Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Cully and Karse definitely gone

Why mutual consent? Why aren''t Villa paying any compensation for them? Grrrrrr

CITY can confirm Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have left the Club by mutual consent, with immediate effect.

The duo played their full part in three tremendous seasons after joining the Canaries from Colchester United when Paul Lambert took charge at Carrow Road in August 2009.

A former Canary playing legend with 369 appearances from 1985 to 1994 already under his belt, Culverhouse''s second spell at the Club was as Assistant Manager to Lambert.

Meanwhile Karsa joined as Head of Football Operations, assisting Lambert and Culverhouse with administrative and player liaison duties at the Club''s Colney Training Centre.

City Chief Executive David McNally commented: "We''d certainly like to place on record our sincere gratitude and appreciation of the work that Ian and Gary did with Paul to help lift us from the foot of League One to the Barclays Premier League.

"They''ve played a full part in a memorable and exciting era for the Club and I''m sure all Norwich fans will join everybody at Carrow Road and Colney in wishing them all the best for the future."

[quote user="Ben"]Why mutual consent? Why aren''t Villa paying any compensation for them? Grrrrrr[/quote]

Doesn''t actually say they have gone to Villa - but we know they have of course...............

I would imagine that Culverhouse and Karsa will have agreed to forego certain payments they were due from Norwich (notice period salary potentially even last seasons bonus) which is probably all that Norwich could have expected for compensation from Villa anyway.  They will recover these from Villa as a golden hello.

As predicted over a month ago.

Both in along with Lambert with no compensation. You ask why, because non was due to Norwich''s mishandling of the whole saga.

Anyway, onwards and upwards now. Best of luck for the new season. If you get Curtis Davies you''ll find he''s a top bloke. Not the greatest player, but a good lad all the same

AJ (Up The Villa)

Before anyone mentions no way was the typo in the subject line meant to be a dig at the person concerned.    Non-freudian slip!!

But just what did he do anyway?

PS: they''re already here and are taking the first day if pre-season training today. Lambert is only taking first half hour as he''s in meetings all day

From Villa web-site

Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have joined Paul Lambert at Bodymoor Heath in their respective roles as assistant manager and head of football operations as the Villa first team players report back for pre-season training.

Culverhouse and Karsa have worked with Lambert for the past six years in spells at Wycombe, Colchester and Norwich and officially take up their roles in the new Villa manager''s backroom team as of today.

"It''s great for them to be here at the club and I''m delighted they have joined me," Lambert said.

"They have been with me for the past six years which is a long time and we''ve built up an understanding and a trust. I trust them and they have been great for me.

"We have always bounced well off each other and we''re all looking forward to the job at hand here at Villa."

Culverhouse played at right back for Tottenham, Norwich, Swindon, Kingstonian and Brighton, spending 10 years at Carrow Road and playing 369 games for the Canaries.

He began his coaching career with Brighton in early 2000, serving first as reserve team manager before moving to Barnet where he first worked alongside Karsa as youth team manager in the summer of 2000.

Following Barnet''s relegation he joined Leyton Orient as a youth coach and was promoted to assistant manager.

He then moved to Wycombe Wanderers as youth team coach in 2005.

He began working with Lambert at Wycombe in 2006, becoming assistant manager at Adams Park in 2007 and retaining that role under Lambert''s management of Colchester and Norwich.

Karsa took up his first coaching job at Enfield in 1998 where he was appointed football and community officer.

He moved to a similar role with Barnet where he worked with Culverhouse before joining Charlton Athletic as head of academy recruitment.

He was reunited with Culverhouse at Leyton Orient before he joined Wycombe Wanderers in 2006 in a youth role.

He has continued to work with Lambert and Culverhouse as football operations manager at Colchester and Norwich.

[quote user="AJ"]PS: they''re already here and are taking the first day if pre-season training today. Lambert is only taking first half hour as he''s in meetings all day[/quote]I look forward to watching us batter you two times next season....

Thanks to them for what they have done and good luck to them because i have a strong feeling they will need it at Villa.

My prediction is Lambert will have walked from his job at Villa within 18 months.

Wow. I for one DID NOT see this coming.......

