Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

leicester fans in the barclay

We''ve done the same in the past.

It''s not the same as Man Utd fans in home areas.

The penalties for home fans getting involved in trouble are more severe.

If they deliberately antagonise or abuse the police will eject them.

Why shouldn''t decent Leicester fans who get tickets in home areas get decent treatment from Canaries fans and why shouldn''t the whole occasion be a good day all round?  It''s what the FA Cup is all about.

I''m not bothered about Leicester fans being in the home sections if they sit on their hands, they should have got more tickets and the tickets have been on general sale for 3 days so every Norwich fan has had plenty of opportunity to buy. They''d be helping us sell them. If they were to make trouble or wear colours then they''d get kicked out and have a wasted journey.

Guaranteed trouble on saturday me thinks after both clubs history in recent years.

Surely you won''t see much from the water TheJarrold?! Just my opinion but you''d be better off in one of the stands than in the river if you''re wanting to see the game....

[quote user="kick it off"]Surely you won''t see much from the water TheJarrold?! Just my opinion but you''d be better off in one of the stands than in the river if you''re wanting to see the game....[/quote]

lol.....I meant the City stand, not the river

i believe it is an offence for away fans or non home fans to be sitting in home areas, i have noticed this season signs that have gone up next to the home turnstiles in the Barclay end that advise this and advise if found out you will be removed.

So i would suggest point them out and get them removed!

The issue I have with it, is when opposing fans are getting home tickets instead of home fans.We all know about the allocation furore, a decision that wasn''t made by the club as such, but since it has been made, the opposing fans should just suck it up and deal with it.Yes it''s probably infuriating for them, and yes you could argue it''s unfair, but that''s the hand that''s been dealt, so either live with it or leave the game, don''t try to sly in via home tickets.Any sort of trouble erupts and these fans will have justified the decision made by the safety committe (or whatever they''re called), and it''s likely to have an impact on future games as well, possibly not just with us, but other teams as well...

[quote user="trueyellow"]i believe it is an offence for away fans or non home fans to be sitting in home areas, i have noticed this season signs that have gone up next to the home turnstiles in the Barclay end that advise this and advise if found out you will be removed. So i would suggest point them out and get them removed![/quote]

So how does a fan living in Leicester get a ticket in the home stands ? surely you need a bit of inteligence to work in a ticket office and have an idea that the postmark isn''t Norfolk, and we havn''t suddenly inherited new Norwich fans for the waiting list in Leicester. No sorry I think this is a wind up  

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]The issue I have with it, is when opposing fans are getting home tickets instead of home fans.We all know about the allocation furore, a decision that wasn''t made by the club as such, but since it has been made, the opposing fans should just suck it up and deal with it.Yes it''s probably infuriating for them, and yes you could argue it''s unfair, but that''s the hand that''s been dealt, so either live with it or leave the game, don''t try to sly in via home tickets.Any sort of trouble erupts and these fans will have justified the decision made by the safety committe (or whatever they''re called), and it''s likely to have an impact on future games as well, possibly not just with us, but other teams as well...[/quote]We took hundreds if not thousands of away fans to the Colchester home end a couple years ago, because of low allocation, we can''t complain if someone does the same in return

[quote user="lord montyjones"]go on foxtalk and they will explain how pete, i live leicester support norwich and get christmas cards from the walkers even though i detest the club[/quote]

Well I hope if there are any in The home stands I hope they don''t end up as guests in My mates work place

"To purchase a ticket for this fixture you must have purchased a ticket

for a home game in seasons 9-10, 10-11, 11-12. Failing that the system will not allow you to

purchase a ticket."

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]"To purchase a ticket for this fixture you must have purchased a ticket for a home game in seasons 9-10, 10-11, 11-12. Failing that the system will not allow you to purchase a ticket."[/quote]

Indeed Pete or be a season ticket holder or member for this current season.Maybe a few will slip the net somehow but i think there are a few lurking around this thread trying to make mountains out of mole hills.Surely any Leicester fans will be flushed out once the Club database does it job?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]"To purchase a ticket for this fixture you must have purchased a ticket for a home game in seasons 9-10, 10-11, 11-12. Failing that the system will not allow you to purchase a ticket."[/quote]

Thanks Pete,Just as I thought, a wind up.

Although I do feel sorry for the Fox fans, I seriously hope that they are not infiltrating the home areas as I can see a lot of trouble occurring. I did witness the Chelsea fan that was ejected from the lower Barclay, he was a bit of a tit really as he had a city shirt on over the Chelsea shirt and was bobbing up and down on the steps prior to kick off. He clearly did not have an allocated seat and was soon spotted by a large contingency of the snake pit became extremely aggressively vocal towards him.

Now if Foxes get into the Pit or lower Barclay in any sort of numbers, I am sure they will be met with not only abuse, but punches would be exchanged (I have seen a few scuffles taking place as stewards try to eject, a Forest fan in the Pit last season springs to mind).

This would undoubtedly spark other foxes in home areas to become vocal and the danger is further pockets of trouble in and around other home areas, in essence a domino effect.

