Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The biggest budget any Norwich manager has ever had.

Does anyone actually believe this garbage?

Look at the transfer targets we''re being linked with and if the budget is that big... why did Lambert leave?

Something''s not right, I can feel it in my water, its prudance with ambition all over again..........thats why Hughton was brought in, to work within a tight, really tight, budget.

Just be wise to it.

Lets see who he actually signs before criticising him. We have nearly 50 days before the Fulham game to sign players. None of the players we signed last season apart from Johnson and Bennett were touted in the media beforehand. They all came out of the blue rather like the signing of Whittaker has this. Judge him when the team lines up against Fulham not before

You are absolutely pathetic and one of the reasons this forum has such a bad name. (I appreciate the irony of sinking to your level through name calling but that is how frustrated I am by idiotic posts like this)

Yes I do. I believe at the very worst there will be exactly the same amount of money to be spent as last year and probably more with prize money from last year. But I personally would be quite worried if a new manager who has only been back from holiday for 1 week and is yet to see anyone train was chucking £2/3 million at players before being able to properly assess the squad.

[quote user="Jacko"]Lets see who he actually signs before criticising him. We have nearly 50 days before the Fulham game to sign players. None of the players we signed last season apart from Johnson and Bennett were touted in the media beforehand. They all came out of the blue rather like the signing of Whittaker has this. Judge him when the team lines up against Fulham not before You are absolutely pathetic and one of the reasons this forum has such a bad name. (I appreciate the irony of sinking to your level through name calling but that is how frustrated I am by idiotic posts like this)[/quote]

Hear hear Jacko. Doom and gloom merchants should be at Portaloo Road so try your own club''s board Wiz

Let me make this simple.

We have a budget.   The budget we have is healthy.  Not massive, but healthy.   We aren''t going to go out and buy any big money players.  Because that means big money wages.  Big money wages is not something that is sustainable for a club our size.    If you understand economics - ie living within your means - then you might understand the way the club is being run.    Its called being realistic.   And we don''t want sugar daddies/investors or whatever, thank you, because that way leads to debt in the end as well.

I think all you sourpusses out there should go on a course in learning how to enjoy yourselves.   After three years of unheralded success and you still don''t seem to get it.    

[quote user="Wiz"]

Look at the transfer targets we''re being linked with and if the budget is that big... why did Lambert leave?

Something''s not right, I can feel it in my water, its prudance with ambition all over again..........thats why Hughton was brought in, to work within a tight, really tight, budget.

Just be wise to it.

[/quote]

Afraid I''m with Wiz again on this. When Hughton said he was only signing one - sorry, scrub that -  two players this summer I had no idea he meant some geriatric walking goal from a tinpot foreign league I''ve never heard of and a kid with an injury record that would  have him shot if he was a horse whose only purpose must be to keep Vaughan company in the physiotherapy room.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

Just be wise to it.

[/quote]

Afraid I''m with Wiz again on this. When Hughton said he was only signing one - sorry, scrub that -  two players this summer I had no idea he meant some geriatric walking goal from a tinpot foreign league I''ve never heard of and a kid with an injury record that would  have him shot if he was a horse whose only purpose must be to keep Vaughan company in the physiotherapy room.

[/quote]On top of that. we''re probably going to let go our right back Ian Culverhouse, who will cover for us there?

Wiz, hold on for a moment...

Do you genuinely believe that, if it wasn''t true, the powers that be at the club would announce it as a fasct-in other words, lie. Lie to all the fans, players, staff at the club, the shareholders. They would, in effect, state to all and sundry that the club had its biggest available budget to spend on players when that simply wasn''t the case. You think they''d do that? Seriously? If so, come out with it-say that they''re lying and then explain why you think that is the case-a "feeling in your water" won''t cut it, thats nothing to go on at all and is not good enough reason for you to start yet another doom and gloom thread.

I don''t quite know what you are expecting. How, quite, are the club meant to go about reassurring you? You now believe Hughton was brought in to run the club on a tight budget-so, clearly, if thats the reason, are you now unhappy with the appointment, bearing in mind you feel it is for those reasons rather than footballing related ones?

