Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

John Terry = s**t

Is this guy really going to make the starting eleven in the euro''s? Tonight against Liverpool he is rubbish, against Barca he was an embarrassment. Come on let''s move on from this fool!

"Liverpool first XI beat (almost) Chelsea reserves" shocker. Chelsea won the game they wanted to win, and are saving players for the Euro final, I which Terry can''t play. I doubt they are all that fussed about tonight.

Yes Mister Chops, he is a racist, he''s a team mate wife shagger, he''s a cheat (a dirty one at that, & I''ve moved on from team mates wife''s), he''s also not that good anymore!

Not that I want to stick up for John Terry but it was teamate''s ex-girlfriend.

Christ, and I thought Elliot Wards performance against Liverpool was poor. Terry has just proved what I''ve thought all season: s**t defender, s**t bloke. I nearly cried watching how poor his performance was, it was that funny.
Also Stewart Downing looks like he''s going goal-less in the league this season. Stewart Downing has 33 England appearances. No wonder England''s so c**p

[quote user="Gareth"]Christ, and I thought Elliot Wards performance against Liverpool was poor. Terry has just proved what I''ve thought all season: s**t defender, s**t bloke. I nearly cried watching how poor his performance was, it was that funny.
Also Stewart Downing looks like he''s going goal-less in the league this season. Stewart Downing has 33 England appearances. No wonder England''s so c**p
[/quote]From this mormings Mail online, there is hope?

Terry crisis: England boss Hodgson set to ditch Chelsea captain for Euro 2012

John Terry is in danger of missing the European Championship as Roy Hodgson agonises over whether he can have both the Chelsea captain and Rio Ferdinand in his squad.

The

new England manager still plans to speak to the centre backs before

naming his squad in a week and only after having those conversations -

neither of which have taken place yet - will he decide on the best way

forward.

But as Sportsmail

revealed last week, Hodgson thinks it will be difficult to take both of

them when Terry''s trial for a racially aggravated public order offence

that involves Ferdinand''s brother, Anton, will not take place until

after the tournament.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141547/John-Terry-crisis-Roy-Hodgson-set-ditch-Chelsea-captain-Euro-2012.html#ixzz1uLpNtPWP

when i did my FA Level 2 last year one of the tutors on the course worked for Mourinho at Chelsea...Jon Terry has the worst concentration and positional sense of anyone at Cheslea... the portugese centre back (Forget his name... Valente?) who played With Terry under mourinho when they won the league would spend the wwhole time telling him where to run, where to stand, when to kick and when to head..... basically telling him what to do every game.... and making sure he concentratesit coincided with the golden period of Terrys career.... Rio Ferdinand does similar with Terry for England...once chelsea sold the other guy Terry has been found out a little bit...

Just imagine if we''d won the World Cup last time and for ever more Terry and Lampard would be billed as ''legends'' on tv and in the media.Every cloud has a silver lining.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]
Jon Terry has the worst concentration and positional sense of anyone at Cheslea... the portugese centre back (Forget his name... Valente?) [/quote]

Ricardo Carvalho?

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]Why is it taking so long for John Terry''s case to go to court ?.[/quote]

Because it got mixed up with another bag en route? [:$]

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]Why is it taking so long for John Terry''s case to go to court ?.[/quote]

If I understand correctly his lawyers asked for the case to be put back as key witnesses would not be available prior to this date because of their profession. Which suggests to me that the judge who allowed this has little idea about the spare time most footballers enjoy. Now you can speculate all you like about whether John Terry wanted the trial put back to after Euro 2012 to ensure he would be picked for that tournament buit I couldn''t possible comment. It would be amusing if he didn''t get picked though.

We all know Terry will be at the Euros along with all the other overpaid, overated, egotistic no marks we call world class and i include Mr i never turn up in big games Rooney in that. Thats why we will never win F all.

Surely it would have been best for everyone concerned, to have gone to court and had done with it all by now. I have no idea what the sentence will be, but his career won''t be over whatever the verdict. Ask Lee Hughes and Marlon King for starters.

[quote user="ricky knight"] i include Mr i never turn up in big games Rooney in that.  [/quote]

Is that really true or fair?

People seem very happy to overlook how Rooney has either been injured or coming back from bad injuries at recent international tournaments and hasn''t been in a position to produce anything like his best form.

Even if you look at his club form, go back to the CL final last year - he was probably the only Utd player who looked the part against Barca and scored a quality goal as well.

He''s 26 years old, is the main man for Man Utd and has 4 Premier League winners medals and 1 Champions League medal to his name. He also has a better goal scoring record at international level than Lionel Messi.

You don''t boast records like that if you''re not a big game player.

I think its fair study his record in major tournaments, Euro finals and even against Man City last week just does not do it, scores most of his goals against your Boltons and Blackburns of this world 3 and 4 at a time making his record look real good but is he world class up there with Messi and Ronaldo not imo. Do you think without him we cant win, because with him we have done nout, World class players can win tournaments on their own like pele and maradonna, Rooney not on the same planet.

