Mail, who had a reporter at the press conference for that Scottish bloke

earlier, there is no news on whether Culverhouse and Karsa are going to

be joining ''him'' or staying with us to work alongside our new manager

(presumingly CH). Do you think there is still a chance that they

will stay? For me personally I think it would great if we could keep

hold of them in order to cause as little diruption to the team as

possible. Also, Culverhouse is said to be a real driving force on the

training field.Source:

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/06/06/aston-villa-live-updates-from-paul-lambert-s-unveiling-as-manager-97319-31123913/

Oh goodo yet another Culverhouse/Karsa thread [:''(] but i will respond.Surely it is not about whether lambert does not take them to Villa but more about would Hughton want them to stay and be part of the new set up ?

The conspiracy theorists on here have suggested that Villa are waiting for Hughton to join and bring his team so that they can then snap up Culverhouse and Karsa without paying compensation - and we would have to pay them off to go if they''re on rolling contracts like Lambert.Sadly it does sound plausible. [:(]I guess if we do pay them off there can be a compromise agreement that states they can''t work for Villa, but the only way I can see to get compensation would be to hang onto them even if they''re surplus to CH''s requirements.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Out of interest Wiz, how do you know when they''re contract ends?[/quote]

All over the ''Villa Talk'' boards via the Birmingham post.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Out of interest Wiz, how do you know when they''re contract ends?[/quote]

All over the ''Villa Talk'' boards via the Birmingham post.

[/quote]

Must be gospel then[:^)]

It will take a while to find out about comp for lambert and team but culverhouse and karsa will not be involved as of tomorrow

[quote user="GRIFFTER45"]It will take a while to find out about comp for lambert and team but culverhouse and karsa will not be involved as of tomorrow[/quote]
Why so cryptic? you''ve been posting all day alluding to being in the know, so who''s the extra coach? Either give us the info or stop making cryptic comments if you''re not goign to tell us what you "know"...?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GRIFFTER45"]It will take a while to find out about comp for lambert and team but culverhouse and karsa will not be involved as of tomorrow[/quote]

Why so cryptic? you''ve been posting all day alluding to being in the know, so who''s the extra coach? Either give us the info or stop making cryptic comments if you''re not goign to tell us what you "know"...?

[/quote]

I will hazard an educated guess that Griffter doesn''t have a clue and that he is guessing, perhaps a bit of an educated guess, but I use the word educated very lightly here that this extra coach is going to be Adam Drury!

Griffter will undoubtedly come back if the above happens and expect that we bow down to his demi-god greatness and hail his brilliance.

[sn]

[quote user="im spartacus"]who the fu(k is gary karsa anyway ? he hasn''t even got a wiki page  [:D][/quote]I thought he was Lambert''s brother-in-law

...it was mentioned a whole ago that Drury was offered a ''role'', presumably coaching, so it is not too big a guess to think that offer is still valid.

Thanks for the email Griff. 

I have been entrusted not to divulge the contents of this secret email and I wont.  I will say though that it''s not Drury!

spill the beans.

I think we need to do all we can to hold on to Culverhouse and Karsa. The players are familiar with them and their style of training and they both know the players well, hopefully Hughton will realise their importance rather than bringing in his own team not that i''ve got anything against Calderwood etc.

Let''s all move on ... send Culverhouse and Karsa to Brum and get a new backroom team in for a new manager. Not thrilled about Hughton but the man will need complete control and a team of staff he knows and trusts to do the best job possible.