Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Boo boys today- you are a disgrace

It really wasn''t that bad. We were playing a team which has been established in the prem for longer than us, they have a much more expensive squad and some quality players in Moses, Maloney and Hugo Rodellaga, who also needed the win more than us- they were always going to make it difficult.Our team today was almost identical to that of last year in the champ, doesn''t that just show how far these guys have come. I can understand booing if the team didn''t show effort or and heart, but that was not the case today, Wigan were set up better than us and they exploited that. The players put effort in and to boo that, when we are 12 in the league is a complete disgrace. I do not want to be associated with norwich fans like that.

quote user="i''m spartacus"

these idiots will end up driiving lambert away

/quotespot on, some of the modern day fans need a right kick up the arse. You can see why Lambert always comments that his job is never safe, imagine if we lost the next two games, people will prob want him out!!The supporters need to rememeber we play a full season, you canot judge the team on a poor run of 3 games (with a great performance against Man U), any team not in the top 5 in the prem goes through these runs, Spurs are currently going through one, as were Chelsea

I think you will find those booing, myself included, were directing the boos at the ref not the team

[quote user="Jem"]I think you will find those booing, myself included, were directing the boos at the ref not the team[/quote]Easy to understand why some fans and the players (Ruddy if you have heard his interview) thought they were towards the players, considering the ref had an alright game

[quote user="Jem"]I think you will find those booing, myself included, were directing the boos at the ref not the team[/quote]

Could you make that clear next time please to avoid pissing the rest of us off!

Couldn''t believe anyone could boo the players after what they have achieved this season and I don''t believe all the boos were directed at the officials because they came within seconds of the whistle being blown not as the officials left the pitch several minutes later.

Disgracefull.

[quote user="Jem"]I think you will find those booing, myself included, were directing the boos at the ref not the team[/quote]Do you have a different type of boo for the ref? I couldn''t really notice the difference! [:S]

Not sure the ref had a bad game, people get too frustrated when a decision is made against Norwich, whether or not it''s the correct decision.

(excuse my double post) for example when Drury completely took out a Wigan player in the middle of the pitch, fans booed the ref for pulling up play for a foul. Are you serious?!

The booing should have been directed at our own pathetic fans. Once we had gone one up they sat back and expected Wigan to roll over. Until then it was quite noisy ... afterwards forget trying to create an atmosphere.

Useless .... we were rubbish as fans today. Take it as a lesson learnt and start to support the team for 90 bloody minutes !!!!!!!

The atmosphere around the ground today was similar to the Fulham game - too many people criticising and forgetting where we were three years ago. Teams are allowed indifferent performances and it is our job to stay onside and encourage the team. The manager criticises I am sure but doesn''t do it in public and neither should we. If I was Lambert I would be very disappointed in that reaction at the end of the match today and would be thinking "why the **** do I bother"

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]The atmosphere around the ground today was similar to the Fulham game - too many people criticising and forgetting where we were three years ago. Teams are allowed indifferent performances and it is our job to stay onside and encourage the team. The manager criticises I am sure but doesn''t do it in public and neither should we. If I was Lambert I would be very disappointed in that reaction at the end of the match today and would be thinking "why the **** do I bother"[/quote]

Sick of hearing that to be honest

Couldn''t believe the boos today. It was a great football match. Two sides played the game the right way in the right spirit. A draw was about right but was pleased we went for the win at the death just as they did. If all people care about is the result what''s the point of going?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]The atmosphere around the ground today was similar to the Fulham game - too many people criticising and forgetting where we were three years ago. Teams are allowed indifferent performances and it is our job to stay onside and encourage the team. The manager criticises I am sure but doesn''t do it in public and neither should we. If I was Lambert I would be very disappointed in that reaction at the end of the match today and would be thinking "why the **** do I bother"[/quote]

[/quote]well you''ll keep hearing it because it''s a perfectly valid point

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]well you''ll keep hearing it because it''s a perfectly valid point[/quote]We should be happy with a point against Wigan because 3 years ago we were in League One?What aload of tosh. We are in the Premier League on merit.Its completly irrelavant where we were 3 years ago

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Couldn''t believe the boos today. It was a great football match. Two sides played the game the right way in the right spirit. A draw was about right but was pleased we went for the win at the death just as they did. If all people care about is the result what''s the point of going?[/quote]I''m not sure I''d really call a crowds reaction at the end of any disappointing result '' booing '', Nutty. Watch any match on TV and if the result isn''t what the home fans expected then you usually hear it there too. I suppose technically it is but I''d say it''s more pantomime booing or collective groaning.I think we''re making too much of this one to be honest.....

