Sign in to follow this  
notreallyhere

A message of thanks to Norwich fans

[quote user="Kippax"]

None of the above makes Manchester City any better than Norwich City, we all see our own clubs in the light that suits us at the time, but hopefully I have given you a better insight into my club. I might not have changed your view of us, but perhaps you may think of us in not such a harsh light as you seem to have judged us.

Good Luck

Kippax.

[/quote]

It was another good post Kippax. Whether you''ve given me an insight into your club is debateable. We are all always so occupied with our own club so that doesn''t really matter. But what you have done is come here and patiently remind us that we are basically all the same. Whether it''s Citeh, United, us or the binners. None of us have any control over who owns our club or how it is run. So I guess when the insults come in we all operate the defence mechanisms and in some cases probably try to defend the indefensible.

I suspect your owners are probably going about owning the club in the right way. As on a different scale ours are. But the Premier League competition isn''t really a fair one with such a huge difference in the fundings of the clubs. That isn''t in anyway the fault of the Manchester City fans though. Just like the binners antics of sending money up into the Newcastle underworld whilst not paying the money they owe to their own Borough Council is not the fault of the binner fans. And the Glazers borrowing so much money against the club is not the fault of United fans. Only the most fickle of fans turn their backs on their clubs so none of us are really in any position to criticise those that don''t.

Good luck for the last few games buddy. And pop back in to see us now and again[Y]

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Gruffalo"] There has always been a direct correlation between money spent and league position, with a few teams performing over and above the levels expected of them and a few teams unable to reach the levels expected of them each season.[/quote]

Evidence and sources please.

[/quote]

He doesn''t need them !

[/quote]

Smugallo must have a fairy godmother at Archant. When he makes himself look a complete dick he somehow manages to get his posts removed. We are each responsible for what we post. Shame he is no longer accountable what he posted.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="JF"]Other than Arsenal every team that has won the Premier league has bought the title so good luck to City and their fans. Blackburn did it with Walkers money, Man U have broke the British transfer record time and time again. And obviously Cheski''s money.[/quote]

Don''t Arsenal buy players then? I assume they got TH and CF for free and paid them peanuts. 

[/quote]Since Wenger''s appointment Arsenal have spent £314,750,000 on new players, but have recouped £310,524,000 of this so their total  net outcome is only -£4,226,000So yes, they do buy players, but they also get their money back when selling as well.Compare this to:Chelsea: -£504,645,000Man City: -£473,257,000Liverpool: -£204,460,000Man Utd: -£175,325,000Spurs: -£174,722,500And it''s clearly a very different story with Arsenal than the rest. They might buy good players (still for generally less than the rest), but they also recoup this back almost completely.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Smugallo must have a fairy godmother at Archant. When he makes himself look a complete dick he somehow manages to get his posts removed. We are each responsible for what we post. Shame he is no longer accountable what he posted.

[/quote]

Not true surely Nutty as Duffalo has stated mor than once that there are cry babies who run to Pete to put a stop to him making us look complete "fools". Now if Duffalo states that as fact he must be right.[:P]

Do you know what Tilly? I can see the other side of the argument when you come stamping in with your size nines all over a thread with a comment designed to ramp up the aggro after The Gruff has had all day to come back to Nige''s comment and the thread has more or less been allowed to get back on course.

Just saying''....

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Do you know what Tilly? I can see the other side of the argument when you come stamping in with your size nines all over a thread with a comment designed to ramp up the aggro after The Gruff has had all day to come back to Nige''s comment and the thread has more or less been allowed to get back on course. Just saying''....[/quote]

Size ten actually mate[;)] but i find it strange that he has not been around tonight yet but not complaining mind you......Just saying[:P]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="JF"]Other than Arsenal every team that has won the Premier league has bought the title so good luck to City and their fans. Blackburn did it with Walkers money, Man U have broke the British transfer record time and time again. And obviously Cheski''s money.[/quote]

Don''t Arsenal buy players then? I assume they got TH and CF for free and paid them peanuts. 

[/quote]Since Wenger''s appointment Arsenal have spent £314,750,000 on new players, but have recouped £310,524,000 of this so their total  net outcome is only -£4,226,000

So yes, they do buy players, but they also get their money back when selling as well.

