Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Michu - The Perfect Buy

This could be a great player for the new Norwich manager ( Chris Hughton ) to look at in the summer and can be purchased at a real bargain price

Michu was the highest scoring midfielder in La Liga in his debut season with his club and considering his team Rayo Vallecano missed out on relegation on the final day of the season makes it an even greater achievement

His release clause is believed to be £3.2m but reports in Spain suggest Rayo are willing to accept £2.2m

He''s being tracked by Man Utd as a cheap option but that doesnt mean they will get him and shouldnt put us off buying him he could be a real bargain

and wages shouldn''t be too much of a problem with this one.

Another factor that could be vital to us landing as he

appears to be great friends with Dani Pacheco who was on loan at Rayo all season and would have no doubt told him excellent things about Norwich which may just be the factor that helps us secure his signature

I love close season. You get some right dribble appear ! One of many we havent heard of and will never see in Green and Yellow :)

If Wigan and Southampton are after him what''s the reaon we can''t enter the running for his signature

If Wigan and Southampton are after him what''s the reason we can''t enter the running for his signature

i dont understand the interest in a lot of european players, the real quality ones will go to the bigger clubs and do well and cost stupid money that city dont have, the others will probably take 8 + months to bed in and thats the last thing Norwich need in a season where we will start with a new manager/coaches etc.

[quote user="technika"]i dont understand the interest in a lot of european players, the real quality ones will go to the bigger clubs and do well and cost stupid money that city dont have, the others will probably take 8 + months to bed in and thats the last thing Norwich need in a season where we will start with a new manager/coaches etc.

[/quote]this post

sometimes you have to gamble on players and hope it pays off and this guy scored 15 goals as a midfielder and is still only 25 maybe he could hit his peak at Norwich also he doesnt seem type of player that would flop

Look at newcastle most of their squad were similar type signings but they paid off

Maybe Michu can be our Cabaye

An interesting player.

At once the technically gifted and skillful Spanish attacking midfielder AND the big, tall and physically powerful centre-forward perfect for English football.

He can do both. In fact, it has been his conversion to the latter that has led to his impressive goal tally this year. He''s also a passionate sort, which can be good and bad- he fights for absolutely everything and gives his all for the team, but has been known to get sent-off when things go badly. Its the negative effects of his passion that has sometimes led him to be accused of lacking ''refinement'' in his play. This is something I don''t agree with, as can be seen by his technique on the ball and vision. Also, not dissimilar to much of our squad, he has spent the majority of his career in the lower leagues (he turned down a move to Real Madrid when he was a teenager to stay at his boyhood club who were struggling).

I have to admit, I like him. If the price is as low as has been reported, I think he might be worth a look.

[quote user="Renskay"]Well you never know stranger things have happened[/quote]

Exactly. Someone was even talking about a Venus transit yesterday.

[quote user="technika"]i dont understand the interest in a lot of european players, the real quality ones will go to the bigger clubs and do well and cost stupid money that city dont have, the others will probably take 8 + months to bed in and thats the last thing Norwich need in a season where we will start with a new manager/coaches etc.[/quote]Nonsense. The ones you refer to as ''quality'' that go to the ''big clubs'' often go via the little clubs that take the chance. Antonia Valencia is a pretty good example of that.. £5m to Wigan > £16m to Man U.As for the bedding in - give me an example of a player that has taken a while to bed in and for every one I bet I can suggest 5 that have hit the ground running.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Renskay"]Well you never know stranger things have happened[/quote]

Exactly. Someone was even talking about a Venus transit yesterday.

[/quote]

Sounds painful.

[quote user="Renskay"]:)[/quote]Just how keen are you to get your post count up? That''s 8 on this thread alone.The cynical might suggest that you''re actually Michu''s agent!

"He''s also a passionate sort, which can be good and bad- he fights for

absolutely everything and gives his all for the team, but has been known

to get sent-off when things go badly. Its the negative effects of his

passion that has sometimes led him to be accused of lacking ''refinement''

in his play."If Hughton can handle Barton... Well. [:)]

Bump... what a shame that this forum does not have more knowledgeable posters like you Rob.Maybe NCFC should be employing you as a scout?

If he is as good as you claim he is we won''t be buying him the summer! He will be the next Joe Allen with a massive price tag on him.

And to think we spent a million quid more on Snodgrass!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I love close season. You get some right dribble appear ! One of many we havent heard of and will never see in Green and Yellow :)
[/quote]

makes you look a bit silly now

It was a good call by Rob, but I think 1 game is too early to say whether he is or isn''t a success.  Just look at Marc Libbra.

Saying that, I did pick him for my Fantasy League team!