What are the club meant to do? Seriously? Presumably have spent a lot of money already this Summer I guess and on name/marquee players?

Why would it not be the biggest budget any Norwich manager has ever had?   

I assume our high league finish has meant the largest annual income for the club has seen,  which will impact the budget hughton has to spend.     Do I think all of that will be passed to CH?  No,  some will be allocated to debt repayment etc,  but can I beleive its the most we have had to spend on the playing side,  yes I can,  but he will also face the highest costs (transfer fees and player wages in that)

Does all the extra go into just the transfer budget?   No,  but I am confident if we want to spend more on fees this year than last then we can and probably will.

The end of Sept will tell us so muchmore than some mid summer madness overreacting to investing wisely in some potentially talented youngsters and a cheap experienced versatile squad strengthener. 

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I don''t quite know what you are expecting. How, quite, are the club meant to go about reassurring you? You now believe Hughton was brought in to run the club on a tight budget-so, clearly, if thats the reason, are you now unhappy with the appointment, bearing in mind you feel it is for those reasons rather than footballing related ones?

What are the club meant to do? Seriously? Presumably have spent a lot of money already this Summer I guess and on name/marquee players?

[/quote]

If I was McNally and I read this garbage, I''d go over to his house with a transit van full of tenners and rub his face in them until he had Charles Darwin all over him.

The longer we stay away from spending 8 figure sums on players with 6 figure wages, the better, we don''t need to brek the bank to find talent. And we do have plenty of unique selling points as the 12th best club in the land. We simply need to look out for the bargains, prove why we are the best of many clubs chasing them and then let them clubs go and break the bank with their respective plan B''s.

What we do have which we didn''t last year is a squad of players all capable of playing premier league football.

here we go again!!! Flippety flop Wiz!!!! when Hughton does well he will be singing the praises as per usual!!! Do you ever stop posting doom and gloom? Why is it that we are in the close season and YOU are convinced we are heading downwards? I know, its cos you WANT City to fail so you can come on here and post I TOLD YOU SO!!! Sod off and support Ips**t, after all you live in Suffolk!!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Why would it not be the biggest budget any Norwich manager has ever had?   

I assume our high league finish has meant the largest annual income for the club has seen,  which will impact the budget hughton has to spend.     Do I think all of that will be passed to CH?  No,  some will be allocated to debt repayment etc,  but can I beleive its the most we have had to spend on the playing side,  yes I can,  but he will also face the highest costs (transfer fees and player wages in that)

Does all the extra go into just the transfer budget?   No,  but I am confident if we want to spend more on fees this year than last then we can and probably will.

The end of Sept will tell us so muchmore than some mid summer madness overreacting to investing wisely in some potentially talented youngsters and a cheap experienced versatile squad strengthener. 

[/quote]

Fair enough Zipper, BUT.

If Holt, and God forbid, Howson both go, our squad will not cope in the Premier........and no, I have no faith in Hughton....Roeder MkII imo.

Give Hughton a chance ffs!!! He has only been here a month and you diss himn already!!! You truthfully cannot be a supporter if you do that!!

I''ve just found the article this relates to:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18439613I think that guessing the club''s actual transfer budget based on internet rumours of players we''re supposed to be signing is rather unfair.And any football manager should be prudent with finances. Would you be happy with someone who throws money around like Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth?So I will choose to ignore your doom-mongering, safe in the knowledge you will certainly be back to remind us all you were right at some point.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Give Hughton a chance ffs!!! He has only been here a month and you diss himn already!!! You truthfully cannot be a supporter if you do that!!
[/quote]

Of course I can baldy, its because I care and want the best for City, and imo he isn''t!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Give Hughton a chance ffs!!! He has only been here a month and you diss himn already!!! You truthfully cannot be a supporter if you do that!![/quote]

Of course I can baldy, its because I care and want the best for City, and imo he isn''t![/quote]

Who would you have preferred Wiz?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Give Hughton a chance ffs!!! He has only been here a month and you diss himn already!!! You truthfully cannot be a supporter if you do that!![/quote]

Of course I can baldy, its because I care and want the best for City, and imo he isn''t![/quote]

[/quote]Hmmm....Steve Tilson?Clive Platt?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Give Hughton a chance ffs!!! He has only been here a month and you diss himn already!!! You truthfully cannot be a supporter if you do that!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cast your eyes towards Blackpool for a clue Lapps.

