Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Defeat against Wolves= relegation!

[quote user="Alex "]Well said, Cluck (liking the new forum name haha) - and another quality post by Robin as always. Wolves are in genuine trouble - we hear every season teams on the slide, be that current or from the off, that they''ve got to battle on and pick up points but you tend to get a good feeling of those teams that just don''t have it in them. Wolves just smack of relegation in my opinion, yes they will battle at Carrow Rd but I honestly feel we could put a few past them, we''ve got what it takes to do that for sure - they appear to be in freefall and I feel they''ll finish bottom of the table - their only hope is Matt Jarvis and not their current manager.

On another note - I am so impressed with Steve Kean, the abuse he has taken, fearing for his own safety at times - he''s starting to stick two fingers up at those who are taking out awful ownership and unfortunate injuries on himself. Think he should be nominated for ''Manager Of The Season'' myself.[/quote]

It depends wether the Fulham game was a blip in their away performances or where they are now. Prior to that game Wolves were unbeaten in 7 away games. Although a lot of draws where the draws are tells a story. Newcastle D QPR W Spurs D Birmingham D Bolton D Arsenal D

Interestingly since they played us at Molineux and we managed a draw 7 teams have gone to Molineux and all have won.

I just pray that if the Wolves away prior to Fulham turn up and we lose or draw that the boo boys dont start. If they do get ready to put the gear stick back into reverse.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Because where else would a win/points come from?

The bottom 5 are showing signs of fighting, whilst we would be at the cusp of a Blackpoolening slump.

Please tell me I''m miles off on this and why? [:S]

[/quote]

You better phone Paul Lambert and tell him we are almost done for, maybe he could arrange for you to give the half time team motivational team talk if things arnt going our way, just to make sure the players are aware how close we are to being finished.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Because where else would a win/points come from?

The bottom 5 are showing signs of fighting, whilst we would be at the cusp of a Blackpoolening slump.

Please tell me I''m miles off on this and why? [:S]

[/quote]

Get a new wand.
[/quote]

I never had you down as a two faced back stabber Ricardo.......so be it. [:|]

Wiz is the master of the red top headline and like the red tops there is an element of truth behind it.

We are in the poor run of our season, no doubt, and it is plain to see that some player''s body language is concerning. We all feel something isn''t right behind the scenes I''m sure.

If we lose to Wolves we will turn a psychological corner as we will if we beat them. A draw just leaves us nervously in limbo.

The hardest thing in the EPL is to get out of a losing streak and we have experienced a spectacular fall from grace in this very league ourselves. On Saturday we need to get out of the bad run. If we continue it then we put pressure on ourselves; we are away next and the gap could narrow.

Rest assured, the established EPL sides at the bottom know how to fight their way to safety and QPR do have the players to do it too. Wolves are the shambles side and will be relegated IMO so best we make sure they take no useless points from us.

We have a goalscoring problem which allied to our inability to keep a clean sheet has proved our recent downfall. I have said before, PL is to blame for Holt''s demise by not playing him regularly as he is that kind of player. Jackson isn''t cutting it in either scoring or setting up colleagues; Morison is low on confidence and can complain about service and has had to battle up front alone. Pilkington has dried up. Bennet hasn''t begun to score and Wes isn''t prolific at this level.

The whinging about booing by some players is, for me, immature and indicative of frustration with themselves but looking for sympathy. I don''t boo myself but the sense of lethatgy and complacency creeping into NCFC these days needs some sort of response. I fully expect David McNally to be unhappy with things and to be as unequivocal in his responses as he has always been.

I certainly expect a clear out this summer - perhaps this is what is on too many player''s minds?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Wiz is the master of the red top headline and like the red tops there is an element of truth behind it.

We are in the poor run of our season, no doubt, and it is plain to see that some player''s body language is concerning. We all feel something isn''t right behind the scenes I''m sure.

If we lose to Wolves we will turn a psychological corner as we will if we beat them. A draw just leaves us nervously in limbo.

The hardest thing in the EPL is to get out of a losing streak and we have experienced a spectacular fall from grace in this very league ourselves. On Saturday we need to get out of the bad run. If we continue it then we put pressure on ourselves; we are away next and the gap could narrow.

Rest assured, the established EPL sides at the bottom know how to fight their way to safety and QPR do have the players to do it too. Wolves are the shambles side and will be relegated IMO so best we make sure they take no useless points from us.

We have a goalscoring problem which allied to our inability to keep a clean sheet has proved our recent downfall. I have said before, PL is to blame for Holt''s demise by not playing him regularly as he is that kind of player. Jackson isn''t cutting it in either scoring or setting up colleagues; Morison is low on confidence and can complain about service and has had to battle up front alone. Pilkington has dried up. Bennet hasn''t begun to score and Wes isn''t prolific at this level.

