Sign in to follow this  
YellowFellow

Thank you Paul Lambert

I know, ''another Paul Lambert thread''. But i had to just say im sick of peopl calling him Judas, and coward, and forgetting what he has done for us and helped us achieve over the last 3 years.  Yes I was disappointed and angry when he left, but more because hes a ******* good manager, and i was kind of mourning the loss of possible future success. and yes i am still a little disappointed with how he has left, but its happened now.

Maybe Paul Lambert has used us as a stepping stone, but before he came we were just a stone sinking fast. hes taking us from pretty much our lowest point in our history and left us in one of our highest positions. If you offer us another 3 years of success before Hughton leaving to manage spurs im sure most norwich fans will be delighted.

And Judas?really? because he left us to go to another team he feels has more potential? then Hughton is a Judas to Birmingham, Holt to shrewsbury, hoolahan to blackpool. Its a career for them, some may become emotionally attached at times, but to most its just a job, its only fans that need to keep loyal and to be honest i find this pathetic childish whingeing about a man that brought us unbelievable success, disloyal to what we had all achieved together.

Lets move on. Lambert was and should always be a legend to us. We should applaud him when he returns with villa and sing his name beforehand. But we should also enjoy beating his team that little bit more and sing his name again during the match to ask him the score. then applaud again afterwards, thats how football should be.

We are the best fans in the league.We are the most loyal. Lets prove it

Lambert is one of the greatest managers this club has had. He saved the club from financial ruin and delivered Premiership football. He left in a very shoddy and poor way. We have got a very capable manager to replace him. We move on.

He wanted a change and there is no good way to do it.

The op is absolutely right and Paul Lambert has left us the best group of young players in our history too.

I will never forget the enjoyment of these last three seasons.

Now, let''s all get behind Holt and tell NCFC we want him to stay.

Lambert is the best manager this club has ever had, in my opinion. The people calling him ''Judas'' are probably just kids. If some are adults then I do feel for them.

Yet another Lambert thread. A name I''m getting sick of reading and typing. You''ve made your point, now we should just leave it I think.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Lambert is the best manager this club has ever had, in my opinion. The people calling him ''Judas'' are probably just kids. If some are adults then I do feel for them. Yet another Lambert thread. A name I''m getting sick of reading and typing. You''ve made your point, now we should just leave it I think.[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Lambert is the best manager this club has ever had, in my opinion. The people calling him ''Judas'' are probably just kids. If some are adults then I do feel for them. Yet another Lambert thread. A name I''m getting sick of reading and typing. You''ve made your point, now we should just leave it I think.[/quote]

Everything you say is of course true D7. Who knows where this Club would be today if that grumpy little incongenial Scot had not walked through the doors of Carrow Road those very few years ago?

He gets his "dix points" from me for now and for evermore.

That is not the ending of the saga though. Perhaps one of the reasons that it continues to linger is the thoroughly unsavoury way that both PL and AVFC have "seemingly" gone about the whole business. There was an element of deceit about the way Lambert behaved, from his last few utterances to the faithful professing endearing love to his surprisingly abrupt resignation, and  onto his use of small-print to act in his own and Villa''s best interests at the expense of our Club. The club that had, after all, given him his real breakthrough in management and everything that he had subsequently wanted, within reason. It works both ways, but PL''s single-track went in one direction.

Paul Lambert did not quite act in a truly honourable way IMHO. He could have gone about things in a manner that was easier to swallow. We all accept that he deserves the right to forward his career in whatever way he considers viable, we cannot accept that our own Club has been cheated (my word, my opinion) in the way that it has been. Losing Culverhouse and Karva will add salt to the wounds for many, including me.

If Lambert had have acted in the same straight way that Chris Hughton did in his dealings with Birmingham City and if AVFC had acted in the same reasonable way that NCFC did, then maybe the ill-feeling felt by many would not have been there in the first place. PL effectively did "a runner." Some might argue that McNally precipitated this course of action. Who knows? The truth will out. 

The bad taste lingers. A decent start next season and a reasonable sum from Villa will mouthwash it away so that the only mention of the man will, hopefully, be about the length of his face when we beat them next season. 

We all have to thank PL for what he did, and calling him stupid names just shows how fickle and pathetic some "supporters" are.

Disappointed..yes .Hate him ..no !

I believe he was better than Villa and feel he left us with unfinished business on what he really could have achieved.

