Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

why do scousers boo the national anthem ?

i''ve noticed this before on the tele  and i''ve been to a charity shield where they all booed whistled and jeered the national anthem ... do they hold prince charles responsible for some tragedy or another ?

Because that''s pretty much the extent of their vocabulary, that and Liiiiverrrrpoool Liiiiverrrpoool.

these people are the scum of the earth, they''ll proudly tell everyone that they''re "Scouse ,not English" boo the national anthem but then expect everyone else to join in with and have sympathy for any of their dozens of minute silences they hold during the course of the season.

They''ll want a minute''s silence next season for the 40,000 fans who have travelled from Liverpool and had the awful tragedy of watching their pathetic team lose.Stewart Downing.  Seriously, I''d rather have Stephen Hawking.

It''s because they are Irish Catholics (Everton Protestant) and it''s an IRA hangover......As has already been said though... they are light fingered toerags too.

Which is fine (I find it a touch embarrasing that our national anthem is a tribute to one woman rather than our country) but it is a stretch to suggest that the whole of Liverpool are republicans. Maybe Prince Philip was spotted chatting through the minutes silence they held for the end of Saint and Greavsie.

A) Because they aren''t mentioned in it and,

B)It''s a bloody awful dirge.We need a new national anthem.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Which is fine (I find it a touch embarrasing that our national anthem is a tribute to one woman rather than our country) but it is a stretch to suggest that the whole of Liverpool are republicans. Maybe Prince Philip was spotted chatting through the minutes silence they held for the end of Saint and Greavsie.[/quote]Not all Liverpudlians are Republicans... but their clubs are traditionally divided on sectarian lines like Celtic and Rangers. Reds will always by tradition be anti monarchy.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"] Reds will always by tradition be anti monarchy.[/quote]And Prince Philip was spotted chatting through the minutes silence they held for the end of Saint and Greavsie. I''m sure of it. Either that or Princess Anne failed to wear a black armband when Bread was cancelled.[;)]

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]It''s because they are Irish Catholics (Everton Protestant) and it''s an IRA hangover......As has already been said though... they are light fingered toerags too.[/quote]Careful now Cluck.

Not wishing to be argumentative but I''d always been led to believe that traditionally Everton were the catholic "republican" club in Liverpool.

However I don''t think the scousers all need the same reason. Some of them will have been holding a minutes silence for the crash an the M4o today which held so many of them up. Others will have been annoyed that the National Anthem wasn''t being sung for King Kenny.

Liverpool FC was founded by an Orangeman, interestingly enough.  Everton are not linked to the Protestant religion, that''s just a convenient stereotype based on a combination of convenience and imagination.Liverpool are sh*t though, I wish they''d just f*ck off.  I grew up in Horsford and all the kids there supported Liverpool just because they were winning everything.  My Uncle Sam (not America, just a man called Sam who was my uncle) got me into Norwich City, thank god.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]It''s because they are Irish Catholics (Everton Protestant) and it''s an IRA hangover......As has already been said though... they are light fingered toerags too.[/quote]Careful now Cluck.[/quote]A momentary lapse Twitchy....... [:)]It''s going to take time.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"][quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]It''s because they are Irish Catholics (Everton Protestant) and it''s an IRA hangover......As has already been said though... they are light fingered toerags too.[/quote]Careful now Cluck.[/quote]A momentary lapse Twitchy....... [:)]It''s going to take time.So that''s two Hail Marys and I''ll see you in confession Cluck.

[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Liverpool FC was founded by an Orangeman, interestingly enough.  Everton are not linked to the Protestant religion, that''s just a convenient stereotype based on a combination of convenience and imagination.Liverpool are sh*t though, I wish they''d just f*ck off.  I grew up in Horsford and all the kids there supported Liverpool just because they were winning everything.  My Uncle Sam (not America, just a man called Sam who was my uncle) got me into Norwich City, thank god.[/quote]Fast forward a year or two and the next generation of Chopsys will be saying the same thing about ManCity.  Glory hunting #cheesecockheads

The very same scousers would likely not only cheer the National Anthem but sing the f*cker all through an England match -- that''s the level of how two-faced and dense they are.End of debate.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"][quote user="Shack Attack"]Which is fine (I find it a touch embarrasing that our national anthem is a tribute to one woman rather than our country) but it is a stretch to suggest that the whole of Liverpool are republicans. Maybe Prince Philip was spotted chatting through the minutes silence they held for the end of Saint and Greavsie.[/quote]Not all Liverpudlians are Republicans... but their clubs are traditionally divided on sectarian lines like Celtic and Rangers. Reds will always by tradition be anti monarchy.[/quote]

I''m sorry but any notion that Liverpool or Everton are alligned to ANY religion is totally wrong/   There is absolutely no religious connection at all with either club.   I''ve only ever heard this from non Liverpudlians.

I cannot answer why the National Anthem is booed.   In days gone by we joined in and sang with gusto "God save our gracious team, Long live St John".   Perhaps It''s an Irish thing, I don''t know and find it as distateful as anyone else.   I don''t personally know anyone in Liverpool who would condone such a thing - but then again I don''t personally know anyone in Liverpool who would steal your hubcaps either!!!   I DO know areas of Liverpool where I wouldn''t dream of parking a car though! ....................... I was born in one!!!!!!

[quote user="Shankslad"]

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"][quote user="Shack Attack"]Which is fine (I find it a touch embarrasing that our national anthem is a tribute to one woman rather than our country) but it is a stretch to suggest that the whole of Liverpool are republicans. Maybe Prince Philip was spotted chatting through the minutes silence they held for the end of Saint and Greavsie.[/quote]Not all Liverpudlians are Republicans... but their clubs are traditionally divided on sectarian lines like Celtic and Rangers. Reds will always by tradition be anti monarchy.[/quote]

I''m sorry but any notion that Liverpool or Everton are alligned to ANY religion is totally wrong/   There is absolutely no religious connection at all with either club.   I''ve only ever heard this from non Liverpudlians.

I cannot answer why the National Anthem is booed.   In days gone by we joined in and sang with gusto "God save our gracious team, Long live St John".   Perhaps It''s an Irish thing, I don''t know and find it as distateful as anyone else.   I don''t personally know anyone in Liverpool who would condone such a thing - but then again I don''t personally know anyone in Liverpool who would steal your hubcaps either!!!   I DO know areas of Liverpool where I wouldn''t dream of parking a car though! ....................... I was born in one!!!!!!

[/quote]Having given the world the Beatles I think a little booing at the anthem is small fry......