The whinging about booing by some players is, for me, immature and indicative of frustration with themselves but looking for sympathy. I don''t boo myself but the sense of lethatgy and complacency creeping into NCFC these days needs some sort of response. I fully expect David McNally to be unhappy with things and to be as unequivocal in his responses as he has always been.

I certainly expect a clear out this summer - perhaps this is what is on too many player''s minds?

[/quote]Very well put RH...I would just add that a poor end to this season could well present issues at the beginning of the next. If we just scrape through, Paul Lambert''s star will be a little bit tarnished... and it wouldn''t take many games into the new season to blacken it altogether.Not saying it will.... but it might.

[/quote]

I have to disagree with alot of this.   

I do not think we are in a poor run - we''ve not lost back to back league games - good performances against MU & Newcastle, important point against Wigan.  Close difficult game at Stoke.

Its only a psychological corner if you want it to be. Win or lose we are the same - or should be looking at it the same.  Building one game up as being too important is not good psychologically.  Creates false pressure.

We don''t have a goal scoring problem, merely have strikers who are due a goal. 

As for lethargy and complacency - is that the fans or the players?  I don''t see any complacency in the players, we dominated the play for quite long periods at Newcastle.  Could easily have gone our way.   

We just need to carry on with a consistent approach as we have done for the last three years.   I''m certain the team will - can the fans - or are some letting their ''expectations'' getting the better of them.   As for booing your own team - should not happen given the success they have given us recently. Booing is the lowest form of support. 

Enjoy the run in - its going to be fun!

It seems that in this league we''ve stopped doing big games with pressure - we certainly struggle with ''occasions.''

We have won only one SKY game out of eight, drawing two and losing FIVE.

The FA Cup was getting too much for us, we screwed up the ticket allocation and then got cold feet as Wembley loomed.

Give us a glamour side or even worse an opposition manager who PL looks up to and he and we go right into our shell as if we have no right to be on the same stage. Alternatively, bring on anyone who has in any way agitated PL and the opposite is often true.

Lambert has blamed himself before for letting the Sky cameras and additional media affect his player''s preparations and at post match interviews he is beginning to sound like a broken record while looking like a rabbit in the headlights. This is Lambert''s Achilles heel and he needs to learn to be more comfortable with the media and how to be more ruthless towards his idols for the period that it counts. These are the qualities that set out the best EPL managers and you reach a higher eschelon of mentality and presentation at the European level.

It''s about time somebody got a grip!

The idea that defeat against Wolves = relegation is rather daft, we probably only need to get 2-3 points in the entire 9 remaining games and this one match is not going to decide anything at all. Of course, losing wouldn''t do confidence much good, but surely the players have worked hard to get us into the position we are and I''d have thought they had earned themselves enough ''brownie points'' for it to be rather harsh for people to effectively write them off as they appear to be doing.

Ok, results have gone against recently, but IMO we only got a lower than par result in one game (Wigan). At the very least we have remaining home games against Everton and Villa which are winnable (or drawable if on a poor run) plus others such as Fulham and Blackburn which we could well get something from.

It seems that in this league we''ve stopped doing big games with pressure - we certainly struggle with ''occasions.''

We have won only one SKY game out of eight, drawing two and losing FIVE.

The FA Cup was getting too much for us, we screwed up the ticket allocation and then got cold feet as Wembley loomed.

Give us a glamour side or even worse an opposition manager who PL looks up to and he and we go right into our shell as if we have no right to be on the same stage. Alternatively, bring on anyone who has in any way agitated PL and the opposite is often true.

Lambert has blamed himself before for letting the Sky cameras and additional media affect his player''s preparations and at post match interviews he is beginning to sound like a broken record while looking like a rabbit in the headlights. This is Lambert''s Achilles heel and he needs to learn to be more comfortable with the media and how to be more ruthless towards his idols for the period that it counts. These are the qualities that set out the best EPL managers and you reach a higher eschelon of mentality and presentation at the European level.

It''s about time somebody got a grip!

[/quote]

Is this serious?  Ok, its been a learning curve for everybody, but Pl is his own man and doesn''t need anyone of us telling him what he should or shouldn''t be doing.   Every match is an ''occasion''.    We have stood our ground and only been found wanting twice this year - overun at ManC and Sunderland.    Other than that we''ve been ''in'' every match. 

Get a grip? I think its some of the fans that need to get a grip.

["Beauseant"]

We lost in injury time to the prospective champions. We lost 1-0 at Stoke where Liverpool and Spurs lost and Chelsea and Man U only drew. We drew with Wigan who have quality and are fighting for their lives and we lost 1-0 at Newcastle who have lost just two games at home all season, yet we had them on the back foot for long periods. It''s hardly the "slump" that some people are referring to, just a period where things aren''t quite going our way, something that pretty much every team experiences at some point.

