Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty three of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have Sports Desk Pete in charge and making the final selections. Pete has always supported these threads on his board both by taking part and attending many of our socials. And of course Pete remembers the pin every week so that we’re easy to find. He’s also a very successful PUP in his own right. His lifetime stats of 104/144 72% is great picking over such a long period. In fact by publishing these lifetime stats each week I am beginning to realise how rubbish I actually am!!

Now you PUPs did well last week in trying to avoid the games likely to be affected by the weather. I think we will have the same issues this weekend. The only advice I can give is that I have noticed the very top leagues in Europe have the best chance of being played. This is probably due to under soil heating and the like. Don’t forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website. You can also check this on odds checker.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Sports Desk Pete now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Pete ... the free bet is yours.......[:)].....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1509 for the Academy,so far.

In a bid to arrest my slide down the PUPs league table, I''m off to sunny Spain this week

Espanyol (5th, W6 D2 L2 F14 A10 at home) vs Real Zaragoza (bottom, W0 D3 L8 F8 A23 away) - Home Win

Good luck Pete, and all you PUPs

Good luck SDP and all of you PuP''s.

Taking note of some of the comments from last weeks thread I''m goign to get my pick in early.

Reading Vs Coventry - Home Win

Reading are two point off of the playoffs with a W7 D4 L4 record at home. Their record at home has been patchy with some good wins (3-0 win over West Sham) and a mediocre results (a 1-0 revers at the hands of Hull).

Cov on the other hand are woeful. So woeful in fact that my mate at work won''t even talk about football right now and barely says a word to anyone on Mondays. Their record of W0 D3 L 11 is certainly relegation form and they will be yet another ex-prem team with a big stadium plying their trade in League One. They have lost their last 7 away games and their last point came in a 1-1 Draw with Doncaster.

Davo

After my disaster in Germany last week I''ll head to Turkey and:

GALATASARAY 9-2-1(29-11)  -v-  Kayserispor 4-1-7 (9-16)  HOME WIN

Good Luck SDP and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

Thank goodness for this thread at a time when the Pink Un message board has reached a new low.  We could move this thread to Facebook and let the rest of this sorry place burn to the ground.Anyway, if I recall correctly from last week...BENFICA (9-0-0, 28/8 at home) will beat Nacional (1-1-6 away from home) in Portugal this weekend.Good luck to all PUPs this week as always. [Y]

PSV to beat De Graafschap.PSV are top of the league. 8/1/0 at home having scored 31 goals in the process. Graafschap are 1/4/4 away and have conceded 20.In this fixture in previous years PSV have won 6-0 and 4-1.Only concern is PSV play in the Europe League in midweek, but a high-scoring team like PSV should have enough to avoid an upset.Best of luck all.

Good luck Peter,seeing as its you in the hotseat this week it would be rude not to give you a one word Nap.BARCELONA.There ya go son!Leedscanary [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Thank goodness for this thread at a time when the Pink Un message board has reached a new low.  We could move this thread to Facebook and let the rest of this sorry place burn to the ground.

Anyway, if I recall correctly from last week...

BENFICA (9-0-0, 28/8 at home) will beat Nacional (1-1-6 away from home) in Portugal this weekend.

Good luck to all PUPs this week as always. [Y]

[/quote]

What have I missed?

Really tempted with a cup game in Northern Ireland where Ballymena (admittedly in poor form in the Premiership) are (if I have worked out the league system) at home to a team a massive 7 leagues below them. Alas no odds on bet365[:(] 

If odds don''t become available I might go with Bayern Munchen.....

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

AZ Alkmaar to beat ExcelsiorGood luck everyone.

[/quote]Forgot to add, AZ are 8-1-0 at home, Excelsior are 0-2-7 away.

Burning the midnight oil tonight in a bid to avoid the lunatics  but they do not frequent this lovely little corner of the messageboard so may i say a very good morning to you Nutty and wish Peter The Deleter very good luck and in fact good picking to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to  Spain this week and a HOME WIN please for REAL MADRID v Levante UD.

Oi,oi Nutty i only just realised you charged me £1.75p for a coke earlier on at your club.!!!!  At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.[:P]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Really tempted with a cup game in Northern Ireland where Ballymena (admittedly in poor form in the Premiership) are (if I have worked out the league system) at home to a team a massive 7 leagues below them. Alas no odds on bet365[:(] 

[/quote]Interesting. Their opponents full name is Derriaghy Cricket Club Football Club. I dare say that a Cricket Club who play football on the side should be no match for a Premiership team!Fingers crossed for some odds as that should be one you could put your house on.

Nutty, the game I have chosen kicks off just after midnight Friday (so 00:10 on 11th) Its Boca Juniors to beat Olimpo B Blanca, first game of the season in Argentina. Just want to check thats ok with you, I have a back up selection if that one is no good.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Nutty, the game I have chosen kicks off just after midnight Friday (so 00:10 on 11th) Its Boca Juniors to beat Olimpo B Blanca, first game of the season in Argentina. Just want to check thats ok with you, I have a back up selection if that one is no good.[/quote]NN - I too was going to go with this game, but went elsewhere due to the time issue. Be interested to hear your thoughts on what the earliest we could pick is as bet 365 does offer some good matches in the early hours of Saturday Morning, however appreciate that could cause you a problem in placing the bet if you are busy on the Friday night.

GP & Trent - I wouldn''t like to see anything earlier than Saturday morning for the final selections. It puts too much pressuer on the weeks picker to get his selections to me early and too much pressure on me to get the bet on with 365. Sometimes I can''t do that before these games kick off.

Tilly - You do realise that you paid £3.50 because Dick Turpin took for one for himself [Y][;)]

Now for my pick. Portugal for me - Porto W8 D1 L0 F26 A6 at home Vs Uniao Leira W1 D2 L6 F8 A15 away.

Porto                v                 Uniao Leira           Home Win

Best of luck Pete. There look to be some great selections already. I can smell a win this week!!

Leeds to beat Brighton for me please

Good luck Pete and the pups. [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Tilly - You do realise that you paid £3.50 because Dick Turpin took for one for himself [/quote]

£1.75p for a 330cl bottle of coke against £2.50p for a pint of  Taddy says it all for me about the quality of your cooking lager.[:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Tilly - You do realise that you paid £3.50 because Dick Turpin took for one for himself [/quote]

£1.75p for a 330cl bottle of coke against £2.50p for a pint of  Taddy says it all for me about the quality of your cooking lager.[:''(]

[/quote]

Was it the glass bottles?  They are tres expensive, but the coke tastes better out of them than out of a can, plastic bottle or on draught.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Interesting. Their opponents full name is Derriaghy Cricket Club Football Club. I dare say that a Cricket Club who play football on the side should be no match for a Premiership team!

Fingers crossed for some odds as that should be one you could put your house on.
[/quote]

If odds do become available I''ll have to check the weather forecast for Northern Ireland.

I know there aren''t many selections in, but slightly concerned everyone seems to be avoiding Bayern?[:S]

Bayern are on my shortlist. I think there''s some good things across Europe this week.

Famous last words! That''ll be the kiss of death.

For the reasons that Mister Chops has already given, my pick this week will be:

BENFICA -v- Nacional     HOME WIN

Good Luck SDP and all our PUPs

Sheffield w to win away at Exeter should be another win for Megsons men.

Hopefully weather will be kind and make everyones selections still valid.

Good Luck SDP and all pickers & lets get winning again!