Sign in to follow this  
Ian182

Jordan Rhodes

[quote user="JF"]So where is the guy that started this thread? He joined just to post this and hasn''t been seen since. Has made it onto the Down at the mac Uddersfield forum now, Strangely posted by a new members 1st post.[/quote]

Offering 10/1 on Rhodes coming to Norwich on his own gambling website and cleaning up!

Simon Thomas tweeted ''For those #NCFC fans who''ve asked it doesn''t sound like it will be Carrow Rhodes tomorrow. #HTAFC have offers in but not selling . . . yet.''

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Wow, wondering why odds are changing soooooo fast?! 1/2 is crazy now!![/quote]

Because people are betting on it?

Seen the words ''betting scam'' mentioned a few times, how can it possibly be a scam?

No one is being scammed, Skybet are reacting to money that has been placed on Rhodes to join Norwich.

The more people that see Rhodes cut from 20/1 to 5/1 and think ''wow, this must be a done deal'' and back it at 5s , cause the price to be cut again.

If it would have been anywhere near the ''medical'' or ''fee agreed'' stage they would not be offering odds.

It is a scam insofar as someone is putting the rumour out, but no one is making people place any bets.

I saw Lee Clark on tv the other day saying stuff along the lines that they had agreed Rhodes would see out the season and see what offers came in the summer, but he was obv hoping that as a promoted side they''d have a chance of keeping him.

Clearly things can change, but I reckon that is what will happen unless someone came in with a bonkers offer. I can''t really see us doing that today/tomorrow but I suppose you never know.

So whats the scam?

No one is forcing people to bet on it.

The more mugs that do, the less the price. Simple.

Theres no scam, just mis-informed money

[quote user="CDMullins"]

So whats the scam?

[/quote]

Precisely. One would assume that the book on where Jordan Rhodes will be at the close of the transfer deadline in a relatively small one so it won''t take much to set the odds tumbling. Same as with Lambert to Burnley last season.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="CDMullins"]

So whats the scam?

[/quote]

Precisely. One would assume that the book on where Jordan Rhodes will be at the close of the transfer deadline in a relatively small one so it won''t take much to set the odds tumbling. Same as with Lambert to Burnley last season.

[/quote]

What will  5P e way win me then ?

A few well placed journalists have said this one isn''t going to happen. I tend to believe them as never thought it was a goer in the first place.

I notice that a lot of the furore is based on Skybet cutting their odds. This would, of course, be the same Skybet who slashed their odds on Tevez going to West Ham at the weekend. Bit cut in odds equals lots more gullible punters equals lovely profits for the bookies.

In my opinion the original poster probably works or has some connection to Sky Bet. He''s only posted once and joined yesterday.

Doesn''t take rocket science to realise he''s just trying to earn more money for Sky Bet. He''s probably on a yearly bonus of nearly a million pounds or something.

Don''t get all this ''encouraging bets'' talk - odds of 2/1 on hardly encourages bets does it!?

Interestingly enough, I noticed yesterday that Wayne Bridge to join Sunderland dropped dramatically, and this morning he''s there for a medical.

Watch this space...

When betting is suspended I will believe it, until then means nothing sadly

I''ll keep watching the space, but would be gob smacked if we got him. Just don''t see it happening. Watched SSN before work this morning and not a mention of it, despite odds being slashed on Sky''s own betting company, Sky Bet.

As I said previously, the OP just signed up here to encourage bets. That''s my opinion.

Slashing odds means people have bet on it, that is all. And because its a player joining a club, they won''t be taking serious money, so what ever money does go on, will pretty much automatically lower the odds.

I personally still think were more likely to sign Tevez....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Slashing odds means people have bet on it, that is all. And because its a player joining a club, they won''t be taking serious money, so what ever money does go on, will pretty much automatically lower the odds. I personally still think were more likely to sign Tevez....[/quote]

Did you intentionally copy my posts, changing just a couple of words?