Sign in to follow this  
cannycanary

Lambert Interview

Sounds interesting, especially the bit about preparing for an even stronger second season in prem. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17697157

Just put Football Focus on to record for tomorrow, cheers for the heads up. Ambitious statement from PL about being even stronger next season. Very, very exciting times!

There is no reason we can''t be stronger next season. The current squad now have that "Premiership Experience" that everyone bangs on about and now have total belief they belong at this level. We also have further opportunity to invest in the playing squad next season and iron out any weaknesses that Lambert identifies in his squad. The issue is of course how much money other teams also throw at the situation. QPR are likely to spend mega money again if they survive and should theoretically improve. The only area that might be an issue is that the novelty element and playing off pure adrenline has worn off next season. But I think that where having an excellent squad keeps people on their toes knowning that complacent performance could mean they dont play for a month or so.

Interesting twitter comment indeed. Lambert off to Liverpool in world wide exclusive?

More media coverage of our leader! http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/8508/38/In the Football Focus interview he probably is as usual leaving the door open to possibilities of moving on, but like the Burnley job offer, thinking about his contract negotiations at the end of the season.He is unlikely to be pursuaded to leave if Mcnally and co continue to back him with funds and improved contracts, which no doubt they will.I know it will not stop a lot of posters constantly stressing all Summer about him leaving, its unlikely he would but even if he did we should be grateful of the position he would be leaving us in compared to when he arrived!

He''s more likely than not to leave us one day, he''s a fantastic manager and simply - let''s just enjoy the time we''ve got him here. The good times are back, it''s bloomin'' brilliant and enjoy a great end to a great season.

Funny how Lambert still can''t bring himself to say Martin O''Neill''s name.As for his speculating on future, the media have been playing this game since Lambert joined us.  It''s what they do.Lambert will decide what happens next, not some fool with a degree in media studies at the BBC.

Met Lambert at Colney today.Cant believe the lack of interest in him compared to our players. Got a picture taken with Holty as well, would advise anyone to go if they get the chance. Fantastic morning.[Y]

When can this interview be heard and where?Have to say sounds interesting, wonder what Lambert has said that is going to be worrying supporters. I hope he isn''t coming out in search of a bigger transfer kitty on such a public stage, that''s not really right, i think he knows know that he has the boards backing. I am hoping he just slips up in saying something, we know he doesn''t particularly like talking to the media, or perhaps he brings up manger''s shelf lifes at clubs again. I don''t think it''s going to be anything major, prob just blown out of proportion because it was an interview for the BBCi am a little worried though!

The full interview will be on Football Focus. I would imagine the thing Norwich fans should worry about is Lambert''s usual line of ''I won''t be here in 3 years time'' which he brings out all the time.

If you have access to BBC World (i.e. not in the UK) then you can watch it tonight at 9.30pm.

The BBC aren''t usually ones to blow things out of proportion, but I would imagine Lambert''s style is fairly surprising to anyone hearing it for the first time.

Yeah that is was i am expecting to hear too Bethanl, lets hope that is all it is! I can''t wait for tomorrow, will look for an online stream for bbc world, or perhaps i will change to a foreign IP, either way i''ll let you know what has been said

This comment was probably designed by the producer to generate interest in the programme, and successfully so.

As others have said, I''d be surprised if the comments are other than Lambert''s usual "I won''t be here in 3 years'' time".

If not, expect hordes of Sky reporters tracking down Lambert''s car.

The Beeb''s subterfuge is working - say something vague but intriguing to hook people in to watch the programme. They have a product to sell and this is just part of the sales and marketing to generate viewers.

"I won''t be here in 3 years time which he brings out all the time."

Have I missed this? When has he said this? (Although I suspect that he won''t).

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17693553[/url]Here at about 15 minutes if anyone missed it. What the heck was that BBC guy on about, ludicrous! Lambert didn''t say anything we didn''t already know!

Wow, what a load of bollocks, nothing controversial said in the slightest. The only thing the bbc guy could be thinking of is when lambert said the cliub was in dissaray when he got here, but think we all knew that

Could be that he removed his tweet about being worried because the part we could have been worried by was edited out?