I think Ricky is referring to Rooney''s previous injuries prior to big tournaments and now this year the suspension.No-one doubts him when he''s on the pitch.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I think its fair study his record in major tournaments, Euro finals and even against Man City last week just does not do it, scores most of his goals against your Boltons and Blackburns of this world 3 and 4 at a time making his record look real good but is he world class up there with Messi and Ronaldo not imo. Do you think without him we cant win, because with him we have done nout, World class players can win tournaments on their own like pele and maradonna, Rooney not on the same planet.[/quote]

But he saved the best for Man Citeh Ricky. He is undoubtaedly a great player. He''s also a great player who works tirelesly for the team on the pitch and to improve his game off it. He has to work a lot harder than Messi and Ronaldo and his game is suited to the Premier League. But international football is a different proposition.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I think its fair study his record in major tournaments, Euro finals and even against Man City last week just does not do it, scores most of his goals against your Boltons and Blackburns of this world 3 and 4 at a time making his record look real good but is he world class up there with Messi and Ronaldo not imo. Do you think without him we cant win, because with him we have done nout, World class players can win tournaments on their own like pele and maradonna, Rooney not on the same planet.[/quote]

Right, you point out the Man City game the other day using it as stick to beat him with but if you were to look at that game fairly you''d surely say that the system Man Utd played left Rooney very isolated. They lost the tactical battle and Rooney was left with far too much to do with very little support.

You indicate that you believe Messi and Ronaldo are world class players and then go on to say that world class players can win a tournament on their own - using Pele and Maradona as examples. Well neither Messi nor Ronaldo have won a World Cup and certainly not on their own. Are they still world class?

Infact, in the CL semi-final Messi failed to score in 2 legs against Chelsea and missed a penalty. Ronaldo missed a crucial penalty in the shoot-out against Bayern. Does that mean that they went missing? Are they no longer world class?

Rooney is a very good player, maybe a great player and perhaps a world class player but for various reasons people dislike him (probably more for perceptions about his character than football reasons) and as such they''ll use anything they can as a stick to beat him with.

All seems a bit wishy-washy to me.

Which tournaments did Pele and Maradona win on their own? Undoubtedly both stars but that is massively disrespectful to the players around them.

[quote user="Edmund"]

Which tournaments did Pele and Maradona win on their own? Undoubtedly both stars but that is massively disrespectful to the players around them.

[/quote]

Pele 58 maradonna 86 no way would the argies won the world cup that year without him every body in the world acknowledged that and Pele in 58 was sensational.

I dont dislike Rooney just feel he is not world class, love him to prove me wrong of course but wont hold my breathe and his goal v Man City the best in 20 years of the prem, no chance.

A predictable response.

Pele in 1958 was 17. He didn''t play in every game and was ably supported by the likes of Garrincha, Didi and Vava, he was the sensation of the tournament and THAT goal in the final with the ball juggling was awesome. But he didn''t win the tournament on his own.

Same with Maradona in 86, he cemented his status as the worlds greatest player but that side still had Daniel Passarella, valdano, Burruchaga etc. Maradona was hugely influential in their success but as I pointed out earlier, to say it was a one man show is disrespectful. Both those sides had other very, very good players in them.

As for Rooney....I''m afraid England don''t have an assortment of very, very good players to support him, the closest we came was in 04 before he got injured.

Without Pele or Maradonna those sides would not have won world cups in them years their contributions would so large but without Rooney i dont think it will make any difference as he does not have a big impact in tournaments as history shows, injuries or not if he aint fit dont take him.

A point on Maradonna he pulled Napoli up by their boot laces for a couple of years he ran the show. Messi Ronaldo, take their 50 plus goals out of their sides, they are world class, where Rooney is just a top class British player imo.but you are more than entitled to yours.

If we''re limiting "world class" to being as good as Pele and Maradonna, then we''re struggling for much more of a list. Only two players ever who have been world class?

Messi''s goalscoring record for Argentina = 1 goal every 3.1 games.

Ronaldo''s goalscoring record for Portugal = 1 goal every 2.75 games.

Rooney''s record for England = 1 goal every 2.6 games.

I''d say that, for their countries, each of those players is playing with a similar calibre of player alongside them, and Rooney''s record is the best.

At club level, Messi''s records are far superior to Rooney''s, but Ronaldo''s are only marginally better in terms of goals per game. And if you look at European competitions (big games?), Ronaldo and Rooney are virtually identical. Even this season, Messi has scored every 0.8 games, Ronaldo every 0.9 games, Rooney every 1.2 games.

Undoubtedly Ronaldo and Messi are more than world class, they''re bordering on the legendary already. But to be fair to Rooney, he isn''t playing alongside Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and Villa, nor is he playing alongside Xabi Alonso, Ozil, Kaka and Di Maria. He''s playing alongside an aging Ggigs and Scholes, Carrick, Valencia and Nani. Not in the same league as the Madrid and barca teammates, but his scoring record is not a million miles behind.

Of course it all depends on where you draw the line at "world class". How many players at any one time can be world class? Two? Or maybe 10? Rooney is up there in the top 5 or 6 for me, and his stats will probably agree. That, for me, is world class. He isn''t legendary like Messi and Ronaldo will be when they retire, but at the moment it''s very harsh not to call him world class!