Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Celtic's Gary Hooper is to sign for City

It would be great, but probably just some ungrounded speculation over the non-event of Vaughan going on loan the other way. Just the kind of striker we need though. Another one with calls to be in the England squad, but most likely being overlooked due to playing in the L1 standard SPL against mostly poor opposition. He probably has a point to prove that he can make it in the big league.

That''s not even a story, it''s a few unconnected facts thrown at a wall with a big handful of guesswork and a bucket of wishful thinking in the hope that something sticks.

I used to say we should be after him several years ago when he was at Southend but we''ve come on a long way since then and I''m not sure he''s worth a big transfer fee and I doubt he''d be any better than we''ve got now.

...Not that I think there''s anything in that rumour, £6m is ridiculous.

[quote user="Beauseant"]That''s not even a story, it''s a few unconnected facts thrown at a wall with a big handful of guesswork and a bucket of wishful thinking in the hope that something sticks.[/quote]

You could make a fortune writing lyrics for songs on Chris Evans breakfast show

[quote user="Beauseant"]That''s not even a story, it''s a few unconnected facts thrown at a wall with a big handful of guesswork and a bucket of wishful thinking in the hope that something sticks.[/quote]With a sprinkling of cliches.

Carrowroad.net......  famous for posting any old rubbish to get a hit....

I''ve never rated him if i''m honest. Plus he seems a bit deluded with his own ability. I''m sure i read somewhere he wanted to move only to a top 6 club after playing European football with Celtic which we all know the SPL is nowhere near PL standard.

Not better than what we have IMO.

Would be disappointed if he signed but i''d back him.

Yes.. I was very excited about Surman. I knew how good he was. Some people just can''t tell the difference between the roles of a winger and a wide midfielder.

Plus one of Surman''s biggest problems is mentally he''s too far ahead of some of his team-mates.. Continuity is there now though.

[quote user="Larry David"]

Who is responsible for that site? It''s embarrassing.

[/quote]

Never ever looked at that site before and having had a quick scan i can only assume it is a Primary School project for ten year olds.

Houghton !!!!!!

Refers to a Falkirk CB in the headline as Wallace then in the article calls him Watson !!!!!!

Birminham !!!!!!!

Scandianvia !!!!!!!

Chris martin as opposed to Chris Martin !!!!!!

I gave up after those spelling and grammatical gems.

[quote user="shiplee15"]Yes.. I was very excited about Surman. I knew how good he was. Some people just can''t tell the difference between the roles of a winger and a wide midfielder.

Plus one of Surman''s biggest problems is mentally he''s too far ahead of some of his team-mates.. Continuity is there now though.[/quote]Sorry, what I meant by Surman''s signing was:A newspaper revealed that a championship club were about to sign at the time Wolves midfielder Andrew Surman. Someone then posted the article on here, stating that it could be us. Subsequently, everyone on here essentially shot down the guy, and had a massive go at him, saying that it is obivously not us signing Surman.A day or 2 later, they all had egg over their faces.Same could happen here.About your point re. Surman''s position - I agree! Much better centrally it seems.

[quote user="Hog"]Carrowroad.net......  famous for posting any old rubbish to get a hit....[/quote]

Just noticed that Wiz is a moderator on their forum.......