Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

NCFC ticketing policy/online shop

...is absolutely f**king village. Premiership team, premiership fans, and an embarrassment of website & ticketing policy.

Why we can''t have a points system held against each "customers" number is beyond me? VILLAGE!

even if you were an away season ticket holder the season before, you still have to send in away stubs? why?

And the farce that it is shown to be floored as they give you the stubs back so "your pal" can use the same tickets as HIS away stubs? eh? Sort it out NCFC.

As for that clonky website - it was designed on an Amstrad!

Exactly, why should a Season Ticket Holder with 9 away stubs have as much chance of getting tickets as a Season Ticket Holder who has none? There should be a points system like every other well supported club has, with games such as Newcastle away earning you 3 points and Ipswich away (not that we''ll be playing them for a while) earning you 1 point. Then when the away tickets go on sale, fans with for example, 15 points get the opportunity to buy tickets for a couple of days, and then 12 points for a couple of days, etc, etc until the allocation of tickets is all gone. It will be much fairer, less time consuming, less effort and better customer service! I might e-mail the club about this it''s time for a change!

bang on EC.

I''ve always though it was a little unfair that someone who travels 100''s mile to watch them away has no better chance than someone who has a season ticket and picks the big games.

Its not only online go to the ticket office and you can find one person serving whilst everyone is on the phone or doing something that is more important than serving customers that have to patiently wait. It sometimes seems customers are a nuisance and complain at your peril they aren''t wrong!

But what about the wig wearers GP[:^)]

It seems a wig wearing away season ticket holder who happily claps along with the goal music gets first dibs[:@]

I don''t think the club put this system into place. I think it was done by the SCG. But someone will soon correct me if I''m wrong. A points system would be more flawed than what we already have. And the stubs are marked so cannot be re-used. The big flaw there is that someone with 20 stubs has 10 to pass onto their mates. However, by doing so they probably reduce their own chances.

This points system makes absolute sense.   Easy to set up - will be fairer.    Missed out on all ballots this season even though  I''ve been to most of the other away games.     I am sure this will be looked at by the club at some stage - the sooner the better.   As for the goal music - it annoys me at matches and on TV it sounds trashy and cheap.  

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It seems a wig wearing away season ticket holder who happily claps along with the goal music gets first dibs[:@]

I don''t think the club put this system into place. I think it was done by the SCG. But someone will soon correct me if I''m wrong. A points system would be more flawed than what we already have. And the stubs are marked so cannot be re-used. The big flaw there is that someone with 20 stubs has 10 to pass onto their mates. However, by doing so they probably reduce their own chances.

[/quote]

I was never a member but I thought all the SCG could do was make suggestions and/or recommendations. And it may have recommended this system. But as I understood the situation it was always the club that made the decisions; the SCG was an advisory body only.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I was never a member but I thought all the SCG could do was make suggestions and/or recommendations. And it may have recommended this system. But as I understood the situation it was always the club that made the decisions; the SCG was an advisory body only.

[/quote]

You''re probably right Purple. I was never part of it either. But from what I have been told it was a true consultative process. Nothing like the way the club operates now.

Maybe the current system is out-dated. Maybe a points system would be fairer. But my instinct is to trust the system put together through true consultation with away fans rather than something replacing it borne out of frustration because we are Premier League and the BIG GAMES are sold out.

I believe Blackburn tickets are £15 Adults and £5 kids. I don''t think it''s going to ballot.

Not sure if the kids will be able to see the game, that''s probably why it''s only a fiver[:O][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re probably right Purple. I was never part of it either. But from what I have been told it was a true consultative process. Nothing like the way the club operates now.

Maybe the current system is out-dated. Maybe a points system would be fairer. But my instinct is to trust the system put together through true consultation with away fans rather than something replacing it borne out of frustration because we are Premier League and the BIG GAMES are sold out.

I believe Blackburn tickets are £15 Adults and £5 kids. I don''t think it''s going to ballot.

Not sure if the kids will be able to see the game, that''s probably why it''s only a fiver[:O][;)]

[/quote]

Indeed. The SCG may have had its flaws, and probably needed reforming, but I think the new regime at Carrow Road would have benefited from that kind of collective wisdom on occasion. This system for away fans, for example, and the grading of home games,which I mentioned on another thread.

