Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Thank you Paul lambert...

I love hearing about this side of Lambert. Really shows how passionate he is about the team and winning.

And I saw the thing with Pilks, after he got one to the crown jewels, on TV! Makes you realise the players obviously know their place with him, but absolutely respect the guy.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I once had to sit in the Wensum stand.....there were dead people. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/grave-110.GIF[/IMG][/quote]

No such stand as The Wensum Stand Wiz.[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I once had to sit in the Wensum stand.....there were dead people. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/grave-110.GIF[/IMG][/quote]

[/quote]I''m going to have to stand up for him on this one, Tilly.  I was here before this forum was invented and I''ll be damned if smartarse posters like you are going to drive people like us away from it, okay?  You and your cronies might think you''re top dollar, the bees knees and the cat''s pyjamas but where were you in 1959? 1963? 1964? 1965? 1966? 1967? 1968? ( I was in ''Nam).  1969? 1970 (Abbey Road released)? 1971? 1972? 1973? 1974? 1975? I could go on...

1976? 1977? 1978? 1979 (Thatcher elected)? 1980? 1981? 1982? 1983? 1984? 1985? 1986? 1987? 1988? 1989? 1990? (fall of Berlin Wall) 1991? 1992? 1993? 1994? 1995? 1967? (time machine) 1996?You see where this is going?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I''m going to have to stand up for him on this one, Tilly.  I was here before this forum was invented and I''ll be damned if smartarse posters like you are going to drive people like us away from it, okay?  You and your cronies might think you''re top dollar, the bees knees and the cat''s pyjamas but where were you in 1959? 1963? 1964? 1965? 1966? 1967? 1968? ( I was in ''Nam).  1969? 1970 (Abbey Road released)? 1971? 1972? 1973? 1974? 1975? I could go on...

[/quote]

Now then sunshine it''s you and your ilk with all your fancy dan correct spelling and punctuation that are spoiling it on here for others.I was around long before women were allowed to go to football and homophobia was not compulsory,the working class could not afford season tickets and the toilets had no roof on them.In 1963 i watched THE cup game against Leicester not this ruddy distraction we have coming up in a fortnight that will get us relegated when our eleven oops sorry its now twelve point gap to the bottom three evaporates. 1972 Orient and Watford,Wembley in 1973 and 1975.What''s happened to the Top Brass Specials from those good old days.You lot know nothing and don''t get me started on plastic season tickets because back in my day we had proper season ticket books with stubs in.None of this booking fee nonsense.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I''m going to have to stand up for him on this one, Tilly.  I was here before this forum was invented and I''ll be damned if smartarse posters like you are going to drive people like us away from it, okay?  You and your cronies might think you''re top dollar, the bees knees and the cat''s pyjamas but where were you in 1959? 1963? 1964? 1965? 1966? 1967? 1968? ( I was in ''Nam).  1969? 1970 (Abbey Road released)? 1971? 1972? 1973? 1974? 1975? I could go on...[/quote]

Now then sunshine it''s you and your ilk with all your fancy dan correct spelling and punctuation that are spoiling it on here for others.I was around long before women were allowed to go to football and homophobia was not compulsory,the working class could not afford season tickets and the toilets had no roof on them.In 1963 i watched THE cup game against Leicester not this ruddy distraction we have coming up in a fortnight that will get us relegated when our eleven oops sorry its now twelve point gap to the bottom three evaporates. 1972 Orient and Watford,Wembley in 1973 and 1975.What''s happened to the Top Brass Specials from those good old days.You lot know nothing and don''t get me started on plastic season tickets because back in my day we had proper season ticket books with stubs in.None of this booking fee nonsense.

[/quote]Yes! At last someone understands!

i know the feeling when you say about prawn sandwiche brigrade. As Roy Keane so correctly said years ago when playing for united the more you up the ticket prices the more you price out the real fans and get people in that can only afford it and turn away working class people that cant. NCFC cannot have it both ways we are now the second most expensive average season ticket outside of london in the laegue only behing liverpool and we pay more than manc and man u!!! i used to go and had a season ticket for 10 years watching home and away every week, though good and bad times. Now I, as well as many others cannot afford a season ticket but i have been to a couple of home games this year as well as watching all other games down my local. I cannot beleive the change in the current fan compared to that 8 years ago when everyone could afford to go. I remember being at fulham home game this season and felt like lumping the bloke next to me. I sat in a decent seat as i like to be able to see the pattern of play and properly be able to evaluate the tatics of the game. Same things everytime the ball went sideways or backwards "your going the wrong way" and a forward pass that went wrong " same old long ball" ......etc etc the place is full of em. Any one who has played any standard of football knows the importance of possesion. I love the style of football that norwich play there balance is outstanding and when they started booing at half time when we were 1 nil down i wanted to chuck them all out!!!!  1. we cant go the whole season unbeaten. 2. its only half time 3. fulham are a good side  4. norwich were in the top half what more does he want!!If they continue to price out working class people and only let in thoose who can afford it you are gonna get this. cant have it both ways!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I''m going to have to stand up for him on this one, Tilly.  I was here before this forum was invented and I''ll be damned if smartarse posters like you are going to drive people like us away from it, okay?  You and your cronies might think you''re top dollar, the bees knees and the cat''s pyjamas but where were you in 1959? 1963? 1964? 1965? 1966? 1967? 1968? ( I was in ''Nam).  1969? 1970 (Abbey Road released)? 1971? 1972? 1973? 1974? 1975? I could go on...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes! At last someone understands!
[/quote]

