Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Thank you Paul lambert...

...for ripping into the man behind me.

There is a serial moaner sits directly behind me who cannot keep his mouth shut all game. Talking, discussing, debating I have no problem with but the constant moaning about going backwards and players who need to ''get in the game'' is ridiculous and has made me go to games making sure I have my headphones in.

Today was another classic example of this. Apparently surman is simply not good enough, holt is diving too much, Morison is lazy and we need to attack attack attack by pumping the ball upfield all the time (though if it''s done too often then we''re just a rubbish long ball team).

So thanks heavens and another reason to love our manager. Just after our first goal, we were attacking again and really had Bolton under pressure (though I thought we were pretty comfortable all game anyway) however whoever it was on the ball, pilkington possibly, checked and played the ball back that eventually went to ruddy. The idiot behind me obviously deemed this to be awful and that we need to get the ball down the other end as quickly as possible and score again.

Lambert, upon hearing the moan, turned and walked towards us and absolutely let fly, ''f*** off you idiot'' etc etc (the kind of thing I''ve been meaning to say for 3 seasons) and continued looking back in his direction for a good few minutes before fully concentrating back on the game.

The idiot then duly kept his mouth shut for the rest of the match.

So thank you Paul lambert, working wonders on the pitch and now highlighting those that need to remember why we''re at the games - to support the team.

(I get frustrated, angry etc like anybody else but when at the game, it''s only praise and support that will be heard from me)

That''s very interesting. Ever team have idiots like that.

Well done Lambo. Hopefully the idiot will either now shut up of not turn up again through embarrassment .

It probably partly explains Lambo''s after match comment regarding ''supporters''

Yes, I feel terrible. [:''(]  I had my own little inner circle pre and post-match but they snubbed me at the bar during half time and didn''t move their legs back for me when I left after 75 minutes to save an extra £2 on car parking.

[:P]I haven''t had any celebratory drinks yet, but I did add one of these smiley faces to let you know I was kidding.  We''re laughing about the story here in Houston right now.  My friend texted me back "Lambert for PM."

I''m surprised no-one else on here saw it, created a very strange atmosphere behind the away dug-out. Some people laughing, some whispering about what the hell was going on and others just in stunned silence. But was fantastic to see and just what the guy deserved (in my humble slightly biased opinion)

Hmm, having read your account of this I must be one of the few people to think that maybe it''s not appropriate for the manager to single out one disgruntled moaner and show him up in this way. Lambert must find it very irritating to hear, but surely unless the moaning is abusive or personal he should just let it lie?

Good on him!!

I have a couple of moaners who sit behind me, and some of the comments they come out with sound very similar to the examples you''ve given.

Part of it is probably down to worry, if were not winning, or only winning by a goal for some people that probably just is too much to lose, and they vent that by moaning, often seemingly complete rubbish. I suppose they have a right to, after all they paid for their ticket, free speech and all that. But if someone is doing it loud enough and often enough to annoy Paul Lambert on the touch line, they should probably tone it down a notch or two.....

I don''t know if I''m simply overanalysing it but lambert seems to have had a problem with the fans around him for a while.

In the speech he made to the crowd at the end of league 1 he jokingly commented on those behind him moaning after not leading a game in the first 5 mins or so.

The celebrations for our promotion to the premiership ignored the city stand almost entirely as when they got to the Barclay they stopped there for at least half an hour and by the time they moved on they simply went straight down the tunnel. Understandably the players/lambert wanted to celebrate in front of the loudest section of the ground (and I''m not starting another ''Barclay are the best fans'' debate) but I just find it interesting the mixed relationship hes seemed to have had with the fans over the last 2 and a half seasons (yes on the whole he has continually praised the support the club has..)

To provoke such a reaction yesterday from lambert makes it seem like something that has bugged him for a while that he couldn''t hold in any longer, and the fan that got it was just one of several behind him he has a problem with.

On the other hand, knowing lambert''s emotions during games it simply could''ve been a reaction in the moment over a small bugbear of his and he felt like letting his feelings known more strongly!

In my seat to the right of the home dugout in the prawn sandwich morgue of the City Stand, I have to endure much the same torment from these crusty buffoons. They holler and shout GET IT FORWARD every time we pass across the back, and then when it is eventually cleared forward all they say is WELL WHO THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT TO? before the ball even lands, and often the flick on will be won and we''ll gain possession from it and i have to turn round, stare at the offenders and angrily shout GOOD PLAY! or words to that effect...

Culverhouse the poor sod has to endure this every time we have the ball at the back, and countless times has turned round and shouted ''F**king SHUT UP!'' or ''F**king WELL PLAYED!'' or similar (as he did on Saturday), but always with expletives, and I feel ashamed to be sitting with these nonces who know the square root of sod all about football, when I''m always behind everything we do in terms of patient buildup play. I''d move, but I have sat there since 1997, and the view of the game is superb.

Now then Nutty and Mister C i had not read this thread until Kathy rang me a few minutes ago and i do not pretend to speak on behalf of "The City Stand 14" who were ousted just before the season started to make way for a larger dugout.My mate and i now sit 25 seats further toward the River End and 4 rows further back.I witnessed the outburst yesterday from Lambert and Culverhouse but nobody around us could hear what had been said by the "fan" or the reply he received.

Can the OP or APs Tongue tell me whether it is the same idiot who spends 90 minutes constantly moaning about all four officials game after game and sits in Row C or D about seat 100? If it is i had a run in with him a season or so back when he promptly told me he was entitled to his opinion but did not take it too well when i said the rest of us around him did not wish to hear it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now then Nutty and Mister C i had not read this thread until Kathy rang me a few minutes ago and i do not pretend to speak on behalf of "The City Stand 14" who were ousted just before the season started to make way for a larger dugout.My mate and i now sit 25 seats further toward the River End and 4 rows further back.I witnessed the outburst yesterday from Lambert and Culverhouse but nobody around us could hear what had been said by the "fan" or the reply he received.

Can the OP or APs Tongue tell me whether it is the same idiot who spends 90 minutes constantly moaning about all four officials game after game and sits in Row C or D about seat 100? If it is i had a run in with him a season or so back when he promptly told me he was entitled to his opinion but did not take it too well when i said the rest of us around him did not wish to hear it.

[/quote]

YES! Oh, I know him well! I had a run in of my own with him (he sits behind me to the right) shortly before THAT Lansbury goal against Millwall, when I defended Lansbury''s commitment to a tackle a couple of minutes earlier, he remarked ''That bloody Lansbury is a waste of air, we''ll be down to 10 if he carries on like that, one good pass against Ipswich and that''s all he''s done''

I had to have a word, and was called an ''upstart little c**t'' at which point others around me told him to shut up, and so when Lansbury volleyed in the winner in injury time, out of sheer elation I turned round and shouted ''WHO SCORED? WHO ******* SCORED? GO **** YOURSELF''

I apologise for the language, but such is my passion for NCFC, that I couldn''t help but put him in his place.

What is your seat row and number APs Tongue just out of interest. Mine USED to be row B seat 101.[:''(]

[quote user="Persnickety"]The incident was behind the away dugout - I''m in c so it must''ve been row d about seat 118[/quote]

Now i am getting confused.....what was Lambert doing having a go at someone behind the away dugout out?[*-)] What i saw but did not hear took place behind the home dugout.

I think lambert was riled about reaction from Wednesday so any voices of dissent werent going to be ignored!

Fantastic, would love to have seen it. All the big mouth wind up merchants on here would equally have stayed silent after a blast from the Gaffer. You know who you are!