Chris has inherited a great squad of players just as Walker did from Dave Stringer and hope that he able to push them to the next level from the quite remarkable achievements over the past 3 years.

If Holty can sit down and have a sensible conversation with Chrissy H even better.

Its the beginning or a new era and exciting times again for next year.

As for PL, thanks for the great times and I wish you well except when you play against us of course.

[quote user="Wiz"]Ffs mods, can we have all these ''whobert'' threads in a seperate section............like the trash can.[/quote]

Come off it Wiz.

You''ve started your fair share of cack threads over the years.

Please make this the last thread yes he was ok when he was here but the way he left and that he wants to raid Norwich City has left a bitter taste. Goodbye Lambert, now Chris Hughton get the ball rolling for next season!!!!!

[quote user="First Wazzock AKA Dr Vinyl"]

[quote user="Wiz"]Ffs mods, can we have all these ''whobert'' threads in a seperate section............like the trash can.[/quote]

Come off it Wiz.

You''ve started your fair share of cack threads over the years.

[/quote]

Ditto.

But the king is dead, long live the king........and all that.

Agreed with a lot of whats been said.I wish Paul Lambert well wherever he goes.. not necessarily wish him success as he is at a rival club.. but i wish him well...

[quote user="YellowFellow"]

I know, ''another Paul Lambert thread''. But i had to just say im sick of peopl calling him Judas, and coward, and forgetting what he has done for us and helped us achieve over the last 3 years.  Yes I was disappointed and angry when he left, but more because hes a ******* good manager, and i was kind of mourning the loss of possible future success. and yes i am still a little disappointed with how he has left, but its happened now.

Maybe Paul Lambert has used us as a stepping stone, but before he came we were just a stone sinking fast. hes taking us from pretty much our lowest point in our history and left us in one of our highest positions. If you offer us another 3 years of success before Hughton leaving to manage spurs im sure most norwich fans will be delighted.

And Judas?really? because he left us to go to another team he feels has more potential? then Hughton is a Judas to Birmingham, Holt to shrewsbury, hoolahan to blackpool. Its a career for them, some may become emotionally attached at times, but to most its just a job, its only fans that need to keep loyal and to be honest i find this pathetic childish whingeing about a man that brought us unbelievable success, disloyal to what we had all achieved together.

Lets move on. Lambert was and should always be a legend to us. We should applaud him when he returns with villa and sing his name beforehand. But we should also enjoy beating his team that little bit more and sing his name again during the match to ask him the score. then applaud again afterwards, thats how football should be.

We are the best fans in the league.We are the most loyal. Lets prove it

[/quote]

Most of us already have! Let it go.

[quote user="Wiz"]Ffs mods, can we have all these ''whobert'' threads in a seperate section............like the trash can.[/quote]Poor Wiz! He opens a thread with "Paul Lambert" in the title and to his shock, horror and dismay, it''s about....................Paul Lambert! [:''(][:''(][:''(]In future, could anyone starting a new thread about Paul Lambert, avoid putting the words "Paul Lambert" in the title so poor Wiz doesn''t feel the need to click on it. [:(]

I''ve always thought there is little point in keeping anyone at the club if they want to be elsewhere. Lambert done superbly for us and when he comes back with Villa should get a great reception - anyone who chooses to boo him isn''t a real city fan.

If he had kept his mouth shut before he left i think much of this hatred of the man could have been avoided , he knew he was off and there was no need for the i love it here and have never asked to leave comments .As for him taking us from league 1 to the Prem yes very well done but his leaving could very well leave us back in the Championship at the end of next season ,to be relegated just as the money is rising will be a disaster and should it happen it will be Lambert i blame more than Hughton .I wish the man no success whatsoever and hope he gets 90 mins of abuse and booing on his return , why applaud somebody who has basically said f**k Norwich City and everything to do with them .

Agree totally with original poster, some people on this messageboard are total hypocrites - they hammered Colchester fans on here for posting on our messageboard about their disappointment in losing Lambert and promised they wouldn''t moan if he left in the same fashion - yet I have seen many examples where this has been the case.

Good Luck Paul Lambert (apart from the games we play against you)

Tes jinx lets cheer for  Villa all through the game too!!! Lambert should not be cheered NOR booed!!!! He did well for us yes, but the way he left has left a very bitter taste. To cheer him imo would be very disrespectful to Chris Hughton!!!