Compare this to:

Chelsea: -£504,645,000
Man City: -£473,257,000
Liverpool: -£204,460,000
Man Utd: -£175,325,000
Spurs: -£174,722,500

And it''s clearly a very different story with Arsenal than the rest.

They might buy good players (still for generally less than the rest), but they also recoup this back almost completely.
[/quote]

That is a pretty amazing stat when you think about it.Maybe some of the Gooners that were on his case earlier this season should see it.

Just a few responses to some comments that I didn''t have time to address the other night, due to the lateness of the hour.....Nutty nigel---- You''re right mate. In Delia you have an owner who cares very passionately about the club and it''s supporters, but I just fear for her a little bit. Lambert has done an awesome job for you this season and in my opinion deserves the manager of the season award, but there is going to come a point, whether it be this season or next, when he will need to invest heavily in ythe squad and I just wander if Delia still has the financial clout to deliver. With all that she has done for the club over the years her pot of gold must have withered some. So you may well find yourself needing some kind of sugar daddy.. The FIFA financial fair play ruling will go some way to forcing clubs to live within their means providing it is enforced. But if it is rigourously enforced then we may find several clubs, especially Italian going to the wall, whilst others will generate extra income by the only way they can, Yep you guessed it, by hitting the fan with increased ticket prices, which none of us want.   If anything the ruling is too little too late. We have been lucky to have made the huge strides that we have before the ruling came into force otherwise we may have taken decades to catch THEM up, unless they go into free fall when Red Nose retires LOL Here''s hoping.Robert N LiM---Some of the above applies to your post and some stuff I put in my second post also applies, but in essence I agree. I would have loved it if John Wardle could have coninued his Chairmanship but unfortunately, as he admitted, he just couldn''t afford it. I actually feel closer to the club now that at any point over the last thirty years, much of that is down to the efforts of our former Chief Exec Garry Cook,( please don''t go there about his demise Lol) who recognised the value of the supporter and was responsible for many of the fan initiatives over the last few years You would often see him mixing with fans on Tours and away European fixtures sounding them out and gathering ideas. Never known that before, a genuinely Good Guy!Just to pick you up on the selling out point. I''m afraid that every club has sold their soul, in part at least, to Sky TV. And to be fair many would have gone bust a long time ago if it hadn''t been for the millions each club recieve, but isn''t that down to poor business management. I''ve always wandered about how that works. I spend my hard earned cash on a match ticket of say £45 and make the effort to get up off my bum and physically go and see them whilst someone can for say £1 see the same game live on TV in the comfort of their own home, whist the club takes both our monies. Now wouldn''t it be great if the clubs put aside say just 10% of Television income and offset that against the price of  tickets to reward the loyalty of the fans that can be bothered to turn up. Now what a difference that would make to the price of our season tickets eh?   Beauseant---- Thanks for your kind words mate. Know The Bradford well and as you say, it''s a bit of a, shall we say, dive Lol. As I pointed out in another post, I firmly believe that that mixing with opposition fans is a good thing to do. You don''t tend to get too much trouble at games these days so mixing and getting to know the enemy :) is a lot easier. I think that with the amount of football coverage these days fans are generally more clued up. Always found The Geordies and The Gooners to be high up on the list. Have made friends with people from many many clubs over the years and always make a point of meeting up for a chin wag before games. Just adds to what is generally a fantastic day out.Purple Canary---- Totally arbitary mate, apparently our owners were seriously looking at Everton. Everton! I ask you Pah!!!!! Lol. Obviously good news for us and bad news for them. Loland Smith hust score----- When Wardle sold theclub to Frank, he truely thought he was doing the right thing, but as was later discovered, this was probably the last individual that he should have sold the club too. A Public Relations disaster and very much almost saw us go out of business. There are a lot of dodgy  wanna be football club owners out there.Generation A47.... Ahhhh! The Rivalry! The mor senior of our supporters(say over fourty), like myself, are perhaps more tolerant of  *nited fans. Afterall we pretty much grew up with each other. From a personal point of view it''s not really their supporters that I hate, It''s *anchester *nited PLC and evrything that is associated with it ( and please don''t start me off about the Munich Air Disaster) that I truly dislike. The younger generation of fans do seem to have a true hatred towards their *ed neighbours which borders on the point of being vicious.This probably stems from the fact that for the last 35 years we have been chasing them without much success. Whilst we were getting relegated to the third tier I think I''m right in saying that they won the treble. They were winning trophies whilst we were bumbling along from one disaster to another. And all this time we were having it rammed down our throat on a daily basis, one of the disadvatages of being so close to your arch rivals is that you see them evety day giving them ample time to rub your noses in it. You are extremely lucky that your rivals are so far down the road so there is very little chance of you bumping into one following an embarrassing defeat against Mansfield whilst they are beating Bayern Munich. I don''t think that ever before has a teams fans suffered so much due to the success of their bitterest and closest rivals.Well now, we are within touching distance of them, and they don''t like it. They don''t like it at all, and they are afraid, because they know that sometime soon it is going to be pay back time. And they''ve never had to deal with that before. And I suppose if I''m honest a lot of the younger fans are carrying a certain amount of arrogance about them, but that''s only because it will soon be their chance to dish it out! And why not...............Kippax..

