Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Cully and Karse definitely gone

Funny how Wycombe and Colchester did not fly through the leagues , after all surely you would have expected them to with the worlds No1 Manager at the Helm . Norwich''s best Manager ever , nowhere even close , a League 1 title and that secured mostly by the goals scored by Holt Gunns signing and Martin already here. As for wishing them well , get real , do you think Lambert will give a flying .... if we get relegated next season .

The problem with me is two fold......

One, Rodgers had Swansea in mind when he thought he would be tempted by another challenge and signed a 5 year deal with a guaranteed 5 million clause so Swansea had some compo!

Lambert did his normal jump without a second thought to Norwich, if you think he has a soft spot for this club I think you wide of the mark. Norwich fitted Lambert and his ambition and he did very well as did Norwich for him. As far as I am concrened  as much as Gunn was one of the worst managers, he will always be thought highly off for his full on love of this club, Lambert after this season is over will just be a name linked with our past.

Second, to think Villa, a club who are on the decline, have huge ego''s at board room, players and it would appear supporters too, was a side step, they finished well below us last season and thier players are no where near our squad, I could only name 4 or 5 that we would consider wanting here at Norwich. The budget is on par withours and I would also agrue that the wages they will offer is going to be only just a bit more than us. They are still trying to reduce the wage bill.

I don''t really give a hoot about Lambert anymore, I have respect for how his management team lead us to the Premiership, but I have no respect for him as a person.

So in summery Who give a shit about Villa and Lambert, I wish Archant now drop any reference to Lambert and his signings this year, it''s funny how Holt has signed once Hughton was named manager and the speed in which some of the player have signed contracts just show that maybe Lambert will not be missed by the players.

People may be very happy when  comparing Hughton with Lambert,  because Hughton has already managed in the Prem, and did very well at it! 

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="yellow blood"]

Horses for Courses though. Could Mourinho have done what Lambert did? Is Lambert a Premier League quality Manager? Is Hughton at that level?

[/quote]

Did Di Matteo go from Premeriership relegation struggler to Champions League winner?

A manager makes a difference, but he can only work with the players and the budgets at his disposal.

The reality is that in League 1 we were always going to have to go for a relative unknown. There was a strong rumour that Lambert was actually the second choice, as the first choice turned down a rolling 12 month contract and league 1 football.
[/quote]

So who was the strongly rumoured first choice?

A rumour can hardly be a state secret.

OTBC

As far as I can remember, the only names metioned before Lambert got the job were Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Adrian Boothroyd and possibly Mark Robins. It seemed a very short period between Gunn getting the sack and Lamberts appointment, so I think that Lambert was always going to get the job.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Funny how Wycombe and Colchester did not fly through the leagues , after all surely you would have expected them to with the worlds No1 Manager at the Helm . Norwich''s best Manager ever , nowhere even close , a League 1 title and that secured mostly by the goals scored by Holt Gunns signing and Martin already here. As for wishing them well , get real , do you think Lambert will give a flying .... if we get relegated next season . [/quote]

He has achieved Premiership football for Norwich. Something only one other manager has managed since 1995. I reckon that does make him pretty damn good to be honest. I am delighted with Chris Hughton as his replacement. I think he was the oustanding candidate. But to trot the Lambert was rubbish anyway line makes you look really bitter and frankly quite stupid. You are much better than that Ncfc.

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62

In response to a number of questions from supporters, I can confirm that compensation was agreed between the two clubs for Ian and Gary.

[quote user="Jacko"]david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62

In response to a number of questions from supporters, I can confirm that compensation was agreed between the two clubs for Ian and Gary.[/quote]Shows what that troll AJ knows then :-P