We have had a remarkable season and have punched well above our weight, yet some of our fans seem to lose faith teh minute things get a little difficult. I for one am intending to enjoy the last 9 games.

A good common sense post!

Yes results haven''t gone our way lately against one of the worlds top teams Man U, got beaten narrowly by single goals at Stoke and Newcastle two of the hardest places to go and we struggled at home against a bottom end team, something Norwich have been notorious for over the years!

No and it''s no entry allowed on there tonight Chops, well unless you have something better to offer use than your left over Quality Street?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Hi, sorry I''m late.  Is this the right place for an argument?[/quote]There''s a spare chair on the Fernandes thread.... rather near the toilets though.

I don''t know about an argument, certainly Lake District canary disagrees with me but makes a proper and fair discussion out of it. There''s nothing wrong with that and it makes for a good board IMO.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Hello!! Take a hiding on one thread and jump to another...

We''ll beat Wolves by the way. 6-2. Easy.[/quote]No chance of it being 6-2. There is more chance of you finding evidence that Marcus Evans or MEI has made money from Ipswich Town to date.You are getting a bit boring on there with your constant denials, so let''s leave that to the Fernandes thread shall we?

[quote user="The DicTaTor"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Hello!! Take a hiding on one thread and jump to another...

We''ll beat Wolves by the way. 6-2. Easy.[/quote]No chance of it being 6-2. There is more chance of you finding evidence that Marcus Evans or MEI has made money from Ipswich Town to date.You are getting a bit boring on there with your constant denials, so let''s leave that to the Fernandes thread shall we?[/quote]I think we are approaching an ''Adolph Hitler''s Nazi'' moment....Our resident eel has tried every other method of distraction.......

We got points against 4 of the other teams we have left to play already this season...of course that''s no indication that it''s possible or even likely, nuhuh, not at all...

I am afraid you are right Wiz we needed the three points against Wigan to make it easy now the pressure is on against Wolves lets hope we don''t blow it.

[quote user="BW"]I am afraid you are right Wiz we needed the three points against Wigan to make it easy now the pressure is on against Wolves lets hope we don''t blow it.[/quote]How''s that goldfish anyway BW?

I think people are panicking because of how many places we have dropped during

our ''poor run'', despite the actual points gap between us and 8th place still being only 3 points. How can any of you truly believe that we

will not get any more points this season while, at the same time, the

bottom teams win almost all of their remaining fixtures? Many of them still have to play at least one of the teams around them, so only QPR could possibly get a maximum haul.With their run-in, do you really think that is going to happen; really? If QPR, despite their recent form, can beat Liverpool on home

soil, is there any particular reason why we can''t? Is our poor form somehow more

entrenched than theirs or something?Defeat tomorrow would not mean relegation, Wiz. On the other hand, I agree with those observing that we would benefit financially and psychologically from finishing as high up the table as possible so, for those reasons, I hope for a morale-boosting victory tomorrow.

if we get relegated then im going to win the heavy weight championship of the world!we will win saturday and all this silly talk will be over until wiz decides he wants attention again...

Albert is going for a win Cluck however since the loss against Stoke when it said draw i stopped listening to him. I hope he''s right again.

[quote user="BW"]Albert is going for a win Cluck however since the loss against Stoke when it said draw i stopped listening to him. I hope he''s right again.[/quote]Phew.. I was worried there for a moment BW.  Don''t lose faith in him. He''s only a young goldfish after all and everyone is entitled to a second chance. [Y]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if we get relegated then im going to win the heavy weight championship of the world!

we will win saturday and all this silly talk will be over until wiz decides he wants attention again...
[/quote]

I learnt that trick from you fella...you''ve always excelled in that respect.

Cool your boots, Wiz.

Played Points Ave Pts/Game Remaining Games Required Pts/Game to reach 37

pts
Wigan 29 22 0.76 9 1.67
Wolves 29 22 0.76 9 1.67
Bolton 28 23 0.82 10 1.40
QPR 29 25 0.86 9 1.33
Even if we got no more points this season, look at the form three of these four clubs would have to hit in order to overtake us.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Cool your boots, Wiz.

PlayedPointsAve Pts/GameRemaining GamesRequired Pts/Game to reach 37 pts
Wigan29220.7691.67
Wolves29220.7691.67
Bolton28230.82101.40
QPR29250.8691.33

Even if we got no more points this season, look at the form three of these four clubs would have to hit in order to overtake us.

[/quote]

Thanks for that Mr C, it helps me a lot. [Y]

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I have always been of the opinion that none of the bottom 3 teams will get 36 points.

Ergo, we are safe.
[/quote]

We are now! [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-131.gif[/IMG]