Still, look on the bright side...at least I have a bit more choice musically than thinking going to see Rod Stewart is a good thing!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Exactly, why should a Season Ticket Holder with 9 away stubs have as much chance of getting tickets as a Season Ticket Holder who has none? There should be a points system like every other well supported club has, with games such as Newcastle away earning you 3 points and Ipswich away (not that we''ll be playing them for a while) earning you 1 point. Then when the away tickets go on sale, fans with for example, 15 points get the opportunity to buy tickets for a couple of days, and then 12 points for a couple of days, etc, etc until the allocation of tickets is all gone. It will be much fairer, less time consuming, less effort and better customer service! I might e-mail the club about this it''s time for a change![/quote]They probably already know, it''s down to us all to complain.  They probably haven''t had enough supporters telling them what they think.  As with many businesses, if nobody complains they assume everybody is a happy camper.

The online ticketing site is fairly obviously unfit for purpose. Each time a new game goes on sale the thing locks out because it can''t handle more than a handful of people online at once.As for the away application process, the fairness of the priority group system is debatable (I''ve got 8 away stubs yet could get beaten to Arsenal tickets by someone with none), but just the fact you''ve got thousands of fans handing in thousands of pieces of paper with their bank details on seems rather archaic now. For me it''s meant plenty of unnecessary trips to Carrow Road to hand in forms, as I''d rather not post them. I would suggest maybe it''s time to have away applications completely based online, but maybe that''s not a good idea until the club get the present online ticketing site sorted!

I think a points system for away tickets is much fairer.I didn''t go to Sunderland or Newcastle this season but those that did deserve special recognition as they were probably our furthest fixtures and both were on TV. Under a points system those that did go would get perhaps double points. There are other less attractive away fixture that ought to qualify for some sort of uplift too.Can''t agree that a completely online away applications system should be brought in. Not everyone is happy/ capable of doing business online.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]...is absolutely f**king village. Premiership team, premiership fans, and an embarrassment of website & ticketing policy.

Why we can''t have a points system held against each "customers" number is beyond me? VILLAGE![/quote]I had to look up the term ''village'' in the Urban Dictionary.

nah, neither of those meanings from where I live. Isn''t urban dictionary a yank thing?

Village = small. Local football team unable to get a ref for a match therefore one of the managers has to do it = village. (I speak from experience there)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]I think a points system for away tickets is much fairer.

I didn''t go to Sunderland or Newcastle this season but those that did deserve special recognition as they were probably our furthest fixtures and both were on TV. Under a points system those that did go would get perhaps double points. There are other less attractive away fixture that ought to qualify for some sort of uplift too.

Can''t agree that a completely online away applications system should be brought in. Not everyone is happy/ capable of doing business online.
[/quote]

I agree with this Smithy, and it''s been argued many times before. But giving extra points for these games won''t improve many peoples chances. I would say that most of those who went to Sunderland for a Monday night game that''s live on Sky would be in the top priority groups anyway.

As a result of this season’s matches where most were on application, surely next season is the time to change the system over to make the away application system fairer to all. The old argument that a record of away games attended was difficult to keep due to cash admission or one person buying tickets for a group is much less relevant now as almost all away games will have been on application and NCFC will have a record of the customer numbers who bought the tickets.

I’m not sure which away games went to general sale immediately, possibly Wigan, Sunderland, Bolton but if these stubs were registered during the summer, NCFC would have most of the data required for to set up a points system. They already have the season ticket and membership data plus home games attended.

And I agree with the comments about if an away game is televised, there’s a different points weighting.

*bump*

I''ve just spoken to the club about the current ticketing deal and "they are 100% happy with the current system" as "they have know of circumstances when clubs that have gone down the point system route have unfairness"..."for example, some people have more points from 2 away games than a fan who has been to 10 home games"...I replied "well surely its then down to the club to set the points fairly so this doesn''t happen".

It went very silent.

I take over as head of operations at NCFC with immediate effect.

I can understand why the Club hasn''t invested reasonable funds into enhancing the online ticketing system, given our precarious financial state even as recently as last season. However, now McNally has suggested we''re now behaving like a Big Club on the kit front, surely it''s about time some cash was invested in making out IT Premier standard?

