Sign in to follow this  
Jakesacanary

Lost interest in England

How many of you have now lost all interest in England, now that our Grant has not made the squad.

Yes JR has, but will he feature I think not, so theres the Euros down the swanney for me.

Think i will go fishing instead..........

Lost all interest....!!!!

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]

How many of you have now lost all interest in England, now that our Grant has not made the squad.

Yes JR has, but will he feature I think not, so theres the Euros down the swanney for me.

[/quote]I hope that is sarcasm....

watch it to cheer on the other teams, I mean seriously Carroll?!?! Crouch I could take but man. Holt would have been so proud and played out of his skin.

Seriously pathetic, bowing to the big teams, i will be supporting whoever England play and look forward to them being knocked out in the group stages, dont bother with the unpatriotic jibes, the team should have been picked on merit, end of......

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

Will always support my country but I must admit a lovely story was there to be made.

I now know what kind of manager roy is which is a boring one.

Caroll is simply not in form enough and if he played for NFC he would not be in the squad.

Where are the goals going to come from???

Very sad as the best man did not get the job. When you play for a large club you have to play yourself OUT of an England place.

Not even backup big guy... dissapointed

It is frustrating though. If you can have the season Holt has had, and still not get into the England squad ahead of players who have done feck all (Downing) then there''s something majorly wrong with the selection process in this country.

Totally agree Hodgson is clueless....So sorry for Holty and Proud for JR

Just Booked my 2 week holiday ....Guess When ????  Cant bear to watch our National team get humiliated

How can 3 players from Liverpool 4 if you count Henderson get in the side Come On !!!!!!!

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]A bit of a childish over-reaction, lads. Like a six-year-old not getting his own way when having a kickabout, then taking his ball and going home.

"If Grant Holt doesn''t play, then I am not watching it!" *Storms off in a huff*[/quote]

My track of thought went something like not bothered about it to interested now Holt might play to not bothered about it.  England have been far from inspiring for too long and any team where Carroll and Downing deserve inclusion and Holt doesn''t just amplifies that.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]A bit of a childish over-reaction, lads. Like a six-year-old not getting his own way when having a kickabout, then taking his ball and going home."If Grant Holt doesn''t play, then I am not watching it!" *Storms off in a huff*[/quote]

My track of thought went something like not bothered about it to interested now Holt might play to not bothered about it.  England have been far from inspiring for too long and any team where Carroll and Downing deserve inclusion and Holt doesn''t just amplifies that.

[/quote]Obviously I would''ve liked to have seen Holt in, but I don''t think any of us should''ve been expecting it. I''m not a massive fan of the England team, but come on, we have to support them and being bitter about Holt being omitted is pathetic, childish, and a bit sad.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]A bit of a childish over-reaction, lads. Like a six-year-old not getting his own way when having a kickabout, then taking his ball and going home.

"If Grant Holt doesn''t play, then I am not watching it!" *Storms off in a huff*[/quote]

Well, I hope that Carroll and Welbeck have a crap competition, score feck all goals and Carroll gets red carded. How''s that for sour grapes ?

Think what u like wacky inflatable waving whatever, yr name speaks volumes, you carry on being a happy clappy inflatable waving England fan despite the squad being unfairly picked

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

I hope that is sarcasm....
[/quote]

Why? Do you honestly think that the team will get past the first stages with Carroll up front??!!

I think the point JAC is making is that it just sums up what a stale, predictable, hamstrung set up the England team/squad is, which is a big part of why they''ll NEVER win anything.

[quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]A bit of a childish over-reaction, lads. Like a six-year-old not getting his own way when having a kickabout, then taking his ball and going home.

"If Grant Holt doesn''t play, then I am not watching it!" *Storms off in a huff*[/quote] Well, I hope that Carroll and Welbeck have a crap competition, score feck all goals and Carroll gets red carded. How''s that for sour grapes ?[/quote]

Hahah! [:D]

Happy clappy waving England fan? Oh dear. Last time I checked I was English. Why would I not support my country in an international tournament? They won''t be getting my money - it''s not like City where you''re paying for season tickets etc. - I''ll be sat in a pub watching them play, cheering them on with a pint in hand. So if we''re crap we''re crap. I''ll still want us to win though. Seems crazy to me for anyone who enjoys football not to want to support his country at a major international competition, but there you go!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]I hope that is sarcasm....[/quote]

Why? Do you honestly think that the team will get past the first stages with Carroll up front??!!