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="judderman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]
well you''ll keep hearing it because it''s a perfectly valid point
[/quote]

We should be happy with a point against Wigan because 3 years ago we were in League One?

What aload of tosh. We are in the Premier League on merit.

Its completly irrelavant where we were 3 years ago

[/quote]

Spot on. How can we accept dropping  points against the bottom side however well they played? Obviously, as bottom side they should lose by several goals every game, just like nobody can beat Man U because they''re top and win every game.

The relevance of where we were three years ago is that it should keep peoples feet on the ground when they start talking about us qualifying for Europe. Unfortunately it doesn''t always do so, hence the pathetic booing yesterday. The reason that we''re "happy" with a point against Wigan is that they were the better side on the day and probably deserved all three.  However, in order to take that on board you would need to understand that a football match is a contest between two teams, not just an exercise in confirming relative league positions.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="judderman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]well you''ll keep hearing it because it''s a perfectly valid point[/quote]We should be happy with a point against Wigan because 3 years ago we were in League One?What aload of tosh. We are in the Premier League on merit.Its completly irrelavant where we were 3 years ago

[/quote]

Spot on. How can we accept dropping  points against the bottom side however well they played? Obviously, as bottom side they should lose by several goals every game, just like nobody can beat Man U because they''re top and win every game.

The relevance of where we were three years ago is that it should keep peoples feet on the ground when they start talking about us qualifying for Europe. Unfortunately it doesn''t always do so, hence the pathetic booing yesterday. The reason that we''re "happy" with a point against Wigan is that they were the better side on the day and probably deserved all three.  However, in order to take that on board you would need to understand that a football match is a contest between two teams, not just an exercise in confirming relative league positions.

[/quote]They played well because we didnt.

Ten years ago we were beating Man Utd, 13 years ago we were finishing 3rd in the Prem and beating Bayern in their back garden. All that is irrevant, so too it that we were in League One 3 years ago.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Jem"]I think you will find those booing, myself included, were directing the boos at the ref not the team[/quote]

Easy to understand why some fans and the players (Ruddy if you have heard his interview) thought they were towards the players, considering the ref had an alright game
[/quote]

Really? We must have been at different games.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="judderman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

We should be happy with a point against Wigan because 3 years ago we were in League One?

[/quote]

[/quote]

They played well because we didnt.

Ten years ago we were beating Man Utd, 13 years ago we were finishing 3rd in the Prem and beating Bayern in their back garden. All that is irrevant, so too it that we were in League One 3 years ago.
[/quote]

Thank you for making my point. There are two sides in every game. Either they cancel each other out and it''s a draw, or one is superior on the day. Yesterday Wigan were superior but we hung in and got a point. To say "they played well because we didn''t" is not only disrespectful to worthy opponents, but your rationale presupposes that if we beat one of the top sides it will be because they didn''t play well, given our relative league positions.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="judderman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]They played well because we didnt.

Ten years ago we were beating Man Utd, 13 years ago we were finishing 3rd in the Prem and beating Bayern in their back garden. All that is irrevant, so too it that we were in League One 3 years ago.[/quote]

Thank you for making my point. There are two sides in every game. Either they cancel each other out and it''s a draw, or one is superior on the day. Yesterday Wigan were superior but we hung in and got a point. To say "they played well because we didn''t" is not only disrespectful to worthy opponents, but your rationale presupposes that if we beat one of the top sides it will be because they didn''t play well, given our relative league positions.

[/quote]So it always works out that the team that plays best wins? No course not.And everytime teams cancel each other out, its always draw? No course not. Making your point worthless.Maybe we should scrap the League and just play friendlies, then you can clap regardless of whether we win, lose or draw.

I am afraid that all too many people have this very simplistic view of a football result, i.e. if we win we play well, if we don''t win we play badly. A bit more to it that than.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="judderman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They played well because we didnt.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So it always works out that the team that plays best wins? No course not.

And everytime teams cancel each other out, its always draw? No course not. Making your point worthless.

Maybe we should scrap the League and just play friendlies, then you can clap regardless of whether we win, lose or draw.
[/quote]

I am not quiite sure how you came to that conclusion. The points to which you are referring were well made and essentially accurate.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I am afraid that all too many people have this very simplistic view of a football result, i.e. if we win we play well, if we don''t win we play badly. A bit more to it that than.[/quote]Same as, if a slack handful of fans boo (at the ref or team). The manager, players, mascots, sponsors, and anybody else are all going to be driven away and the world is going to end.