Now then you two Johnny-come-lately prawn sandwich munching glory boys. Neither of you understands. All this Lambert is God crap doesn''t wash with the old boys network. Lambert is a chancer who couldn''t fail following Roeder and Gunn. He saw the opportunity to shine and took it. But now he''s let it go to his head and feels that he can challenge us old boys who know best. Well Tilly, Mister, Lambert et al none of you deserve to be heard because you don''t remember the greatest Norwich City manager of all time. Back in 1959 we had a real God in charge. Archie Macaulay didn''t take us on a micky mouse cup run to get relegated. Oh no! Archie Macauley started his cup run in early December and took us to the semi-final in March. But in all that time, and for nearly a month after we were knocked out, we didn''t lose a single league game.

So don''t preach to us with your plastic tickets from your plasic seats within waving distance of your saviour and architect of our current demise. Us old boys supported the real Norwich City. Who had a real manager and a real cup run. Paul Lambert? Pah!! Lambert clambert! What manager worth his salt would work for a giggling cook anyway. As I said, just a nancy boy chancer!

"Back in 1959 we had a real God in charge. Archie Macaulay didn''t take us on a micky mouse cup run to get relegated. Oh no! Archie Macauley started his cup run in early December and took us to the semi-final in March. But in all that time, and for nearly a month after we were knocked out, we didn''t lose a single league game"

Talking of nostalgia, I have a cutting from the EEN dated Tues Feb 17 1959, showing my grandfather as one of the "10 men and a boy" dispatching the tickets for the Norwich cup tie at Sheffield.... Cost of the EEN? 3d.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

The frontal area next to the corner infill, Peterbro/RIVER end, was called that Tilly, or rather the Wensum Corner to be precise, still is in my world!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/staticFiles/5a/47/0,,10355~149338,00.pdf

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

The frontal area next to the corner infill, Peterbro/RIVER end, was called that Tilly, or rather the Wensum Corner to be precise, still is in my world!

[/quote]

You mean The Wensum Wing and Lounge which is part of The City Stand Wiz[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
Now then you two Johnny-come-lately prawn sandwich munching glory boys. Neither of you understands. All this Lambert is God crap doesn''t wash with the old boys network. Lambert is a chancer who couldn''t fail following Roeder and Gunn. He saw the opportunity to shine and took it. But now he''s let it go to his head and feels that he can challenge us old boys who know best. Well Tilly, Mister, Lambert et al none of you deserve to be heard because you don''t remember the greatest Norwich City manager of all time. Back in 1959 we had a real God in charge. Archie Macaulay didn''t take us on a micky mouse cup run to get relegated. Oh no! Archie Macauley started his cup run in early December and took us to the semi-final in March. But in all that time, and for nearly a month after we were knocked out, we didn''t lose a single league game.

So don''t preach to us with your plastic tickets from your plasic seats within waving distance of your saviour and architect of our current demise. Us old boys supported the real Norwich City. Who had a real manager and a real cup run. Paul Lambert? Pah!! Lambert clambert! What manager worth his salt would work for a giggling cook anyway. As I said, just a nancy boy chancer!

[/quote]

Blimey Nutty was this written for you by your man servant with all this talk of 1959? You will have problem with such vitriole from then until now unless somebody starts a thread about the Bob The Builder era.[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You mean The Wensum Wing and Lounge which is part of The City Stand Wiz[;)]

[/quote]

Yeah thats it Til, still full of corpes though, my son got told off for cheering in there!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Blimey Nutty was this written for you by your man servant with all this talk of 1959? You will have problem with such vitriole from then until now unless somebody starts a thread about the Bob The Builder era.[:P]

[/quote]

Robert Chase???? Waste of space!!!!!

Those gloryboys who started supporting the club back then hardly warrant a good morning in the bigger picture. And don''t get me started on those fly by night fans who come and go with the fortunes of the team. You Deliarites would do well to know your place and remember that it''s the head of the household who gives the orders to the cook. Giggling or not.