I think the point JAC is making is that it just sums up what a stale, predictable, hamstrung set up the England team/squad is, which is a big part of why they''ll NEVER win anything.

[/quote]Carroll won''t be a starter anyway, and we are still favourites to win the group. Whether or not we win it is another matter, but I fancy us to qualify, and then get done in the quarters by Spain or Italy.And to say we will never win a tournament? Times change. Give us 10/15 years and we might assemble a world class squad- Spain were a bit of a joke and notorious bottle jobs as recently as ten years ago.

[quote user="Aggy"]Happy clappy waving England fan? Oh dear. Last time I checked I was English. Why would I not support my country in an international tournament? They won''t be getting my money - it''s not like City where you''re paying for season tickets etc. - I''ll be sat in a pub watching them play, cheering them on with a pint in hand. So if we''re crap we''re crap. I''ll still want us to win though. Seems crazy to me for anyone who enjoys football not to want to support his country at a major international competition, but there you go![/quote]Same. I''m not even patriotic (in comparison to most English people) but I want us to win the bloody thing, Holt or no Holt.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]

[/quote]

I hope that is sarcasm....
[/quote]

[/quote]

Carroll won''t be a starter anyway, and we are still favourites to win the group. Whether or not we win it is another matter, but I fancy us to qualify, and then get done in the quarters by Spain or Italy.

And to say we will never win a tournament? Times change. Give us 10/15 years and we might assemble a world class squad- Spain were a bit of a joke and notorious bottle jobs as recently as ten years ago.
[/quote]

Fair enough. Different opinions I guess. Just that I think the decision to pick Carroll over Holt is symptomatic of the politics and other BS which stifles English football to the extent that I''ll be completely amazed (though very pleased obviously) if we ever won a tournament in my lifetime.

Agree to differ I guess [:)] 

I just grateful that Zamora is not in the squad.

Carroll has a bigger physical presence than Holt and to be fair, Liverpool have not played to his strengths all season, and have hardly played him, so he will be fresher, and of course he is much younger than Holt, and Hodgson is also thinking more long-term. Holt has had a very demanding season and a rest for him will be good for us. Carroll though has to play well or the knives will be out. He had fitness problems earlier in the season and there must be a worry over him as he will surely be starting the first two games.  Let''s give him a chance though and hope that Hodgson is a ''lucky'' manager.

Have lost interest in the England team for a good few years now, bit like the Premier League without NCFC.....the only team I follow are Norwich City FC. Although I am gutted for Holt as I think he deserved his place. I''m kind of glad too as a well rested Holt in the Prem next season is more important to me than a worn out or god forbid injured Holt having come back from the Euro''s would or could have been

Well done JR pleased for you!!!

Sorry Holty "your country doesnt need you"....but "your club sure as hell do"

England winning the Euro''s V Norwich gaining a 3rd season in the Prem......no contest!!!!

I fear it''ll be the same old squit from England this summer; all the most famous names in English football sprt of running round a pitch not knowing what the other 10 players are doing. Come a well organsied Sweden or who ever, who all the beer-bellied, bare-chested drunk England fans will dismiss out of hand who will then coolely slot a few goals past us and then it''ll be the same old squit on the daily rags the next day.Of course, I''m chuffed that Ruddy got his place and hope that the experience will further his game. I honestly beleive that Holt deserves a place in the squad. What wasn''t factored in the "Premier goals scored" was that Rooney didn''t have to play against Man U etc !!

England games are a jolly boys outings for the same of faces and teams, i have never been too bothered about international games, care even less now, with with Mr Charisma in charge.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Carroll has a bigger physical presence than Holt and to be fair, Liverpool have not played to his strengths all season, and have hardly played him, so he will be fresher, and of course he is much younger than Holt, and Hodgson is also thinking more long-term. Holt has had a very demanding season and a rest for him will be good for us. Carroll though has to play well or the knives will be out. He had fitness problems earlier in the season and there must be a worry over him as he will surely be starting the first two games.  Let''s give him a chance though and hope that Hodgson is a ''lucky'' manager.

