.   However, some of it recently is getting well OT.    I''ve tried to comment on several recent posts but comment is getting completely lost in the pathetic ramblings of certain posters.    The in fighting is spoiling things.   A little bit is understandable - but the balance is going to far towards one side.    We have one or two recent  trolls who are baiting ceratin posters - and there are some older posters who quite frankly should know better.

Come on lads, just think before you have a go.     Bly is one that gets picked on - even though his threads are often harmless and  good for discussion.  You can''t get more than afew posts in before the thread is spoilt.    Its getting ridiculous.    Who cares if a thread is on the same subject as another?   Sometimes a thread will appear similar but will have a slightly different slant to it that will take a discussion in a different direction.  

**** off! [A]

I suspect we all like to think we are entertaining and funny sometimes - and there''s nothing wrong with that - but  jokes sometimes go too far.  Certainly old rivalries are going too far at the moment.   So please can we all think about it?    Don''t be taken in by trolls and if you are cetain posters who attack another poster just because they are posting - you are spoiling it for others - and actually,  it''s quite sad.

Live and let live - as long as you are not spoiling it for others.   Comment on other posters on the merit of their posts, not on your prejudice about the poster. 

[/quote]

[/quote]**** off![A]

[/quote]

The best thing to do LDC is start another post about it all, Which if u had of read the post in which your refering you''ll realise that "starting a new post" when theres already one that can be posted on IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT...........DUMB*SS/ self appointed mod. nuttys got a game u can buy tho

Its just like I said,  people are allowed to post what they like, its only the people that have issues with particular posters that cause the problem.   WHAT YOU THINK IT''S ALL ABOUT is pretty much irrelevant. 

[quote user="marvin the martian"]LDC, whatever you do don''t go on the Harry Kane thread.[/quote]

Actually, I was thinking of starting another Harry Kane thread...........just to see what would happen [8-)]

[quote user="marvin the martian"]LDC, whatever you do don''t go on the Harry Kane thread.[/quote]

Actually, I was thinking of starting another Harry Kane thread...........just to see what would happen [8-)]

[/quote]

You''ll be ok.It''s normally only BBB''s threads that get 13 pages of bullcrap.[:O]

[quote user="TynemouthCanary"]True, it''s rarely worth reading anything beyond the second page. The original point has usually long since departed, along with reasoned debate and common sense.[/quote]Damn straight TynemouthCanary, it might be a good idea for those clowns to be put together in a room ( an actual room not a chat one) and throw in a laptop and have them fight to the death.

You`ve summed it up mate, I think most people on here are fed up with them but they seem to be completely oblivious. 

Well now, there''s what my lawyer nephew would call a substantive difference between not liking what people are saying on here (one one hand) and in what people are saying on here breaking rules (on the other).

If people are sick of the in fighting, bickering, arguing, point-scoring, then they will stop posting here and the whole message board will eventually die a death - as will we all one day, if you can last that long.

If people feel these posts are contradicting the forum rules, which are many and several as laid out in what Nutty Nigel calls the Code of Conduct, then people can report the posts and someone called Peter will apparently delete them.

Now old Bor''s view is quite simple on this: as someone has often said, moaning about moaning is moaning.  Stop moaning, pull yourself together and say something constructive.  Here''s my contribution: I reckon we''ll be 16th this season.  There you go.  Now get on with it.

This forum''s dying a death anyway.......It''s become an exclusive little utopia for ''the seasoned regulars'' to browbeat anyone who dares to......well, offer an alternative opinion - or to criticise or question or raise their personal concerns regarding NCFC......

Hey Ho......  

Not sure I agree with you Mello, although, occasionally I admit to allowing a similar thought to cross my mind. Isn''t part of the truth that people like you and me don''t put the same kind of effort in anymore the way that we used to? You used to be quite funny but not so anymore. I liked to put a little effort in as did quite a few others. However, we get older and tire of our efforts ( or our efforts tire of us [:D] ), or perceive our efforts are not appreciated. However, there are newer and younger models that come along and, apparently, it''s still rather interesting for them.

Changing the subject, I get rather irritated when I watch tennis in today''s world. It used to be that when a player made a great play the opponent would acknowledge with a wave of the racquet. Now, all you see is a fist pump on almost every point won. In doubles play it''s even worse. Whether the point is won or lost it has become the norm on each and every single point for each partner to touch each other in some way, including the men (?????). It''s almost as if the actual tennis has become secondary. And don''t even get me started on the female grunters. Time has moved on and it is the new norm not appreciated by me, but apparently others do. Hey ho ..........