[quote user="spencer 1970"]*bump*

I''ve just spoken to the club about the current ticketing deal and "they are 100% happy with the current system" as "they have know of circumstances when clubs that have gone down the point system route have unfairness"..."for example, some people have more points from 2 away games than a fan who has been to 10 home games"...I replied "well surely its then down to the club to set the points fairly so this doesn''t happen".

It went very silent.

I take over as head of operations at NCFC with immediate effect.[/quote]Can we use "hamlet" instead of "village", I think we''re doing "village" an injustice.  How can they think the current system works?

[quote user="spencer 1970"]*bump*

It went very silent.

I take over as head of operations at NCFC with immediate effect.[/quote]

So they mimic a points system that does work.  

This debate doesn''t effect me too much as i don''t go to many away games, but with this point system people are suggesting, i can imagine you could get to a point where it''s the same fans going to most away games. While it may seem unfair at the moment that a fan who has gone to 8 away games has the same chance of getting a ticket through the ballot system as a fan who has gone to no away game, there could be reasons why the fan hasn''t been able to go, such as being stationed abroad most of the year, it would then be a bit unfair that these fans would never get a chance to attend a high profile away games because they can''t accumulate many points. Basically what i am saying as the point system would alienate a huge group of fans from getting tickets for the occasional away game, with the same group of fans attending each one.

I think you''ve missed the point Pricey...fans who dont go away from year to year shouldn''t have the same amount of privilege as someone who goes to 8 away games a season, just the same as someone (like me) who only goes to home games 3-4 times a season shouldn''t have the same priority as someone who has a season ticket or goes to 10 games a season.

WHY, in this day and age should anyone have to keep bits of paper and hand them in (or give spares to pals who need them) when surely the club can tell how many games I''ve been to by the tickets allocated to my customer number?

this is how Spurs (a big growded up club) do it.

season ticker holder - 30pts per season or an average of 2 points per home game. Arsenal home being a 1pts, Wigan 3pts. On away games its from 1pt (Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal/etc) to 5pts (Swansea, Blackburn, and all tuesday night cup games against lower league opposition).

SO, when Spurs played Stevenage away in the cup and could only take 1500 tickets unless you had loads of points, it wasnt even worth trying. So the most loyal fans got to see the game and tick another ground off the list.

What would happen if the same happened to us and we got Histon in the cup next season? Well we''d do what we do now and have a ballot, or a raffle, or draw straws, or have an egg and spoon race in the car park or summut!

F**kin'' "Hamlet" (thanks Matt)

Come on Norwich! Ditch the Commodore 64''s and get a proper system!

Man City have a points system, was explained to me on the train on the way back to the London by a pal who was at the game. He’s a Man City fan which made the journey home tough, but he didn’t gloat that much! Their loyalty scheme is built up over years of games and he’s not that badly positioned in the queue being a season ticket holder and having attended around half a dozen away games a season for the last few years.

For each game, there’s a loyalty point window to apply for tickets; so the longer they are on sale, the less loyalty points are needed to secure a ticket. He only just got a ticket for the Norwich game, but his daughter (my elder daughter Gemma’s best pal) missed out. In their system everyone knows when they can apply for match tickets and where they are in the queue.

As I’ve previously posted NCFC have most of the customer data on matches this season and who was in the P2 group in the Championship season. So the information is there to start the system off in a way that is fair to most fans.

If it is not possible to implement a priority system for season 2012/13 lets at least have a second group of 5 aways to make it fairer for those who have at least attended a few away games this season. I appreciate that there would be a requirement for some stubs to be registered for this but this would be only for away games which went straight to general sale. All stubs to be registered before the season starts. No exceptions. (I appreciate that an away gamey went to general sale after application eg Stoke but some rules need to me made)

Assuming we have a proper priority system for 2013/14 season and NCFC can get this organised we also insist that customer numbers are provided at the point of purchase for all non application games for season 2012/13 to start to count for loyalty points the season after. This will mean the stubs system can finally go. Hooray.

Next season’s order would be

1 Away s/t

2 NCFC s/t + 10 aways

3 NCFC s/t + 5 aways and also members with 10 aways

4 NCFC season ticket holders

5 NCFC members

6 Others

And I think the reason we all have to fill out and post or fax off application forms is to do with a rule on holding bank details. Exactly what this is I’m not sure as presumably credit card details are held for away season ticket holder but not for the rest of us. Hopefully someone will know.