[/quote]

Really?  What utter hogwash.  If he was thinking more long term, the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Lampard wouldn''t be in the squad and the likes of Micah Richards, Aaron Lennon, Tom Cleverley and Daniel Sturridge in the squad.

Also, no Michael Carrick, England''s most cultured midfielder.

Roy Hodgson has become a laughing stock almost immediately.

That''s why Woy was picked as Manager. I feel quite immature at the mo, so England with all these so called big names can get stuffed ...... except Ruddy of course!

[quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Really?  What utter hogwash.  If he was thinking more long term, the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Lampard wouldn''t be in the squad and the likes of Micah Richards, Aaron Lennon, Tom Cleverley and Daniel Sturridge in the squad.

[/quote]

Thinking longer-term does not mean throwing out everybody that has valuable international experience. Gerrard is Captain and Lampard is a Champions League finalist, whereas your ideas of those younger players, especially injury-prone Lennon, and greedy, non-scoring Strurridge are dodgy IMO.  Evolution is the key, not revolution. Holt has no international experience whatsoever and is 31, so I stand by my comments.

To be perfectly honest, I''m not always convinced of this "old boys brigade" argument. The likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole etc. have been playing champions league football consistently for the past 10 years. Who else has been? Do we really think they don''t care? If they put in performances where they didn''t care, they''d be out.

I don''t think for one minute it''s that they don''t care enough or that we have needed players from outside of this "old boys'' brigade" to be picked instead. You pick your best players. Unfortunately, our best players aren''t good enough. Simple as that. Replacing our best players with worse players, just because those worse players "care more" (apparently) will only weaken our chances even more.

Now that the likes of Lampard etc. are getting on, then yeah it''s fair enough to start replacing some of them - Rio has been replaced on the back of, apparently, Fergie saying that he couldn''t hack a game every 3 or 4 days. So good decision to drop him. Lampard and Gerrard have been good this season, who else would you pick ahead of them?

Players from the same teams are picked, because those teams are at the top of the English game. You wouldn''t be playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool in the champions league if you weren''t a good player. That''s why players who are playing at Everton, Villa, Bolton etc. etc. aren''t playing champions league football - they''re not as good. So why should they be picked for England above someone who is good enough to be playing champions league football? http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-18.gif

[quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m slightly interested in the statement in bold - would it be possible for you to supply more detail please?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Aggy"]Happy clappy waving England fan? Oh dear. Last time I checked I was English. Why would I not support my country in an international tournament? They won''t be getting my money - it''s not like City where you''re paying for season tickets etc. - I''ll be sat in a pub watching them play, cheering them on with a pint in hand. So if we''re crap we''re crap. I''ll still want us to win though. Seems crazy to me for anyone who enjoys football not to want to support his country at a major international competition, but there you go![/quote]

Same. I''m not even patriotic (in comparison to most English people) but I want us to win the bloody thing, Holt or no Holt.
[/quote]

But that''s the point.  If we win it validates the whole corrupt, cosy system.   If we are thrashed and humiliated often enough then perhaps things will change and we will properly train our kids to be intelligent adept footballers to match Holland, Germany, Spain , Italy and most of the rest of mainland Europe.   If 2006 and 2010 have not been enough to force the FA to restructure football and to force the media from its adolation of anyone playing in the top four and nobody else, then I hope for another humiliation in 2012.

Not sure what I thought Hodgson might do but he shown his colours now and I''m glad for Ruddy, really I am, he deserves the recognition alone but I don''t know what he''ll get out of the experience.

Carroll and Downing I ask you, names to fill that beating breast with pride? Players to inspire and fill you with confidence? Mediocre at best are my thoughts.

We''ll be in Italy for the Euros, I had ideas above my station of standing in the local bar outshouting the Italians around us but I think I''ll keep a low profile now and endure their wry humour when I pick up the paper in the mornings.

Fcks sake.

Cambridge - but where does our support come into that? If we win, I''d suggest that rather than validating the whole corrupt system, it would suggest that the system was working quite fine!

If we get thrashed and humiliated often enough, then yes, perhaps things will change. However, me sitting in a pub supporting England, or me sitting in a pub not supporting England is not going to make any difference to whether we win or get thrashed. And, as I''m English, I''d quite like to see my country winning things and being the best at something.