I''d have thought if Holloway was that good a bet, one of the umpteen PL vacancies over the last 12 months (or more specifically, this summer) would have gone to him.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cast your eyes towards Blackpool for a clue Lapps.

[/quote]

ROFLMFAO.

Look, i like Ian Holloway as a guy, but if you think he''s this fantastic manager light years away from Chris Hughton then this quite clearly shows your massive lack of knowledge in football terms.

This, on top of an attempted cheap shot at the board because Hughton signed a free agent (im guessing thats the issue here?) leads me to believe you have no intentions of being anything but an attention seeker. Just go to your local meeting point and pick up a lunch and play domino''s or something.

Our biggest weakness is defence, surely you want the new new manager to be someone who might have an idea of how to shore us up in that area... I don''t think Holloway would be the man for that.

There was absolutely no rumour regarding us going for Whittaker, maybe rather than worrying who is being linked with us we should just wait a few weeks to see who actually comes in. Contracts have now ended for those going leaving their old clubs, lets hope tomorrow will be an exiting day for City news.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cast your eyes towards Blackpool for a clue Lapps.[/quote]

Strange choice Wiz. He made the Prem through the play-offs after finishing 6th, failed to keep them up and also failed to get them back (even with £16m parachute payments). His record compared with Hughton''s is poor to say the least........

Chris Hughton........

TeamNatFromToRecord
GWDLWin %
Tottenham HotspurEngland20 November 199725 November 199710010.00
Tottenham HotspurEngland7 September 19981 October 1998632150.00
Newcastle UnitedEngland8 September 200829 September 200840040.00
Newcastle UnitedEngland7 February 20092 April 2009612316.67
Newcastle UnitedEngland1 June 20096 December 20107039171455.71
Birmingham CityEngland22 June 20117 June 20126226211541.94
Norwich CityEngland7 June 2012present0000—
Total14969423846.31

Ian Holloway........

TeamNatFromToRecord
GWDLWin %
Bristol RoversEngland13 May 199629 January 200124790708736.44
Queens Park RangersEngland26 February 20016 February 2006252100817139.68
Plymouth ArgyleEngland28 June 200621 November 20077128232039.44
Leicester CityEngland22 November 200723 May 200832981528.13
BlackpoolEngland21 May 2009Present14757405038.78
Total74928421225337.92

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Cast your eyes towards Blackpool for a clue Lapps.[/quote]

Strange choice Wiz. He made the Prem through the play-offs after finishing 6th, failed to keep them up and also failed to get them back (even with £16m parachute payments). His record compared with Hughton''s is poor to say the least........

Chris Hughton........

Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win %
Tottenham Hotspur England 20 November 1997 25 November 1997 1 0 0 1 0.00
Tottenham Hotspur England 7 September 1998 1 October 1998 6 3 2 1 50.00
Newcastle United England 8 September 2008 29 September 2008 4 0 0 4 0.00
Newcastle United England 7 February 2009 2 April 2009 6 1 2 3 16.67
Newcastle United England 1 June 2009 6 December 2010 70 39 17 14 55.71
Birmingham City England 22 June 2011 7 June 2012 62 26 21 15 41.94
Norwich City England 7 June 2012 present 0 0 0 0 —
Total 149 69 42 38 46.31
Ian Holloway........

Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win %
Bristol Rovers England 13 May 1996 29 January 2001 247 90 70 87 36.44
Queens Park Rangers England 26 February 2001 6 February 2006 252 100 81 71 39.68
Plymouth Argyle England 28 June 2006 21 November 2007 71 28 23 20 39.44
Leicester City England 22 November 2007 23 May 2008 32 9 8 15 28.13
Blackpool England 21 May 2009 Present 147 57 40 50 38.78
Total 749 284 212 253 37.92
[/quote]Yes, I wonder what it is that attracts Wiz to the white anglo-saxon Ian Holloway?