I am sure that there will be a high police presence, but even with games against Ipswich this tends to be most prolific in and around the away sections and if anything was to kick off in other homes areas i.e. family areas, upper Barclay or N&P it could get very messy before both stewards and police could attend in numbers and deal with it.

Hopefully the club / ticket office have (as per SDP’s post) put in strict vetting and all will pass without any trouble and just the good banter the FA cup game deserves.

There could be serious repercussions for both clubs if common sense does not prevail and it would certainly tarnish the amazing season we are having.

Finger crossed

OTBC

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Although I do feel sorry for the Fox fans, I seriously hope that they are not infiltrating the home areas as I can see a lot of trouble occurring. I did witness the Chelsea fan that was ejected from the lower Barclay, he was a bit of a tit really as he had a city shirt on over the Chelsea shirt and was bobbing up and down on the steps prior to kick off. He clearly did not have an allocated seat and was soon spotted by a large contingency of the snake pit became extremely aggressively vocal towards him.

Now if Foxes get into the Pit or lower Barclay in any sort of numbers, I am sure they will be met with not only abuse, but punches would be exchanged (I have seen a few scuffles taking place as stewards try to eject, a Forest fan in the Pit last season springs to mind).

This would undoubtedly spark other foxes in home areas to become vocal and the danger is further pockets of trouble in and around other home areas, in essence a domino effect.

I am sure that there will be a high police presence, but even with games against Ipswich this tends to be most prolific in and around the away sections and if anything was to kick off in other homes areas i.e. family areas, upper Barclay or N&P it could get very messy before both stewards and police could attend in numbers and deal with it.

Hopefully the club / ticket office have (as per SDP’s post) put in strict vetting and all will pass without any trouble and just the good banter the FA cup game deserves.

There could be serious repercussions for both clubs if common sense does not prevail and it would certainly tarnish the amazing season we are having.

Finger crossed

OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry I don''t feel sorry for any visiting fans, As we get treated in very much the same way, the fact that we have to apply for every away ticket with the exception Wigan and Bolton, but their home stands don''t over flow do they, And look at the crowd at Leicester''s last home game, with half empty stands, then Look at ours and the top of the Premier league the difference smacks you in the face. 

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]"To purchase a ticket for this fixture you must have purchased a ticket

for a home game in seasons 9-10, 10-11, 11-12. Failing that the system will not allow you to

purchase a ticket."[/quote]On the Leicester forum some are saying Norwich supporting mates are getting them tickets with their membership or season ticket...I expect quite a few in the home end!

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Finger crossed

OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry I don''t feel sorry for any visiting fans, As we get treated in very much the same way, the fact that we have to apply for every away ticket with the exception Wigan and Bolton, but their home stands don''t over flow do they, And look at the crowd at Leicester''s last home game, with half empty stands, then Look at ours and the top of the Premier league the difference smacks you in the face. 

[/quote]

Agreed , but allocation was supposed to be 15% for FA cup , and its been reduced ( not by the club ) If we were given 10,500 for Old Trafford and then its reduced to 7k we would be a bit hacked off , I am sure if we were blessed enough to make the final we would all be moaning if we only got 25k allocation when we could probably sell 35 to 40 k

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]"To purchase a ticket for this fixture you must have purchased a ticket for a home game in seasons 9-10, 10-11, 11-12. Failing that the system will not allow you to purchase a ticket."[/quote]

On the Leicester forum some are saying Norwich supporting mates are getting them tickets with their membership or season ticket...I expect quite a few in the home end!
[/quote]

So easily traced back to the members or season ticket holders who brought them should they get ejected ,

[quote user="Excited Canary"]

On the Leicester forum some are saying Norwich supporting mates are getting them tickets with their membership or season ticket...I expect quite a few in the home end!
[/quote]

This is getting a bit silly as in reality how many of us have got Leicester supporting mates for goodness sake ?

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]"To purchase a ticket for this fixture you must have purchased a ticket for a home game in seasons 9-10, 10-11, 11-12. Failing that the system will not allow you to purchase a ticket."[/quote]

[/quote]

So easily traced back to the members or season ticket holders who brought them should they get ejected ,

[/quote]

And if that is how they are getting them then the Norwich fans getting them to pass on should pay the ultimat price of being banned, I have friends who support other teams like so many of us have, I have got tickets for my Arsenal  mate but he sat with the Arsenal fans, even when we played B-ham last season I got tickets for my family in with the Blues fans, Wish I hadn''t as he never turned up, but getting back to Saturday looks like a big police presance on hand,   

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

This is getting a bit silly as in reality how many of us have got Leicester supporting mates for goodness sake ?

[/quote]

Are you being serious here? Pete has already stated that you can get a ticket if you have previously bought one in the last three seasons. How can you possibly know how many of those people have aquaintances who support Leicester and might be willing to purchase a ticket for them? As long as the Leicester fans behave themselves I don''t see the problem. Tickets have been on sale long enough for any Norwich fans to have bought one if they wanted.

I have to rub my eyes and look again whilst reading this thread - if there''s Leicester fans in the Barclay and they cause trouble, don''t rely on the stewards, take them out yourselves. I seriously wonder how you pussies would''ve survived in the seventies.