Sarcasm over. Oh well. Out with the old, in with the new.

[quote user="AJ"]As predicted over a month ago.

Both in along with Lambert with no compensation. You ask why, because non was due to Norwich''s mishandling of the whole saga.

Anyway, onwards and upwards now. Best of luck for the new season. If you get Curtis Davies you''ll find he''s a top bloke. Not the greatest player, but a good lad all the same

AJ (Up The Villa)[/quote]

Just like you told us you were nicking our players lol. You managed to boo O''Neill out of your club so getting rid off Lambert will be quite easy. Just like us and Colchester and Wycombe in the scheme of Paul Lambert you are a small club that he will use.

Its catch 22 as we found out if he does well he will walk out on you if he does not you will boo him out. It will genuinely be interesting as well to see if his methods work with your so called super stars ie if you even dare to speak out of turn you will be training in the field next door on your own. Can see Bent ect loving that. Hope to see you back when he leaves you - dont know if you noticed but he is so loyal that days after he signed for you he was one of the favorites for the Spurs job, if he is doing well you will never know when he is leaving.

[quote user="AJ"]PS: they''re already here and are taking the first day if pre-season training today. Lambert is only taking first half hour as he''s in meetings all day[/quote]

Get used to it - by all accounts Lambert rarely attended training here other than day before travelling to games / home game to get final briefing on who was performing and who wasn''t.  The track suit is a vanity project - a la O''Neill - perhaps you guys will treat him in ithe same way. 

Cully does all the training work.  Still not sure what Karsa actually does other than being Lambert''s brother-in-law.

I might be missing something here but where does it say there has been no compensation paid by Villa for releasing Kara and Culverhouse, and Lambert for that matter?

Can someone post a link please?

Well this is the first job with Pressure for all three, the last few clubs were on a building for the future projects, Villa will expect results from the start.....Both Rodgers and Lambert will be faced with big ego''s, big expectations from the fans, pressure from the board and both will have limited funds to try and match Newcastle.

My prediction is that one will go before January (Lambert) and Rodgers will be replaced by a high profile manger next summer!

I can''t see Villa with what they have and the class of player Lambert has brought being anywere above where they finished last year. I kow there is still time to sign players, but Lambert has been there for four weeks and done little, not like him.

I also think that he had a couple City players on his radar but I bet he was told to sling his hook in no uncertain terms.....Howson and Ruddy come to mind.

Well time will tell but Butterfield is a far better signing than El Ahmadi in my opinion and not a Lambert type signing either.

Good luck to Cully though, good servent to the club both player and mangement team.

The funny thing is I genuinely believe Lambert leaving is a godsent to this club, he''s done a fantastic job, but I started to see cracks appearing, poor choices in a few games and his reaction to criticism from the fans was a concern, just think what he''s going to get from those fickle Villa fans if they start the season in poor form?

Lambert will be managing in Scotland next season.

Lambert responded poorly when Norwich fans expressed even mild discontent, how do you think he''ll respond to the more hostile Villa fans who are expecting big things of him? One Villa fan I was talking to expected at least a top eight finish, if that''s any indication of the target Lambert''s been set, then he''s really going to struggle, although his chances are significantly better now that Cully and Karsa are with him.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

I might be missing something here but where does it say there has been no compensation paid by Villa for releasing Kara and Culverhouse, and Lambert for that matter?

Can someone post a link please?

[/quote]

Tin, doesn''t "by mutual consent" imply that the deal was between NCFC and Cully and Karsa, no third party involved?  Hence my supposition that Villa funded the "transfer" by paying Cully and Karsa for NCFC for notice period salary and bonuses foregone.  No-one ever gets something for nothing, even from NCFC - not whilst McNally is in charge surely?

We could have accepted Culverhouse’s resignation and put him on gardening leave for a year and paid him for his notice period. Not ideal for us but even less ideal for Villa so I expect there to have been some negotiation and a settlement reached which would take into account Culvehouse''s notice period and the dispute about Lambert''s contract being breached or not.

On this thread there was a claim that they had gone for nothing which prompted my post.