My sister (all 4ft 11ins of her) was stamped on at Maine Road in 1970. We spent the day in hospital. Your younger fans wore bovver boots in those days.

You win nothing with just money. Nothing that lasts long, anyway.

Thanks for the reply Kippax - this has been a great conversation, exactly what these boards should be for. I''ve always found Man City''s fans great,  and if you are managing to retain that special sense of togetherness which being a football fan is all about, in my opinion, despite all the money that''s flooding into your club, then fair play to you. All the best for the rest of the season.

"and I just wander if Delia still has the financial clout to deliver. With all that she has done for the club over the years her pot of gold must have withered some"

Kippax, there is an irony here that you have joined this discussion to dispel misconceoptions about Man. City.

Because you seem to have swallowed the myth perpetrated by the media that Delia "bankrolls" NCFC.

Her personal fortune was £23 million in 2011, so she has never been rich in the sense of oil barons or foreign investment funds.

To put this into context, £23 million would probably not pay a year''s wages for all your playing staff not even at Carrow Road on Saturday (Owen Hargreaves et al). Only Chelsea, with its equally chequered and often unsuccessful history pre-Abramovich, could conceivably do the same. But they are backed by a grinning multi-billionaire who seems never to attend away games, unlike Delia.

When, one day, you overcome United, many fans across the country will feel that, like Blackburn 20 years ago, you will have bought the league.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Thanks for the reply Kippax - this has been a great conversation, exactly what these boards should be for. I''ve always found Man City''s fans great,  and if you are managing to retain that special sense of togetherness which being a football fan is all about, in my opinion, despite all the money that''s flooding into your club, then fair play to you. All the best for the rest of the season.[/quote]

Agree with RNL.

Despite the '' yah-boo '' nonsense between Norwich fans on here - normal in most threads tbh - this has been a good thread with sensible views from both sides. When an opposition fan try''s to join in a conversation it very often quickly descends into name calling.Thankfully it was only the usual '' home '' suspects who got up to their normal tricks.

Let''s do it all again next season. 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Thankfully it was only the usual '' home '' suspects who got up to their normal tricks.

[/quote]

Name ''em and Shame ''em!!!

[:|]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]Since Wenger''s appointment Arsenal have spent £314,750,000 on new players, but have recouped £310,524,000 of this so their total  net outcome is only -£4,226,000

So yes, they do buy players, but they also get their money back when selling as well.

Compare this to:

Chelsea: -£504,645,000
Man City: -£473,257,000
Liverpool: -£204,460,000
Man Utd: -£175,325,000
Spurs: -£174,722,500

And it''s clearly a very different story with Arsenal than the rest.

They might buy good players (still for generally less than the rest), but they also recoup this back almost completely.
[/quote]

That is a pretty amazing stat when you think about it.Maybe some of the Gooners that were on his case earlier this season should see it.

[/quote].....and they paid in excess of £400M for the Emirates and have nearly cleared their debt, so would expect them to start having a bigger outlay on players in the future.