Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Player Mutiny!!

This shitty story in the sun better not be true! Where on earth do we go from here? Seriously! do we accept 20th place and relegation next season?!

If i''ve learned 1 thing over the last 20 years of supporting Norwich, it''s that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is :( seriously, we can''t even progress up the leagues and have a happy ending! I sometimes wonder why i bother!

My only thing positive from this is how great McNally has been through all this! At the end of the day, the manager is in charge of the players and the board/ceo are in charge of the manager, so as long as mcnally is here, we''d be fine (hopefully)

JS, don''t worry mate

As far as I''m aware we''re playing Premiership football next season, I don''t think they''ve demoted us now we''ve lost Lambert

I''m sure the board have a plan in place already for PL''s replacement

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...If i''ve learned 1 thing over the last 20 years of supporting Norwich, it''s that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is ...[/quote]We''ve had it very mild compared to Leeds, Southampton, Bradford(!), Coventry etc. so count our blessings!!

That story is FULL of holes that even we as fans can spot:"Now other players have become frustrated at being kept in the dark over the situation and are considering their futures." - Made up."Player who asked not to be named" - this is paper talk for ''we made this up''..

"Holt, who scored 17 times this season, had agreed a new deal at Norwich after initially handing in a transfer request. But after the manner of Lambert’s exit, Holt decided he still wants to leave and is likely to link up with the Scot at Villa Park." - We know from Holts agent that his request has nothing to do with Lambert leaving.

"Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner and owner Randy Lerner are adamant Lambert was a free agent when they approached him after he quit Carrow Road following his row with his board, as SunSport revealed. But Villa may want to sweeten Lambert’s move by offering the Canaries token compensation, especially if they do reunite Holt with his old gaffer." - All made up, they''re speculating

How many times have posters on this site moaned about Norwich not getting enough media coverage and being ignored, well it looks as if that`s all changed and it`s not very nice is it? We can look forward to lots more of this from now on, well at least it will give us all something to worry about!I think we need to keep a sense of perspective here![:)]

[quote user="K Lo"]
We''ve had it very mild compared to Leeds, Southampton, Bradford(!), Coventry etc. so count our blessings!!
[/quote]

This post reminds me of Doomcaster when he used to be quizzed on the problems facing us.Just refer to clubs who are or have been in a worse position than ourselves.Problem solved then.Just great i feeel so much better for that.![:''(]

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]...If i''ve learned 1 thing over the last 20 years of supporting Norwich, it''s that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is ...[/quote]We''ve had it very mild compared to Leeds, Southampton, Bradford(!), Coventry etc. so count our blessings!![/quote]

That''s a bit like bribing a kid to eat cauliflower by reminding him of all the starving people in Africa.

The thing that gets me about this so called player mutiny is that we''ve just had 4 players sign new contracts. Depending on what you view their worth, it''s still telling that Fox (amazing), Jackson (used a lot last season), Elliot Ward (would have been Lambert''s first choice if not injured), and Korey Smith (great engine and potential) have all signed on.

In the interviews with Ruddy it seems like he''s saying "Right it''s done, let''s move on."

Depending on what you believe about what was happening with Morison he could be very happy that Lambert is out or the complete opposite. Depends which side of the rumours you believe.

So we have Ruddy, Ward, Fox, Drury, Smith, Jackson that seem to be fine with the current situation. Howson only just came on board and having made the difficult decision to leave Leeds I doubt he''d be thinking about uprooting himself again so soon. He has the chance to become our captain very soon as well.

Let''s face it, Lambert''s not going to take the rest of the squad with him so I can''t see many of the rest of our players contemplating heading out as there have been no real outstanding performers that people will be sniffing for.

What new contracts not heard anything about this.  If players mutiny then let one or two go to Championship then see them fold not known for their fortitude, 2 weeks wages fined that''ll teach em.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]This shitty story in the sun better not be true! Where on earth do we go from here? Seriously! do we accept 20th place and relegation next season?! If i''ve learned 1 thing over the last 20 years of supporting Norwich, it''s that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is :( seriously, we can''t even progress up the leagues and have a happy ending! I sometimes wonder why i bother! My only thing positive from this is how great McNally has been through all this! At the end of the day, the manager is in charge of the players and the board/ceo are in charge of the manager, so as long as mcnally is here, we''d be fine (hopefully)[/quote]

Could well be a bit of lazy, sensationalist Soaraway Sun nonsense. You can probably believe about 10% of what the Sun prints.

Well I don''t think I did.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/premier-league-retained-list.pdf

Not trying to muddy the waters, but Paul McVeigh said on the radio a few weeks ago that players with a year option on their contract dont get to choose if it''s taken up or not, the club decides.

But the players will soon settle down, they''re bound to feel abit apprenhensive just like the fans are but I''ve yet to see a real player mutiny after a manager leaves in football.

Inevitable I''m afraid.If we are to stay up next season I think the baggage left behind will need a high turnover of staff. That costs money and I don''t envy the man who takes it on.

[quote]Well I don''t think I did.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/premier-league-retained-list.pdf[/quote]Oh you mean ages ago. I thought you were citing those players as having signed despite the current situation, thus dispelling the idea of a "mutiny".

Is the 19th May when the lists were submitted really ages ago? 2 weeks? Thats when the club had to submit them by. The story was only published yesterday.

Until YellowBeagle said what McVeigh said, there was no reason to think the players had no say in their extensions. Surely it stands to reason that thy could reject the extension?

Assuming (and I will admit I am assuming) that these were 1 year options, then no the player has no say at all, the option is the club''s to take.

Thats what i thought too ''Who let the fox out'' that a player could reject the extension or that it was at least a mutual, but I guess he has first hand experience of these things but who knows maybe the contracts are different to the ones he saw. He was really clear about it though.

The EDP seemed to confirm this morning that Fox, Jackson, Ward and Smith were all staying another year and that Drury was considering a contract offer.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]To be honest, if the players should be angry at anyone it should be Lambert.

He''s the one that''s buggered off.[/quote]I imagine the players signed last summer & January were told they have big futures in the Premier League, and Lambert''s leaving is like saying "but not big enough!"I''m worried about the Holt situation upsetting the players more than Lambert skipping away.  He is one of them, after all, and if one of them is being treated poorly (in his view, at least) by the most senior people at the club them it could happen to any of them.

Charlie Wyett, sun journo ,wrote a story yesterday  with a headline '''' Club in Mutiny''''

Several players and McNally have tweeted since then to suggest thats not the case  including this one from Joe Ferrari

Joe Bradley Ferrari @joe_ferrari

Excellent interview from Russ Martin on Talksport just now. Hardly sounded like the players were about to ''mutiny'' to me ...!

Maybe it should have read ''''Holt in Mutiny'''' which might have been more accurate.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Charlie Wyett, sun journo ,wrote a story yesterday  with a headline '''' Club in Mutiny''''

Several players and McNally have tweeted since then to suggest thats not the case  including this one from Joe Ferrari

Joe Bradley Ferrari @joe_ferrari

Excellent interview from Russ Martin on Talksport just now. Hardly sounded like the players were about to ''mutiny'' to me ...!

Maybe it should have read ''''Holt in Mutiny'''' which might have been more accurate.

[/quote]

Angel (nice to see you back here) if that tweet is from Joe he is paid a  great deal of money[;)] to spin like that! That is his job after all...[:D]