Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Clint Dempsey

Lambert was just on SSN saying how he feels he is out of our price range and won''t be coming here, but I hadn''t read anywhere that we were even interested? If this is the calibre of players we are trying to get next season, it could be a hell of a good season!!

There is no way in the world Clint Dempsey would sign for Norwich, I think Lambert might have been having one of his little dry jokes by even referring to him.

It was asked by someone in the press conference this morning at Colney. I couldn''t believe that question. For me Dempsey is the best player from outside the top 6. If he moves it will be to a top 6 team. The idea that he would come here or that we could afford him is absolutely laughable and that''s being generous.

He''s out of our range for sure. I heard a rumour last week that he is being lined up for Arsenal. He''s definitely a top four player IMO.  

Prob my favourite player in the premiership outside of our squad, he is classy, has drive and amazing talent. Actually probably my favourite premiership player, never in your face, does his talking on the pitch only.In my dream team I would love him to join us here. One of the top four is going to get him at a snip really he is much better than andy carrol or jordan henderson. Hence his value should be over £15million.I do think we should look at American players and north american players they have a drive, a winning drive that is in instilled in them as they grow up. I think they are great leaders, their fitness and tenacity is exceptional compared to many UK players. It is one reason why I def. think Stuart Holden is ideal, however again from Lamberts stance he may be out of our price range.It def. goes back to that project we set to find new investors and after 12 months they found no-one. As I said we may have to sell to get a good bit of money in to then spend on a good player. Howson and Bennett both look premiership class so I trust Lambert to pick wisely.But Clint Dempsey will always be a favourite current player in the prem, the model attacking midfielder.

I think this ''rumour'' was just a daft figment of Stuart Jarrold''s imagination. The question seemed to be from him judging by the SSN footage.

Why do they continuously allow that Ipswich tw*t Stuart Jarrold into these press conferences to ask his stupid questions?!?, he''s an embarrassment to his profession and it''s been clear on more than one occasion that Lambert thinks he''s an idiot.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Why do they continuously allow that Ipswich tw*t Stuart Jarrold into these press conferences to ask his stupid questions?!?, he''s an embarrassment to his profession and it''s been clear on more than one occasion that Lambert thinks he''s an idiot.

[/quote]

He is having a very good season, but he''s not top 4 material.

OTBC

[quote user="smooth"]Prob my favourite player in the premiership outside of our squad, he is classy, has drive and amazing talent. Actually probably my favourite premiership player, never in your face, does his talking on the pitch only.

In my dream team I would love him to join us here. One of the top four is going to get him at a snip really he is much better than andy carrol or jordan henderson. Hence his value should be over £15million.

I do think we should look at American players and north american players they have a drive, a winning drive that is in instilled in them as they grow up. I think they are great leaders, their fitness and tenacity is exceptional compared to many UK players. It is one reason why I def. think Stuart Holden is ideal, however again from Lamberts stance he may be out of our price range.

It def. goes back to that project we set to find new investors and after 12 months they found no-one. As I said we may have to sell to get a good bit of money in to then spend on a good player. Howson and Bennett both look premiership class so I trust Lambert to pick wisely.

But Clint Dempsey will always be a favourite current player in the prem, the model attacking midfielder.

[/quote]

Oh yeah?

Playing style

Known for his toughness, Dempsey played two games with a broken jaw in 2004 before the team trainer diagnosed it, and upon his return, he played through the pain of a sprained ankle. Despite usually playing in wide positions, he frequently scores close-range goals and has scored repeatedly with diving headers in crowded situations. His tenacity in midfield combined with his audacious dribbling skills frequently results in opponents fouling him, and Dempsey has gained a reputation for fierce play.

This has on several occasions lapsed into violent conduct. He was suspended by the New England Revolution for two weeks in March 2006 for a fist fight with teammate Joe Franchino during a practice game[4] and was twice suspended by MLS during the 2006 season for violent conduct against opponents, including an elbow that broke the jaw of national teammate Jimmy Conrad. In a similar incident with Fulham in 2007, Dempsey accidentally broke the cheekbone of Chelsea defender John Terry in an aerial challenge but was not penalized.[76] A further similar incident, in December 2011, took place in a match against Manchester United, with Dempsey accidentally elbowing opponent Phil Jones in the side of the head and causing a suspected broken cheekbone. Again no action was taken by the referee.[77]

OTBC

Might as well go for Messi and Ronaldo! Ridiculous!

Dempsey will be at either Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea next season without a shadow of a doubt! Perfect replacement for Lampard!

Goal scoring midfielders are priceless in this league.