The comment of no re-compense I think comes from not understanding the way these things are done - there is always some form of recompense but it is usually hidden by payments through the individuals involved rather than club to club.  That way transparency is lost though why that should be anymore I don''t know - old habits die hard.  Hope Cully and Karsa have taken appropriate tax advice.

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Just like you told us you were nicking our players lol. You managed to boo O''Neill out of your club so getting rid off Lambert will be quite easy. Just like us and Colchester and Wycombe in the scheme of Paul Lambert you are a small club that he will use.

Its catch 22 as we found out if he does well he will walk out on you if he does not you will boo him out. It will genuinely be interesting as well to see if his methods work with your so called super stars ie if you even dare to speak out of turn you will be training in the field next door on your own. Can see Bent ect loving that. Hope to see you back when he leaves you - dont know if you noticed but he is so loyal that days after he signed for you he was one of the favorites for the Spurs job, if he is doing well you will never know when he is leaving.[/quote]Ha! Yes, we''ve been after ALL your players ... not bloody likely If, in 2/3 years Lambert gets asked to join one of the bigger clubs (Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal or Man City) then absolutely FINEHe''ll have had to have done a brilliant job at Villa first.Bring on the good times. Hope Hughton works outAJ

PS :I''m told there is NO compensation between AVFC and Norwich. If there has been any it''s between NFC and Culverhouse/KarsaNot only that, but you''ve just paid their wages for the summer holidays to. Brilliant bit of business

[quote user="AJ"]
PS :

I''m told there is NO compensation between AVFC and Norwich. If there has been any it''s between NFC and Culverhouse/Karsa

Not only that, but you''ve just paid their wages for the summer holidays to. Brilliant bit of business
[/quote]

Don''t feed the troll..................

Not that it really matters now but why do you say Karsa is related to Lambert?  Source?  (Don''t say you read it here!)

[quote user="AJ"]PS :I''m told there is NO compensation between AVFC and Norwich. If there has been any it''s between NFC and Culverhouse/KarsaNot only that, but you''ve just paid their wages for the summer holidays to. Brilliant bit of business[/quote]

Brilliant, that''s a few thousand to add to the transfer ''war chest'' of 20m lambert was given.

Seriously though,, are you happy that lambert''s villa targets are the same as he had for Norwich? Do you like being compared as at the same level as us and with, roughly speaking, the same transfer budget? What''s the expectations for the season?

Please come back in a year, no matter what''s happened (though minus the childish cockiness). It''s going to be an interesting season...

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Just like you told us you were nicking our players lol. You managed to boo O''Neill out of your club so getting rid off Lambert will be quite easy. Just like us and Colchester and Wycombe in the scheme of Paul Lambert you are a small club that he will use.

Its catch 22 as we found out if he does well he will walk out on you if he does not you will boo him out. It will genuinely be interesting as well to see if his methods work with your so called super stars ie if you even dare to speak out of turn you will be training in the field next door on your own. Can see Bent ect loving that. Hope to see you back when he leaves you - dont know if you noticed but he is so loyal that days after he signed for you he was one of the favorites for the Spurs job, if he is doing well you will never know when he is leaving.[/quote]Ha! Yes, we''ve been after ALL your players ... not bloody likely If, in 2/3 years Lambert gets asked to join one of the bigger clubs (Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal or Man City) then absolutely FINEHe''ll have had to have done a brilliant job at Villa first.Bring on the good times. Hope Hughton works outAJ

[/quote]

So you werent after Holt Howson and Ruddy then mmmm. His main target is Snodgrass who is not as good as Delph but you all think Delph is c**p. Lambert does not take criticism he cant have that on his cv. The Man Utd Man City thing is quite funny thats what we said, but football runs on money and in 2 years time the likes of QPR Southampton Watford to name but a few will be far bigger clubs for Lambert than Villa just as you were for him now.

You guys just think way above your station and I would suspect in 2 - 3 years we will get bigger gates than you once we expand our ground. IMO Lambert did an amazing job for us but hey I suspect Hughton is more likely to keep us up than Lambert was as the chinks were emerging. If he does not he certainly will not get the obscene abuse you gave McCleish whom if we are going by acheivements is a better manager than Lambert.