Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Hughton's holiday

Almost since his appointment as our new leader, Mr Hughton has been on holiday.

Is this a well earned break after a long season ?

Or would it have been better to cancel or shorten the holiday, and get on with sorting out the current problems?

Your views on this?

I''m sure he''s been in contact with McNally, he deserves his holiday, nothing much will happen until after the Euro''s anyway.

And if you''re talking about the Holt situation, he''s probably been on holiday too!

Everyone needs a holiday.   I''m sure I saw somewhere that Hughton was going to take recordings of every match last season so he could study the players in action.   So it could well be a working holiday.    He''ll be busy enough when he gats back too....................

[quote user="AJ"]I''m sure he''s been in contact with McNally, he deserves his holiday, nothing much will happen until after the Euro''s anyway. And if you''re talking about the Holt situation, he''s probably been on holiday too![/quote]

Yes,Holty has been out with the lads for Fox''s wedding.Cyprus i think.Hopefully they had a good chat with him.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

Or would it have been better to cancel or shorten the holiday, and get on with sorting out the current problems?

Your views on this?

[/quote]

Given that he has promised to watch all 42 games from last season in their entirety I wouldn''t say he is slacking off. He will have the squad assessed by the time he comes back and will know where it needs to be strengthened. He has been working non stop with Birmingham due to the play offs so he is due a decent break as well I think.

Yes, and he did make clear his wish for Holt to stay. I guess communications are still taking place, but sometimes the personal touch can make all the difference in a difficult situation , and also with potential new players.

I''m sure PL must have had a holiday during his time here? I just cant remember it.

You can probably tell, I am much more nervous during this summer, compared with the last two.

From my understanding, his holiday has consisted of talking to McNally about the players contracts that have been extended, figuring out what he is to do with Holt, and watch tapes of the past season to see where we need to improve and who may need to go.

now, whatever he does between those points that counts as ''holiday stuff'' he is more than deserving of.

I personally take annual leave from time to time from my job, and if they turned round and said, "sorry, we''ve decided you can''t take any leave this year, there''s too much to sort out" I''d be pretty annoyed.Someone who works as hard as a football manager should definitely be able to have a holiday. Otherwise I''m sure he wouldn''t take the job.

Do you want him to have heart issues like ''Arry and Rafa (?)? It is a pretty stressful job being a football manager and everyone deserves a bit of downtime.

Personally I think he does need a holiday, and should have one. Its a high pressure job, and few opportunities to get away until next summer.

Modern communications help.  How long a holiday though - 2 weeks? 3 weeks? I''m sure he won''t roll up jet lagged just before the first pre-season game.

He looked well pleased to join NCFC, and for me was the best choice, and his track record says that he is likely to make the right judgement call.

In Hughton we trust.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Anyone know if he is back at work yet ??[/quote]

I heard he''s gone on the sick.
[/quote]

Yeah, he got his mum to phone in for him and say he''s eaten something ''a bit funny'' but she''s sure ''he''ll be okay in a day or two and no need to go to the doctor''.

Bloody chancer.

Keys rebel wrote:

Your views on this?

If you had booked your holiday some time ago in a very limited timeframe for you and your family, and then changed your job, you would cancel your holiday would you?

FFS get a life, our manager worked after his immediate appointment, made it well known he would be working whilst away, and made it well known he was back today when (quote) the hard work would begin.

Not a bad start if you ask me, and I hope Mr Hughton you enjoyed your time in Florida, and that such ridiculous posts as KR''s here is just one daft individuals stupid comment, not the thoughts of the majority of NCFC supporters.

He got the job on the 7th June, he went on a 14 days pre booked holiday a few days later and came back at the weekend.

When was he meant to go on holiday ? In July when the players return for training!!

Give me strength [:$]

With virtually everybody else of note also on holiday or concerned with the Euros, he would probably had quite a lonely and unproductive time sitting at his office desk at Carrow Road. He would have even had to make his own cup of tea as well because, apparently, Gladys was on the Costa del Sol with her toy boy. 

I''ll bet his mobile phone had little rest though.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Gladys was on the Costa del Sol with her toy boy.[/quote]Yes, but I''m glad to be back though. She''s a bit much is that Gladys.......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]Gladys was on the Costa del Sol with her toy boy.[/quote]

Yes, but I''m glad to be back though. She''s a bit much is that Gladys.......

[/quote]

She makes a nice cuppa though. Did she give you a custard cream to go with it?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]Gladys was on the Costa del Sol with her toy boy.[/quote]Yes, but I''m glad to be back though. She''s a bit much is that Gladys.......[/quote]

She makes a nice cuppa though. Did she give you a custard cream to go with it?[/quote]

Once she mentioned spotted dick I lost my appetite! [:$]