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]You used to be quite funny but not so anymore.[/quote]There''s a red rag to a bull.  And a good addition to a limerick about Jon Otsemobor.A right back called OtsemoborWas hopeless, but not any moreHis pace was electricHis brain epilepticDon''t mention the Colchester score

It''s a shame you feel that way Mello, I know we agreed on virtually nothing but you were an entertaining contributor.

Yankee,It must be age thing, but I must agree, your thoughts on tennis resonate with me.As for the other point you have made, I also agree that with growing age, things that used to bother me have less relavance now. However, I do think that this board is now a more agressive place than it was a few years ago and this saddens me. I miss the frequency of some of Mello''s clever observations.

Mello,Hang in there - I regret the fact that your posts have become infrequent in the last year. Keep them flowing, like the fortunes of football teams, there is a natuaral cycle to most things in life, including I guess, the tone on message boards.

I think it''s incredible that this board could be more aggressive than it was years ago Dezza. I remember when I first started posting I was a Worthy supporter and I got more aggression and abuse than I ever see on here now. Likewise in 2009 if you dared stick up for Delia. Unbelievable amounts of abuse. So now it''s quite tame in comparison. But the difference I guess is that the aggressors from those two periods do get some back now. So it probably appears more aggressive to them.

I always seem to be sticking up for this board. I find it informative and entertaining. I guess if I thought otherwise I''d stop posting.

Nutty,As you well know, I dont care to debate the past as we will just disagree regarding how close we came to abyss. I am enjoying savouring the present while it lasts and would hope that all genuine City fans feel the same.As for this board, Mello is not the only one to feel that the board is in its death throws. I am in complete agreement with this view. Whether this is just the perception of the ''old guard'' who have become superfluous or something more tangible (no pun intended) will become clearer in time. As with politics, one man''s informative and entertaining is another man''s ''another country''. By the way, this is not some cryptic comemnt provoking grounds for an argument, but simply my take on things.However, what I woud hate to see is the return to the old days of a heavily modertated board with delayed posts, so I guess it is up to all of us collectively to ensure that we keep it going before Archant lose patience - which surely is being tested.

I guess the bottom line is that this board is as good as we make it.

I don''t even understand what a cryptic comment provoking grounds for an argument is. You are a bit confrontational but perhaps only to me.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Nutty,

As you well know, I dont care to debate the past as we will just disagree regarding how close we came to abyss. I am enjoying savouring the present while it lasts and would hope that all genuine City fans feel the same.

As for this board, Mello is not the only one to feel that the board is in its death throws. I am in complete agreement with this view. Whether this is just the perception of the ''old guard'' who have become superfluous or something more tangible (no pun intended) will become clearer in time. As with politics, one man''s informative and entertaining is another man''s ''another country''. By the way, this is not some cryptic comemnt provoking grounds for an argument, but simply my take on things.

However, what I woud hate to see is the return to the old days of a heavily modertated board with delayed posts, so I guess it is up to all of us collectively to ensure that we keep it going before Archant lose patience - which surely is being tested.

[/quote]

There are only two serious reasons for Archant terminally to lose patience over a message-board that gets as much use as this one does. Firstly if Archant itself was being roundly attacked. Over the years Archant has come in for some criticism, but if anything that has reduced recently , and in any event was never that widespread. Secondly if posters were endangering Archant legally, by way of contempt of court or defamation. There have been examples of that, but most of the legally questionable posts have been by people so lacking in credibility that no-one would ever remotely dream of suing them or - by extension - Archant.

How about we all apply the following filters on our debate: would my tone/wording be appropriate in either of the following settings:

a) my place of work?

b) in the pub with my mates?

For example if you were to refer to another person''s ''pathetic ramblings'' in a work meeting it would not go down well at all and if you were to do so in the pub, it would probably end up with you being punched on the nose.

A little common decency and mutual respect might allow us to focus on the issues and not get uptight with each other personally.

It''s not that difficult, surely?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]so who are these people? if you''re going to moan about certain posters then name names.[/quote]

Ok. Fair point. One example among several. Is even one in five of Tilly''s posts actually about football?

I''ve not done an analysis but I''m betting that at least 80% of his posts are attacking other posters usually Bly or Smudger. It is so boring that I rarely read what he says. Given that the posts are not intended for me that probably suits us both. It does clog up the pages though.

And there are others but someone else can pick up the dirty stick and identify them